Debt-Free wanna be vs Maternity pay. Determined to stay on track.

Options

Comments

• reality_check
    reality_check Posts: 752 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 25 July 2017 at 2:38PM
    Options
    That is great news about the £8,000!! What a fantastic boost to the house deposit! Had a look at the Quidco offer for Dominos but must have missed it - hope you got yours! I also love Lidl diet coke, full fat version is disgusting, but I was convinced it tasted exactly like diet coke, but now when I drink diet coke I don't like it as much as the Lidl version. I've noticed with baby/kids clothes that selling in bundles on fb buy and sell sites seems to be popular, so a job lot for £10 for a selection of certain sizes seems to be more popular than individual prices plus saves a million people comng to collect/drop off to xx
    Starting debt £18,675.63 :eek:
    Current debt: £5,000 (16/05/18)
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    https://www.quidco.com/dominos-13-july/?utm_campaign=6a5004513cc3eec292255459939a933b

Try this link. It's for new quidco accounts only though. X

Thinking I'll just do a car boot at the weekend with my mum I have found so much stuff x
    emergency fund:£179/ £1000 Uniform/car fund:£
    boys savings £
    Christmas £60 bday £40 holiday £

Family loan £7000/£5425
    Credit Card 0% £2015.32 eon £435 overdrafts £1500/£1300
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Oh my gosh guys things are happening so quickly!

Quick update:

DP cannot be used for the mortgage as he hasate payments on the mortgage he currently holds with his step dad! I will be applying alone next Wednesday with the govemremts help to buy providing a 20% loan and with about a 8% deposit. The broker thinks on my own I will be able to get the mortgage as I am still currently classed as full time with a high salary. She said I need to move all my debt to DP if possible but when applying for a loan to cover this the apr came back at 21%:mad:!!! So I swallowed my pride and spoke to my dad said he's get the loan and we'd set up a standing order to cover the monthly payments. The loan rates drop significantly when you apply for over £7000 so that's what we've gone for £4000 to pay off my debt then the rest for solicitors fees, stamp duty etc.

I know this is a debt free diary and I'm over here piling on more debt but it's for a house not for shoes or vodka so I hope you'll forgive me. I plan to keep my diary open and work on paying debt saving and living sensibly. My diary and all the lovely people who have commented along the way has taught me sooo much about money and I really feel like a changed person. There will be items we need for the house straight away and I'll keep a record of spends on here to keep me in control but any non essentials will be saved for then purchased I promise!!!!!

I feel so sick that this could actually all be happening finally!!! Eeeekkkkkk!!! Xxx
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • MrsSave
    MrsSave Posts: 1,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    How exciting for you!! :j
    Starting a new debt free journey
    Starting Debt: £5,250
    Current Debt: £4,995.50
    Amount Paid: £254.50 Percentage Paid: 4.84%
    Emergency Fund: £350
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    Wow Hannah. This is enourmous. I am on my train getting VERY emotional reading your diary and progress.

On the practical side I just wanted to say that I fully 100% agree that it is the right thing to do to take money from your children's savings. You can replace it and they will benefit massively from you buying a property that is yours,

Please keep us updated. xxx
    2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • reality_check
    Options
    Congratulations!! You've worked hard and deserve this, how exciting!! :) x x x
    Starting debt £18,675.63 :eek:
    Current debt: £5,000 (16/05/18)
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Thank you guys. I just hope it all goes to plan. I feel so sick. I just want to get it applied for and get the answer back and know either way.....we shall see.

£10 spend today on soft play and lunch with my sister as the park day out we had planned got rained off.

The boys are at the childminder the next two days so I'll spend tomorrow sorting cupboards, wardrobes etc out they need doing anyways and it'll be helpful if we do get the house to be organised. Then sat is my day of going what ever I want. Lie in, breakfast and tv in pj's then a shower and off to mean a non mum friend for lunch (this will have to be cheap but she'lol understand) then back home for some more chilling and maybe a bath before the boys arrive home. Eeeek I'm excited!

I need to get DP to pay the childminder tomorrow then clear my next account too. I don't want those payments coming from my bank accounts. I paid all the other debt off from my account today and am now panicking they will class theses transfers as spends! But it was from a savings account so hopefully ok!

Oh this is stressful!!!
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Feeling all meh today. Boys are at the childminder and my motivation is at 0 I've done a few jobs and sorted out and listed a lot of things to sell but it's been a struggle. Without the boys here keeping me busy my brain has so much more time to overthink everything. I guess it's the best shot we've got for a while so worth a shot. Just too scared to get my hopes up incase it all falls through.

I was going to pop for a small food shop but decided against it while I'm feeling meh. I just cannot be trusted. I'll pop tomorrow when I'm out and about anyway.

Right my washing awaits me so I'd best stop making excuses to skive.

X
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • debbie_debt
    debbie_debt Posts: 299 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You're doing amazing Hannah!! Keep your chin up. I do the same when I finally get a day to myself every once in a while. I soooooo look forward to being able to get on and do stuff child-free, but when it actually happens I get all down and meh and can't be bothered. Typical!

Focus on your lovely new house that absolutely WILL happen. Law of attraction! Believe and it will come. Not to sound too hippy :rotfl:

It's an exciting time, but equally it can be an anti-climax so that could also be why you're feeling weird about it all. Is there any element of feeling like you've been given something that you wanted to work towards on your own? I don't judge you at all for taking the money - my mum very generously gave us £5k when she retired earlier this year. I love her for it, and happily accepted it, but if it was my last £5k of debt paid off, I might have felt like I wanted to do it on my own, if that makes sense. Just remember how hard you have worked to get where you are now and the sacrifices you've made to get there. You've done so well. Be proud!!
    HIGHEST DEBT £63,300 LBM 27/5/2020 DEBT FREE DATE 31.08.2022
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Wahhhh got woken up by the house phone at 8.30 both boys projectile vomiting over the childminders kitchen! Both up sleeping now so having a rest before round two. Feeling so sick myself too so guessing that's why I felt so meh yesterday. I'll try save my sickness until DP gets home tonight and takes over for me.

I think I'm feeling worries as it's me applying on my own for the mortgage and I know it's a long shot on my wages alone. Worth a shot though as DP has late payments on his credit file from the mortgage he has with his step dad so it'll be at least 5 years before we can apply jointly. Might as well give it a shot now we've seen a perfect house for us. Eeek xx
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts