Virgin Media retention deals (post your haggling successes)

Options

Comments

• lovinituk
    lovinituk Posts: 5,711 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Virgin trying to over charge me as I left them the start contract was 12 months now gone up to 18 can they do this
    That isn't really anything to do with retentions which is what this thread is about. You would be better off starting a new thread.
  • buttonmoon
    buttonmoon Posts: 152 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I keep missing calls from Virgin. I take it is a a good sign they are calling? I presume not to accept the first offer unless it is stonking. Ideally I want new V6 (as my TiVo is 6 years old) and offer given to new people with my package. I
  • gunner786
    gunner786 Posts: 259 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Talk Unlimited
    SuperFibre 70
    Loyalty Customer
    Big Connection Bundle total
    £30.47

Promotional offer(s)
    You'Re Receiving A œ9 Loyalty Discount. If You Change Your Package You May Lose This Discount Which Will End 03-JUL-17
    Promotional offer(s)CR £7.20

Phone line rental total £19.00

Your package total£42.27

Am i getting a good deal or can i do better?
  • Marvel1
    Marvel1 Posts: 7,172 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    cjdavies wrote: »
    Shall be looking around later for bargaining power and cancelling, but this time make sure they have my mobile number as last time no call.

£33 for Telephone weekends and 70Mb BB.

Last time I tried they said I was downloading a lot over a month as I game online and stream TV/films - don't have freeview etc. No other provider would allow this and gamers know this and stay with VM.

Anyone know how low I can get it down too?
  • dazzaofdagenham
    dazzaofdagenham Posts: 1,512 Forumite
    Options
    Ok advice please

I'm on the upto 150 Mbps ( broadband only ) package....with a ten pounds per month discount, so I'm paying 28.75 per month.

Min term is up in about 6 weeks and I'll also lose the tenner a month discount....now I'm on the understanding the 150mbps package I'm on doesn't exist anymore.

Anyone help with what I should be aiming for ?

I'd be happy to drop down to the 100mbps if with a discount I can get monthly cost below 20 pounds per month
  • hunsbury0
    hunsbury0 Posts: 275 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ok advice please

I'm on the upto 150 Mbps ( broadband only ) package....with a ten pounds per month discount, so I'm paying 28.75 per month.

Min term is up in about 6 weeks and I'll also lose the tenner a month discount....now I'm on the understanding the 150mbps package I'm on doesn't exist anymore.

Anyone help with what I should be aiming for ?

I'd be happy to drop down to the 100mbps if with a discount I can get monthly cost below 20 pounds per month

I am paying £21.00 for 150mb broadband & landline .
  • buttonmoon
    buttonmoon Posts: 152 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Cancelled on the 19th and had phone calls everyday since the 20th!

I was paying £106 for full house tv, talk weekend and 152mb broadband, sky sports, with and old BB hub (don't know which one) and an 6 year old TiVo box.

I was offered a package for £85 to stay so I said that was too expensive and said I didnt understand why the same package (without Sky Sports) for £55 and why couldn't they offer me that but also it I was a new customer I would also have new BB hub and V6 box!

Guy on the phone immediately offered me the package advertised for new customers on the website for £54 for 12 months. So now I have talk weekend, full house tv, 200 vivid BB, free new BB hub, free new V6 box and free installation with 12 month contract.

I had an email within 2 hours confirming everything.

I'm not bothered about losing sky sports as still have BT sport for my husband.

I was determined not to accept the first offer but was surprised how easy it was to get money off just by asking after getting nowhere with the cancellations team!
  • Marvel1
    Marvel1 Posts: 7,172 Forumite
    Options
    hunsbury0 wrote: »

:eek: how did you manage that? Do you have family/friends working there? At the momemt payimg £33 70Mb and telephone weekend.
  • hunsbury0
    hunsbury0 Posts: 275 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    cjdavies wrote: »
    :eek: how did you manage that? Do you have family/friends working there? At the momemt payimg £33 70Mb and telephone weekend.

I rang retentions but ttheyy did not offer me any good deals, so I gave my 30 days notice to join BT. 3 days latter,
    VM outbound team rang me & offered me this for 12 months to stay with them.
  • dazzaofdagenham
    dazzaofdagenham Posts: 1,512 Forumite
    Options
    hunsbury0 wrote: »

Ok that's ok....does the landline include any calls etc ?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback