Virgin Media retention deals (post your haggling successes)

Options

Comments

• hunsbury0
    hunsbury0 Posts: 275 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Bt rewards reduced to £125, was £150 for bt 52mb & landline. And TCB reduced to £80 , was £100.
  • Maxwell007
    Maxwell007 Posts: 312 Forumite
    Options
    I got 3months sky sports after is said I wanted to leave Virgin.
    I will stay for now but there prices are getting way too expensive . .
  • Marvel1
    Marvel1 Posts: 7,172 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 21 April 2017 at 8:02PM
    Options
    Anon wrote: »
    I'm sorry but you are clearly not paying any attention to the posts above and therefore it is no surprise you have not been offered anything worth staying for.

Give notice, await Outbound call. Don't give notice, you will not get any decent offers and stay on your current deal. Don't feel disheartened as you need to follow the process and it generally pays off.

Now you have actually put in your notice there is a strong chance Outbound will call you - even if you still go through with your BT order it is worth the conversation with them, if they call within 14 days, as you could still cancel BT if the offer is worth staying for.

In my case did not phone me at all! I ended phonng them 4 hours before cut off and was paying £30.00 for 50Mb BB and Telephone Weekends.

The price is now £33, but says on my bill "You'Re Receiving A œ7 Loyalty Discount. If You Change Your Package You May Lose This Discount Which Will End 08-APR-18". Am I stuck until then?

I really don't know how people get these really low offers, unless like another poster has - family/friend contact for discount codes.
  • hunsbury0
    hunsbury0 Posts: 275 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    cjdavies wrote: »
    In my case did not phone me at all! I ended phonng them 4 hours before cut off and was paying £30.00 for 50Mb BB and Telephone Weekends.

The price is now £33, but says on my bill "You'Re Receiving A œ7 Loyalty Discount. If You Change Your Package You May Lose This Discount Which Will End 08-APR-18". Am I stuck until then?

I really don't know how people get these really low offers, unless like another poster has - family/friend contact for discount codes.

I guess that if you have not agreed to a new deal, then you can give 1 months notice to leave as long you are out of the contract. The loyalty bonus that are getting will end in April 18. I would ring them & confirm that you not tied to a new contract for 12 months.
    Have you thought about BT 52mb broadband? You can go on BT site & enter your post code/address to find out if you can get BT fibre?
  • Lord_Dante
    Lord_Dante Posts: 76 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    How long did it take for people to get an email with the offered contract? I spoke to someone Friday and nothing yet but my account is showing an engineer visit for this Friday.

I managed to get payment reduced from £52 to £30 and I got

An upgraded TV package (Can't remember which one),
    Talk Weekends (Same as before)
    150MB internet (Was 70MB)
    V6 box and new super hub. (Was TIVO and Superhub 2)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Since November my Virgin package has risen by £7.71 and will rise again in July by another fiver

I was on the phone to them this morning and they seem to be indifferent to bargaining.

I will probably go for a better deal from Sky or talkTalk as I am on the bog basic lowest package with internet and my TiVo box and phone (although I never use my landline as I use my EE mobile to phone out and only have incoming calls only on my phone. I have been a customer first with Telewest /Blueyonder then when Virgin took over for a total of 17 years I think its high time I moved to a better deal, shame as I did like Virgin ,but as a pensioner on a fixed income my pension doesn't increase in the way the Virgin prices do
  • mro
    mro Posts: 813 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    JackieO wrote: »
    Since November my Virgin package has risen by £7.71 and will rise again in July by another fiver

I was on the phone to them this morning and they seem to be indifferent to bargaining.

I will probably go for a better deal from Sky or talkTalk as I am on the bog basic lowest package with internet and my TiVo box and phone (although I never use my landline as I use my EE mobile to phone out and only have incoming calls only on my phone. I have been a customer first with Telewest /Blueyonder then when Virgin took over for a total of 17 years I think its high time I moved to a better deal, shame as I did like Virgin ,but as a pensioner on a fixed income my pension doesn't increase in the way the Virgin prices do
    Why has it risen like that & why in July.

I know last standard price rise was last Nov, haven't heard of price rise this year.

I agree their price rise over last few years have been ridiculous.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    No idea but the customer sales person didn't seem to give a toss, and said if I wanted to change now it would cost me £88.00 plus so I will bite the bullet until September then it will be goodbye to Virgin as I am sure I can get a better deal elsewhere
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    JackieO wrote: »

If you are still in a minimum term, you cannot bargain because you cannot cancel. If you can cancel then do so and they will make offers to entice you to stay.

"Bargaining" does not work unless you cancel and mean it. No point just threatening to cancel...
  • andylad72
    andylad72 Posts: 19 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Was paying £78 a month for 2 TiVo boxes, Full House TV, up to 150MB BB and Talk Weekends.
    Was offered same package for £66 a month on phoning up to cancel. Went ahead with cancellation and priced up with Sky and BT.
    Call from retentions team today - offered same package for £49 a month (includes line rental) for next 12 months. Cheaper than what I could negotiate with Sky and BT so accepted and staying with Virgin.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback