My debt free diary - getting my life on track

Options

Comments

• Huskyrunner
    Huskyrunner Posts: 542 Forumite
    edited 5 July 2016 at 8:39PM
    Options
    owning your own house aint all its cracked up to be look at the crap time we are having in ours lol

baby steps is the best way put a plan in place

ie right i am gunna pay so much a month off debt.

re my time right i am gunna spend an hour doing surveys each day as there earning can go off debt or treating yourself.

i know its hard but try and stay positive and trust me when you have paid even one of them debts off you will feel brill.I dont have an emergency fund my oh has i build up cash in savings and when i have enough i clear a debt. I sadly have loads of sub 300-400 debts

keep using top cash back you will be surprised what you can buy on there, it takes time too build yes but its worth it.Just too highlight some of the cashback i had on there recently i will give some examples of cashback i have had recently a lot people get surprised at the places you can get it.

Scottish power £21.20 for a new home emergency cover

Virgin east coast trains £4.50

Preloved.co.uk £1.50

Wickes- pay then collect 45p lol

Confused.com £2.32 Cash ins quote

Ebay 75p

Book depository 84p for a couple of school books for my son.

Argos pay then collect 16p new gym bag and power extension cable

Just Eat 27p a takeaway curry

and finally d g food from zooplus £3.80

its all tiny amounts but it adds up
    debts 16550
    Mortgage 69500
  • Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi there, thought I'd check in again as I see a lot more has happened.

To go back a few posts-I am 27 and have several grey hairs. I had my first grey hair at least at 18 when my mum almost joyfully told me she had spotted it!

I discovered one at 22 and burst into tears over it, but now I am 27 and seem to find a new one every week I am at peace with it. I have seen some beautiful women where I live with varying stages of grey hair, really looking fabulous BECAUSE of it, rather than in spite of it, whilst being around my age to your age.

I'm sorry to hear about your son and hope everything gets sorted out, but am glad to hear steps are being taken.

I too love OITNB, but am woefully behind with it because my boyfriend is not interested in watching it, which means i never get to watch it.

I've been enjoying seeing you about on the PAD thread, and wish you further luck. I'm addicted to mine, I want to do tomorrows PAD already!

I just want to say your diary has really helped me. I signed up for just about every survey site under the sun a while back, and have abandoned most of them recently, seeing how well you are doing has inspired me to give a better crack at them. The next email alert that comes through I'm pouncing on!

Take care
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • rexelpink
    rexelpink Posts: 213 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Afternoon diary,

Just popping in quick to try and get back in the habit, have been upstairs all morning washing the second hand Lego I got for DS birthday in the bath, also popped round to a friends house and they had got me an empty pizza box to put the birthday cake in. (the Krispie cake I am making is going to look like a pizza - and friend works for supermarket chain that serve pizzas in branded boxes) so plan for today is to get the Lego washed and dried, decorate pizza box, pick DS up at 6 then make sure everything is sorted for tomorrow as its sports day at school and DDs admission paperwork is due so ill take it in at the same time. Exciting times lol!
    I ordered myself a new brown mascara for my birthday (£3 from Avon - I wasn't going to buy anything but then I got talking to the lady who brought the book round and she seemed lovely) anyway I am going to keep the mascara in my bag, and use it as a 'root touch up' for my hair if it looks really grey... Not sure if this is madness or genius?!?!?!?!

I am going to look at my survey totals later and will update them, I've been screened out of a few lately so not sure they're much different from when I posted last week
    Staring debt - June 2013 - £21,000
    Current debt - February 2018 - £11,378.60

Emergency fund £500 / 100%

Debt free one day at a time
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    I love the sound of the crispy cake. Is it chocolate or marshmallow? Good call on the second hand Lego too toys are soooo exspensive new and sometimes don't hardly get played with. Genius idea on the mascara is it waterproof? If not make sure you take a brolly if it rains.

X
    emergency fund:£179/ £1000 Uniform/car fund:£
    boys savings £
    Christmas £60 bday £40 holiday £

Family loan £7000/£5425
    Credit Card 0% £2015.32 eon £435 overdrafts £1500/£1300
  • milasavesmoney
    milasavesmoney Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    What a creative idea for the cake. It sounds fun! I think everyone and esp DS will love it!
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • rexelpink
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Oh how annoying I just typed a massive long update and it didn't post!!!

Basically because I can't type it all again:

PAD made today £1.08
    TCB still pending
    Survey updates - too complicated to remember all the points, have gone up no payout yet.

Birthday cake - marshmallow and Rice Krispies, I tried the chocolate mix but it set like cement in the fridge everyone would have lost teeth trying to eat it!!!

Spent all day cleaning the disgusting (can't stress enough how grim it was) bix of Lego then thoroughly bleaching the bath.

Mascara doesn't say if it's waterproof or not, so that will be a fun experiment!

Also Florence I had a whole post about oitnb being a shorter season and how I think I might be addicted to Netflix...
    Am currently having game of thrones withdrawal symptoms

• rexelpink
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Ooh I've just been awarded my MSE 100 posts badge! :j:j:D:T

• Poor_Single_lady
    Poor_Single_lady Posts: 1,527 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You have loads going on rexelpink. I remember the days of lego. My parents just bought a load more for my nieces and nephews. So please hang onto yours for the distant future little people!
    I hope your son has a good birthday. Xxx
    2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • rexelpink
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    You have loads going on rexelpink. I remember the days of lego. My parents just bought a load more for my nieces and nephews. So please hang onto yours for the distant future little people!
    I hope your son has a good birthday. Xxx

Thanks PSL hope ur feeling better today? I'm keeping the Lego, Thomas the tank engine trains and track and the Sylvanian families lol!!

• rexelpink
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Evening diary,

50p pad made today.

I realized earlier that despite thinking I would only be able to pay roughly £200 every month, in June I paid £1,057.94! Not bad right!!!

Rice Krispie cake is made and setting in the fridge ready for Saturday, will need to go shopping tomorrow for wrapping paper and party food. Aiming to spend as little as possible but I've got 13 adults and 7 kids to feed!

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business