We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Options

Comments

• braveheart60uk
    Options
    Fwee hot dwinkie now on App. And wemembwer the Mr Shoes soft drink is still available, can only use once per account though
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    14993301_1139052789535627_803295545260022424_n.jpg?oh=27109706e63c639f227955b5eecc6f25&oe=59733112
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• Serendipitious
    Options
    Had a little sleet here this morning, not much more than you get in a snow globe, all gone now, so if that is to be our token nod to the winter, that's fine by me.

Posted Fleabay item yesterday. Then nipped to office with expenses claim, then on to my child-minding stint with the grandchildren, again we had a device-free evening, cooked dinner, bedtime stories, Cluedo etc, all good. I also managed to put all the washing through (5 loads on quickwash) from their weekend away, so that's given DD a head start to the week.

Raining now, but I have the delightful task of choosing what to do for the next few days as I'm using up the last of my leave for this year. :D It's just nice being at home and even better getting paid for it. :D

I must be the only one not to have bought any razors, never done a C&C at Sada, must give it a whirl sometime.

New glasses cost nearly £300 so I'm on Frugal Street for a few weeks. Should have done some razors to offset this, but I was too busy last week so I have not really got my head round it.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    The burning question of the day is are the hens out yet?

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/avian-influenza-bird-flu-in-winter-2016-to-2017
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4011538/Eggs-hens-kept-indoors-labelled-free-range-result-European-bird-flu-outbreak.html

A while back I listened to a radio programme which said that the key date was March 1st to get the free range hens outside again following on from the various avian flu outbreaks.
    Whilst they are inside they eat more (boredom I suppose) and more injuries and disease so eventually this reflects in egg prices.

Also all those free range eggs we buy are not technically free range at the moment but producers can still call them free range for up to 12 weeks. There are a lot of co oped up hens that are coming up to that 12 week deadline

The burning question of the day mhoc is .....

Rafferty s motorcar:rotfl::rotfl:

Good Morning all,

Got trouted in Sada this morning lol. Some awkward old woman decided she couldn t do my one and only apg as I d gone over thenumbers only so they could see to input them:mad: The latest " reason" they give is that its fraud as someone else's bank details on. I don't give a monkeys about their bank numbers.

I said get the manager so she went off never to be seen again and this scruffy guy came to me but he wasn t the manager he was one of the security guards. At least I got my apg back which she didn't want to give me back. Guess I'd better lie low for a bit :o
  • Serendipitious
    Options
    As leaving last night, I intercepted a Sada receipt that DD was binning - apg 3.93 :D

v S, shop dated 25/2:

1x Flora Light Spread (500g) £1.70 £1.00

1x Brancott Estate Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc (75cl)
    £8.98 £6.75
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• ilovetoshop
    Options
    Pancake anyone ?

B1CBA6EF-46C8-450F-985D-18188D9BD0D0_zpsomexmy5b.png

:)
    One cannot change the past, but one can ruin the present by worrying over the future.
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning peeps.

Snap why don't you bay them you will probably get more back?!
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I ordered a black Art s last night!
    Not sure if I should have now but thought I would use me sprise money as a treat!
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • underperky
    underperky Posts: 5,217 Forumite
    Options
    Good moning sunny but cold here
  • nanx4
    nanx4 Posts: 277 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    morning all.
    For anyone waiting i picked up a cc this morning at 8,

results in worked fine :T
This discussion has been closed.