The Ultimate Incentive muddles along

Options

Comments

• archersluck
    archersluck Posts: 624 Forumite
    Options
    thanks for the wedding wishes, we had such a perfect day! seems such a blur now. Our photographer did a blog post which makes me very excited for the rest of the photos now. Honeymoon was a blast, japan is such a cool country. Back to work was tough yesterday and OH started a new job too, we promised ourselves 6 months with no major life decisions post wedding ad we are burnt out!

How's your house move going Cinny, are you moving far?

Saving for a deposit: £11,621.15
    20/25lbs
  • Dinah93
    Dinah93 Posts: 11,463 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Dinah93 wrote: »
      [STRIKE]
    • Call Woody [/STRIKE]
      [STRIKE]
    • Email Nursery [/STRIKE]
      [STRIKE]
    • Call HMRC [/STRIKE]
    • Call Car garage
      [STRIKE]
    • Redirect mail again [/STRIKE]
      [STRIKE]
    • Call/Email Peter[/STRIKE]
    • Update spreadsheet about house
    • Update class roster
    • Take poster to forest school
      [STRIKE]
    • Pay room hire for forest school [/STRIKE]
    • Invoice JVC School for lessons
    • Tidy bedroom
    • Find Grace's uniform
    • Empty my car
    • Sort out my yoga bags
      [STRIKE]
    • Pay Jean [/STRIKE]
      [STRIKE]
    • Upload lake district photos [/STRIKE]
    • Upload suryalila photos
    • Upload birthday party photos
    • Send all FBA parcels to Amazon
    • Finish assignment 1 alterations
    • Finish assignment 2 alterations
    • Complete assignment 3
    • Pack for house sitting
    • Medicash claim
    • Reply to all yoga emails
    • Email George from congress
    • Email Yoga leggs
      [STRIKE]
    • Contact teacher friend re website booking hosting[/STRIKE]
      [STRIKE]
    • Email Linda[/STRIKE]
    • Update website
      [STRIKE]
    • Email gyms, try to get more work[/STRIKE]

A week off and the world ends it seems - how to families cope where both work full time/single parent families?! I feel like we need a PA!
    Debt January 1st 2018 £96,999.81
    Debt September 20th 2022 £2991.68- 96.92% paid off
    Met NIM 23/06/2008
  • Cinny91
    Cinny91 Posts: 6,022 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Your honeymoon did look fantastic, Archers! I don't blame you for taking a relaxed 6 months now, we have some spa vouchers from our birthday and our plan is as soon as we're settled in the new house we're booking a day off! We're not going far at all, just back to my hometown. Actually straight across the road from my parents :rotfl:
  • Dinah93
    Options
    We've moved for the week - house sitting for friends. As much as I like spending more time with mum and dad it does feel great to have our own space again. Giving NIM a lie in then hoping he will take the kids out for a few hours so I can do some work on my essay as it's due in on Friday.
    Dinah93 wrote: »
      [STRIKE]
    • Call Woody [/STRIKE]
      [STRIKE]
    • Email Nursery [/STRIKE]
      [STRIKE]
    • Call HMRC [/STRIKE]
    • Call Car garage
      [STRIKE]
    • Redirect mail again [/STRIKE]
      [STRIKE]
    • Call/Email Peter[/STRIKE]
    • Update spreadsheet about house
      [STRIKE]
    • Update class roster[/STRIKE]
    • Take poster to forest school
      [STRIKE]
    • Pay room hire for forest school [/STRIKE]
    • Invoice JVC School for lessons
    • Tidy bedroom [STRIKE]
    • Find Grace's uniform [/STRIKE]
    • Empty my car
    • Sort out my yoga bags
      [STRIKE]
    • Pay Jean [/STRIKE]
      [STRIKE]
    • Upload lake district photos [/STRIKE]
    • Upload suryalila photos
    • Upload birthday party photos
    • Send all FBA parcels to Amazon
    • Finish assignment 1 alterations
    • Finish assignment 2 alterations
    • Complete assignment 3
      [STRIKE]
    • Pack for house sitting[/STRIKE]
    • Medicash claim
      [STRIKE]
    • Reply to all yoga emails [/STRIKE]
    • Email George from congress
    • Email Yoga leggs
      [STRIKE]
    • Contact teacher friend re website booking hosting[/STRIKE]
      [STRIKE]
    • Email Linda[/STRIKE]
    • Update website
    • Advertise new gentle class
    • Order groceries
      [STRIKE]
    • Email gyms, try to get more work[/STRIKE]
    Met NIM 23/06/2008
  • Cinny91
    Options
    Hope you enjoy your week "away"! My parents are away this week so we're seeing to their left-behind-animals. Was shocked at how much more relaxed Rich and I are at their house over our own atm, didn't realise how much we dislike where we are at the moment and it's such a shame because we've made the house itself really lovely!

How did you get on with your list? A friend got me a list pad and I need to start using it - you forget how satisfying ticking things off can be!!

Have a couple things to post off following eBay sales today. Made £45 over the weekend on some of Oscar's old stuff, but had £160 worth of sales end yesterday. Joined a few FB groups for Oscar's pram brand but people really want something for nothing in terms of baby items. Don't want to take too much of a hit as my parents bought it for us, and we're putting whatever we get for it into savings for him, and savings are the only thing we planned to do when we were expecting him that worked out 😂😂
  • wendz86
    wendz86 Posts: 7,171 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Glad you had a good wedding day Archers!

Hope the list is going well Dinah.

Sounds like some good sales Cinny. I ended up selling my travel system for about £15 (wasn't a very popular one) but did get used for two kids for around a year. I've got a few baby bits i need to carboot at some point. I give most the good stuff to my sister for my niece.

Things have calmed down a bit for me after a couple of busy weeks with weddings/birthdays etc. Never felt so disorganized. Got a fairly quiet weekend planned apart from a 5k run through bubbles on Sunday..
  • Dinah93
    edited 25 April 2017 at 10:03PM
    Options
    Do you have a local NCT branch? I sell baby things there. Clothes only sell in bundles at ours, but everything else sells really well - took 60 things to the last one, sold 53, made 118 (no pound symbol - keyboard thinks I'm American.... and it's been the 24th April for 5 days now. And it's 2018. How can it not keep time?!)

Will update list tomorrow, but one thing that wasn't on there that should have been was order business cards as I keep being asked for one and don't have anything, so designed and ordered last night, and some flyers for a leaflet drop. First night of a new yoga block tonight, class numbers up from 4 to 9, I'd capped it at that as it's a small room, but actually I think it could happily take 12 so will open the list again and hopefully get some people from flyers and leaflet drop.

Need to add onto the list design NUM a logo, reply to email requesting logo design, work out if we've been underpaid on accomodation allowance, post sling, return vest tops that didn't make the cut (I get through a lot as they always get worn under teaching clothing but they need to be long and clingy so they don't ride up), look into refund on festival, post sling, put ballet dates on calendar, pay for ballet club, email pregnancy teacher trainer, text woody and order NIM flyers to do his leaflet drop at the same time.
    Met NIM 23/06/2008
  • Dinah93
    Options
    Came close to killing NIM tonight, he meets me at 5pm at ballet on a Tuesday, I then go on to work as I start at 5.45 and it's a 30 minute drive but I have to stop elsewhere to pick up my class register for the night, so I arrive around 5.40. Tonight he calls just after 5pm to say he hasn't even left work yet, so I had to yoink Grace out of her ballet class, drive both kids to my work and NIM met me there at 5.43 - nothing like cutting it fine. When he explained it it wasn't really his fault, however he should have managed his time himself really as my profesional reputation is kind of vital to getting work.

"New" car is shot. Handing it back in the next few days and swapping it for something else. Shame he doesn't have anything else I really want!
    Met NIM 23/06/2008
  • Cinny91
    Options
    That must have been frustrating. It doesn't happen often but I get so wound up when Rich doesn't give my plans the same amount of consideration as his - must be even worse when it's work related as like you said, your business runs on word of mouth and reputation. At least you made it on time!

That's a shame about the travel system going for so little but something is better than nothing - I'm on the opposite end of the scale in that our pram is very popular so they go for nothing as there's a surplus amount for sale and people seem to undercut each other to get rid

Hope everyone had a nice BHW :) Trying to make this month as frugal as possible but Rich has a potential 2 nights in London, we've got a trip to Essex to see family and a few birthdays - but thankfully we've got the presents covered already.
  • clearmydebts
    clearmydebts Posts: 6,485 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning all!

We had a lovely BHW but my brother and his family go back to Oz on Thursday and I am absolutely dreading it :(
    Total (Aug 19):€58,567 Now:€26,947
    DFD:Nov 22/June 22
    Mortgage: €199,712
    MFD: March 2042/July 2034
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills