Round and round the overdraft....soon to be no more

Options

Comments

• louby40
    louby40 Posts: 1,519 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Afternoon all

Well the end of 2016 is fast approaching - I can't believe how fast it's gone. I've had some great times and made some lovely memories.

But 2017 is going to be even better.

I've looked at My Fitness Pal ready for Monday when I start my healthy eating & booked a couple of classes at the gym too.

I've just got my school bag out of the garage too to start some work but I just can't find any motivation to get going with that. I always feel the same at Christmas. I've still got 3 days to look at it

Lots of washing and ironing done yesterday. We ate left over pasta last night for tea. We're out round some friends later for a take away and drinks and tomorrow we're out for a meal and taking DH's daughter - we may go to the cinema afterwards then home to open a bottle of Moet I had as a present!
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    I think everyone has put on weight with Christmas on Louby. I always picture you very slim and trim.

Top marks on the oven. xxx
    2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • louby40
    Options
    PSL ah thank you - I'm tall (5' 8") so can carry a bit of extra weight but contentment has seen me put half a stone on since the beginning of the year so it needs to go. My size 14 jeans are very uncomfortable.

Surveys...below is a link/referral to the YouGov site - they send you surveys to complete 3/4 a week and you build up points. Once you get 5000 pts you get £50. It does take a while, I have 1025 to get and its taken me about 5 months. Thought I would share in case anyone wants to take part

https://yougov.co.uk/refer/TXHQ7-cSanqj4dP-iv6xhQ/
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Happy New Year to you Louby :beer: xx
    Mummytogirls x

• louby40
    Options
    Happy New Year to everyone who has ever posted or a secret lurker!

Here's to a debt free and prosperous 2017

:beer::j:beer::j
  • louby40
    Options
    Happy New Year!

We had a really nice evening. Myself and my OH took his 13 yr old daughter for an Italian meal. I drove so only had one glass of wine. The food was great and we had a pleasant couple of hours. We then went to the cinema to see Fantastic Beasts and where to find them - which was really good. The cinema was packed.

We then came home and saw the new year in with a bottle of Moet and Jools Holland! Asleep by 12.30 and feel fine this morning. It was actually a really nice night!

Got up at 7.30am and weighed myself - not good but you've got to start somewhere. Spent the morning taking down decorations and cleaning. OH has stripped the bed and is starting lunch - roast chicken.

Need to crack on with some school stuff. My heart isn't in it but it's got to be done.
  • louby40
    Options
    I've done a bit of school work so feel better and a bit more prepared.

OH made a lovely roast chicken lunch and I've just been paying some bills and moving money around. My debts are UNDER £3K!!!!! :j:j:j

My Barclaycard is now at £28 which is brilliant. I'm just waiting for a dress to be refunded back to it then I can settle the difference which will be about £7 I hope. :T
  • louby40
    Options
    Last day of the holidays. Feeling really sad as I've had such a lovely break. Yesterday I did some work and then we watched a film in the afternoon, I read a bit and we settled down to watch Sherlock.

Today I've been to the gym with my OH and then we've got back and he's made broccoli and stilton soup with left over stilton and broccoli from Aldi that is still only 19p. We've had some for lunch and will take it to work tomorrow and Wednesday - it was yummy.

We've got sausage casserole for tea. Feeling very organised....it won't last....:rotfl:
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Options
    Hope the new term goes well.
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Very organised and MSE of you, impressive. Getting in to good habits early in the new year with using leftovers and going to the gym, go you!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure