Virgin Media retention deals (post your haggling successes)

Options

Comments

• dave_dph
    dave_dph Posts: 618 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 3 May 2017 at 11:29AM
    Options
    My result is very similar to andylad72.

I was paying just over £67 per month for:
    Full House TV with 2 x 500Gb Tivos
    100Mb broadband
    Talk Weekends

Initial offers were not very good, so on the 18th April I cancelled and placed my order with BT for 50Mb Infinity. The BT deal with £150 mastercard and £100 topcashback would have worked out just over £13 per month, to that I would have added a smart NowTV box. I appreciate that wouldn't have matched my Virgin package but I was prepared to make sacrifices.

Virgin started calling from the 20th and managed to get me on the 24th. I was offered and accepted £42 per month (including line rental) with no change to package, 12 month agreement. Yes this is more than the BT deal with NowTV, but Tivo gives me far more channels and the ability to record on 2 boxes.

Overall very happy.
  • hunsbury0
    hunsbury0 Posts: 275 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    BT 52mb broadband now has £200 reward & TCB £70.
    I have been given 150mb broadband & landline by VM for £21.00 pm.
  • sionyboy
    sionyboy Posts: 33 Forumite
    Options
    Phoned VM Customer Services yesterday to give notice, quoted the current BT £40.99. CS offered a small discount to my monthly package, but it was still more than BT so declined.

I'm hoping that VM Retentions call back in a day or two to negotiate (that tends to be my experience) although I've already had a couple of emails from VM confirming my new monthly package amount (phone only until its disconnected) and a disconnection/goodbye email. Is this just them playing hard ball, or should I sign up to BT now and forget about a call from retentions?
  • hunsbury0
    Options
    sionyboy wrote: »
    Phoned VM Customer Services yesterday to give notice, quoted the current BT £40.99. CS offered a small discount to my monthly package, but it was still more than BT so declined.

I'm hoping that VM Retentions call back in a day or two to negotiate (that tends to be my experience) although I've already had a couple of emails from VM confirming my new monthly package amount (phone only until its disconnected) and a disconnection/goodbye email. Is this just them playing hard ball, or should I sign up to BT now and forget about a call from retentions?
    What package have you got from VM & how is the best offer that you have had from them?
    What BT package are you looking at? How much does it work out monthly for the first year- Package +Activation fee less TCB cashback & BT Reward cashback?

Are you also going to port VM landline number to BT?
  • sionyboy
    sionyboy Posts: 33 Forumite
    Options
    hunsbury0 wrote: »
    What package have you got from VM & how is the best offer that you have had from them?
    What BT package are you looking at? How much does it work out monthly for the first year- Package +Activation fee less TCB cashback & BT Reward cashback?

Are you also going to port VM landline number to BT?

I've got Mix TV, 70Mb, landline with eve/wkend calls with 1 extra SD TV box in the bedroom. Currently paying £52 a month (which was due to go up to £60+ as discount was coming to an end. Was offered same package, minus the extra box, for £44 a month by CS.

Was looking at this deal from BT (52mb infinity, Total Ent Plus TV, landline weekend calls) £40.99 a month with £59.99 setup fees. £200 MasterCard as an incentive. I will be porting landline to BT.

https://www.broadbandchoices.co.uk/product/4137
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 30 May 2017 at 11:11PM
    Options
    I've got Mix TV, 70Mb, landline with eve/wkend calls with 1 extra SD TV box in the bedroom. Currently paying £52 a month (which was due to go up to £60+ as discount was coming to an end. Was offered same package, minus the extra box, for £44 a month by CS.

Was looking at this deal from BT (52mb infinity, Total Ent Plus TV, landline weekend calls) £40.99 a month with £59.99 setup fees. £200 MasterCard as an incentive. I will be porting landline to BT.

Go through Quidco and you get cash back too - £80 for Infinity and calls, plus the £200 MasterCard.
  • hunsbury0
    Options

I would sign up with BT but don't pay anything upfront- choose the option of taking out the set up fee at the same time of tge 1st payment from your bank.
    Also ask BT to port your VM landline number to them.
    Book the BT install date about 10 days before the VM notice period ends.
    Hopefully, VM may ring you when BT asks permission to port your number.
    Make sure that you log in TCB & then search for BT site from there to get the TCB cashback as well.
    Make sure that you answer your phone when VM ring from an 0800 number.
    Good luck.
  • bengalknights
    bengalknights Posts: 5,021 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 8 May 2017 at 9:46AM
    Options
    Not really a retention deal but more a i left for 3 months and came back deal.

Was approached by the VM rep and told her only left 3 months ago so cant get new customer deals.

She managed to open me a new account and get the player package with 300 broadband for £30 a month 12 months on self install (took the package away from her)

She was also able to do 100 for £20, so for those of you who left recently see if your local vm rep can do anything for you

Got the contract definitely a new account with the terms stated as per the deal.
  • Money_Saving_Forever
    Options
    sid1234 wrote: »
    Cancelled and gave my 30days notice for broadband and phone and got many calls from VM which I missed. I finally was available when they called again 4days before the contract was about to expire and haggled the following...

talk weekends and 150meg broadband
    £196 line rental saver I pay upfront
    £60 credit
    £11 broadband- £4 loyalty discount= £7 a month

total = £220 for 12 months= £18.33 per month :-)

It pays to be patient and haggle haggle haggle!

Sid, cheers for your post buddy :beer:

I got the following today:

Line rental waived for 12 months (allegedly worth £196 :think: )
    100mb broadband
    Talk unlimited (free calls to landlines 24/7)
    Basic TV package with an add on (price for the add on channel package is £12p/m which I only need for 7 months a year so this will reduce the monthly cost when not needed)
    Multi talk 75 (75 minutes to 0870/0845)

£43 per month :T
  • Tarqy
    Tarqy Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    Full House TV
    VIVID 200 Optical Fibre
    Talk Weekends
    2 x Tivo Boxes

£35 per month including line rental for 12 Month

£42.50 credit on the bill each month.
Meet your Ambassadors