Debt-Free wanna be vs Maternity pay. Determined to stay on track.

Options

Comments

• hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Morning quick pop in before we head out and potentially spent money.

Meeting some friends at a nature park £2 parking then the only other cost should be an ice cream for DS and maybe a tea for me.

Also need to pick up a present for a party we are going to tomorrow. I have gifts stashed away but this is a one year old and nothing suitable. No shops really near where I'm going so I'll see what I end up doing.

Picnic packed last night �� Must remember to pack snacks too I forgot these on our last day our abd ended up spending £4 on a macaroon and juice box that DS hardly touched! Grrr!

£34 pocket money left to last a week. We have DS's school trip Tuesday but again that'll be picnics and ice cream costs. Going for dinner with my girlfriends next Friday so I need to grab a present for that too maybe pick that up today too to save going again.

Think that's all for today x
    emergency fund:£179/ £1000 Uniform/car fund:£
    boys savings £
    Christmas £60 bday £40 holiday £

Family loan £7000/£5425
    Credit Card 0% £2015.32 eon £435 overdrafts £1500/£1300
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Eugh just checked all accounts and I think when I get paid we're going to need about £500 to get things back on track. £243 is coming out of my wages into the childcare voucher fund. I didn't realise things were do behind with dp's couple of low pay days. !!!!!!y! This month his pay will by be good either. I'm hoping I get paid about £1500 which would leave £150 ish for savings I was hoping for more like £500! I knew these months would be tough. Just feels so tight right now.

I was planning on popping to the shops for a few bits as we need bread and milk and could do with some more fruit and veg but after checking accounts I think I will go have a rummage in the kitchen and meal plan and send DP hopefully just for bread and milk. The aim is to not buy food until payday Friday! I have enough fruit and veg in for the kids. I'm trying to be healthy but I'll have to just make do with what's in until payday! I can't keep seeing food and petrol as an essential! I know the kids eating healthy and the school runs are essential but other trips out in the car should be seen as a spend and so should my food shops! I really need to get my food shopping under control! If I get time later I may see if there are any forums I can read for inspiration! I know I just need to meal plan. It's not really the evening meals I struggle with it's lunches I always just pop out got a few bits and never really plan these.

I was thinking about when I'm back at work this morning too and how I tend to pop to shops for bits as I'm in town. That's something I need to watch out for. Maybe I should leave my purse at home and leave my bank card in the car and take cash for planned spends. we shall cross that bridge when we come to it but that is an area where I need to carful not to slip.

DP said the iron isn't working properly....I'll try iron some bits soon and see what I think. We can't have it conking out on us as we both wear shirts for work.

Two more pay days of struggling hopefully then there should be some spare cash to save this £2000 has been still for 5 months now and it's depressing me a little!

Right best go entertain the boys. X
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Entertained ds1 by cooking mini muffins for them both for lunches and also found a bag of vegi sausage rolls in the freezer so cooked those up too. We have a few picnics this week.

I think we just need break, milk and peppers for this week. Whoop! I was planning of popping to Tesco this morning and would have spent £20-£30 in guessing!
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Quick check on the bank accounts this morning and I hadn't taken into account child benefit payment that it's not as bad as I though. Still not as good as I'd like though. Nice surprise though. Ah !!!!!! litterslly hust remember I have the speeding fine to pay.....it was as bad as I though!

Gift ordered for my friends birthday on Friday as I didn't make it to the shops Friday didn't go out sat evening either as ds1 got rushed to hospital in an ambulance Friday he is all good now though just tired and recovering from the drama.

£10 left in the bank ds1's school trip to a farm tomorrow and me and ds2 are invited. We'll make pack lunch then grab an ice cream.

Going to book a Tesco shop for Friday payday but meal plan and only do a small shop hopefully!! I had a look for food shopping forums and couldn't see anything I'll try again today maybe. I need just something I can read to keep me in line and get some new habits from.

Right best go feed the kids x
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Oh also at the mo I pay £30 a month of the cc minimum payment is only £12 �� of lowering this a bit and upping the saving by the amount I lower it by........I know it won't be much but I doubt a small cc debt will effect a mortgage app where as a smaller deposit would.
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • reality_check
    Options
    Oh gosh, just read about the ambulance, you must have got such a fright! Glad he is ok :)

I could also do with shopping, but I NEED to survive with what is in until pay day. I say I could do with shopping, but really my freezer and cupboards could feed the street for a few weeks! It is lunches I struggle with too, always easier to make dinners that can be used as leftover the next day, but I am limited with mince/beef based things for this as hate reheated chicken. This plan doesn't work out too great as most of my dinners are chicken based or fish.

Shame about the under payment but you're doing so well not touching that £2,000! x x
    Starting debt £18,675.63 :eek:
    Current debt: £5,000 (16/05/18)
  • debbie_debt
    debbie_debt Posts: 299 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hannah I hope the little one is Ok! I've only had to call 999 once and that was for my little one. Scariest night of my life.

Well I'm with you on the food shopping budgeting. I keep trying to get ours lower and stop getting a take away when I decide there's nothing in, whereas actually you could feed a small army with what's in my house. I've reached that stage of pregnancy when you just was to sit all the time though, meaning I'm not feeling the cooking vibe haha.

There are loads of boards on here with cheap meal ideas so so have a look round. I think some are under the old-style money saving area, or just do a forum search. The fiscal fast boards are good for that too.

Good luck!
    HIGHEST DEBT £63,300 LBM 27/5/2020 DEBT FREE DATE 31.08.2022
  • culpepper
    culpepper Posts: 4,076 Forumite
    Options
    Hello . Do try the old style boards for food shopping info , everyone is very friendly .
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Oh thanks for the advice. Not sure what the old style forum is I'll try find it.

I know what meals are cheap to make etc....it's just I get to the shops and go mad or use petrol as if it's not an expense for a day out etc. Kinda hard when you like in the middle of nowhere.

X
    I was so traumatised by the whole ambulance situation I've been having nightmares. I got woken up by some cats fighting the night we got back from hospital and I woke up and vertically attacked DP trying to get him awake and out of bed to go save DS. I had a much betttwr nights sleep last night so fingers crossed they'll settle now. The worry really does strange things to us doesn't it. X
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • MrsSave
    MrsSave Posts: 1,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear about your little one. What a scary time for you all x
    Starting a new debt free journey
    Starting Debt: £5,250