We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Options

Comments

• braveheart60uk
    Options
    I'm wondering if I'm missing something with these loo rolls?

Only they seem expensive to me, I pay £2 for 9 or £3.99 for 18 at Home Bargains for 3ply Nicky Elite which are very high quality.
    Was using e-vouchers and cash, net effect was V cheap ;)
  • Sarahdol75
    Sarahdol75 Posts: 7,717 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

No pancakes for us this evening, my DS1 has just made some for his breakfast.

Its is DS2 birthday today and he want to take friends to the trampoline park, so we are off doing that later.

TM glad your husband ok and he got his stuff back.

Have a good day.
  • purpledonkey
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    a very brave decision, the only way to do this is to do a full shut down of everything as soon as you get out of bed ...

:rotfl: I forgot, but I am going out in a bit.

Also I forgot it was pancake day. It creped up on me... *runs*
    'I solemnly swear that I am up to no good'
  • 3Dogs
    3Dogs Posts: 14,092 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning Elite :wave: Berry Bear woke me just after 8 so got up and fed the two of them but chanced another couple of hours in bed. I did get about an hour but Berry decided I shouldn't be doing this so started barking about 10 and only stopped every time I sat up in bed. Minute I lie back down he barks again. Everytime I stick my leg out and rub his back, he stops, but when I put my leg back under the covers to keep warm, he barks again. So I had to give in eventually. If anyone was videoing this happening every morning, it would make a great youtube video lol :rotfl:
    mhoc wrote: »
    I am resigned now to always living in a twilight zone called 'Pre -retirement' never ever reaching the light at the end of the tunnel.
    OH - well after the last 2 days I am not going to let him retire at all :rotfl:

They moved my pensionable date 3 times but I eventually grasp it on 6/4/2017 - 9 days before my 64th birthday
    Snap-ant wrote: »
    scamp.jpg

sausages ;)
    :( Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 :( 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13 :(
  • Serendipitious
    Options
    :rotfl: I forgot, but I am going out in a bit.

Also I forgot it was pancake day. It creped up on me... *runs*

Well don't batter yourself up about it... :)
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• 3Dogs
    3Dogs Posts: 14,092 Forumite
    Options
    Oh and I'm glad Mr TM's stuff turned up TM

I loved my Dymo labeller, EVERYTHING got label's on
    :( Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 :( 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13 :(
  • Serendipitious
    Options
    Was using e-vouchers and cash, net effect was V cheap ;)

Ah, I see :)

Mind you even in those circumstances I would still begrudge the extra pound or so and end up choosing something else, but that's just me. :)

Good to get them used-up though, nothing like a quick turnaround. :)
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• pacifica9
    pacifica9 Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Options
    Well I went in store to check supplies of sharp things and there were none on the shelf. As luck would have it, SA was picking a C&C order on that aisle and so I ventured to ask if she knew whether they had any in stock. She said she didn't think so as they had 'had a run on them' recently (that would be me :D) and people had been ordering a dozen at a time. I wanted to say "surely you mean ten as the other two wouldn't compare":rotfl:. Anyway, computer says no. Only one showing as in stock so my C&C should be ok later.:D.
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
  • purpledonkey
    Options
    Well don't batter yourself up about it... :)

I'm not going to flip out over it, although I do need to go to !!!!!! for some eggs! :D
    'I solemnly swear that I am up to no good'
  • fuzzgun19
    fuzzgun19 Posts: 7,767 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    From CC this morning, some fillers removed. vW.

4x Fairy Washing Powder Non Bio 22 Washes (1.4kg) £24.00 £16.00
    2x Comfort Pure Fabric Conditioner 42 Washes (1.5lt) £6.00 £3.00
    3x Comfort Fabric Conditioner Sunshiny Days 42 Washes (1.5l) £9.00 £4.50
    10x Gillette Venus Embrace 5 Blade Razor & Shower Holder (each) £50.00 £10.00
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family