Options

Comments

• milasavesmoney
    milasavesmoney Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 23 June 2016 at 12:31AM
    Options
    rexelpink wrote: »
    Have also decided to set myself a challenge to have at least paid off £1000 by the end of the year. This is much slower then I originally wanted, at roughly £200 a month and I wanted to pay off between £500 and £1000 but I am going to look at it as minimum £200 and aim for £500.

I need to work out a plan of how I am going to do this... If anyone reading has got any thoughts is love to hear them x

Have you done a SOA? That's very important as it will let you see where your money is being spent. It will give you a great guide as to where you can cut back on expenses. Generally the grocery cost is the one to decrease first. It will also allow your OH to see your monthly state of affairs and hopefully get on board in deciding where to cut back.
    It's a good idea to keep a spending book for a month or so. Have OH keep all receipts or else put him in charge of keeping it and you keep your receipts for him to add to the log. Every penny should be accounted for during the month. This will give you a good idea of just where the money is leaking out.
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Hey Relexpink,

How's your DS getting on? I can't imagine how heart breaking it is DS is only 2 and I get upset when someone makes him sad. Are there any after school activities he can do to boost his confidence and make a strong group of friends?

How did the good shop go? Does DH know the full extent of your debt and how hard your trying to pay it off? He could even get on board with the surveying at home if you get him on board?

Good work on the emergency fund it feels good to have a little safety bet doesn't it.
    X
    emergency fund:£179/ £1000 Uniform/car fund:£
    boys savings £
    Christmas £60 bday £40 holiday £

Family loan £7000/£5425
    Credit Card 0% £2015.32 eon £435 overdrafts £1500/£1300
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Hey I posted before realising there was a page three to your diary oops sorry.

I hope the school take it seriously. Try keeping a diary of every incident your son mentions so you have back up for meetings.

A bit of pampering and treats for your birthday sounds like a good idea. If I get to run down or cut back too much I always go off the rails and have a blow out. How about checking out your local college for discount haircuts from trainees?

Xx
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • rexelpink
    rexelpink Posts: 213 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!

No posts for a few days sorry diary, I will be back on Monday xxx
    Staring debt - June 2013 - £21,000
    Current debt - February 2018 - £11,378.60

Emergency fund £500 / 100%

Debt free one day at a time
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    Happy Birthday. Hope you are having a lovely day and enjoying your day. Xxx:bdaycake:
    2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Happy Birthday!!! I hope your having a lovely weekend xxx
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • Huskyrunner
    Huskyrunner Posts: 542 Forumite
    Options
    happy birthday! hope you have a nice weekend
    debts 16550
    Mortgage 69500
  • reality_check
    Options
    :bdaycake: happy Birthday!!! Have a lovely time xxx
    Starting debt £18,675.63 :eek:
    Current debt: £5,000 (16/05/18)
  • rexelpink
    rexelpink Posts: 213 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Morning diary,

A new week, and I must get more organised about keeping my diary up to date!
    I guess the diary is really motivating to write in everyday and keep me on track and feeling accountable for our finances. problem is that last week I wasn't in a great place and a head in the sand approach seemed easier.

Well being impatient and a head in the sand attitude to money is what got me here in the first place, so I realise that I need to break this cycle. I am facing debt that I have accumulated over 15 years. I can't get demotivated that I can't pay them off in a month or two and give up!

Last week was really difficult. DH went into hospital for his operation, (hopefully this is all sorted now and he's on the road to recovery) and there were several school meetings about the bullying and a plan.
    I'm feeling confident that the school have got a handle on things and I will keep an eye on the situation but I do think they are handling it from now on so I feel a bit calmer.

My birthday was lovely. Had a bbq and a few drinks (turned into a bit of a party / drinking session!!) total cost £30 to feed 18 people. Didn't have to buy any wine as I had a bottle in the fridge already and my friends also came armed with alcohol!

I have been making my pads everyday, £67.95 in my savings account and I've opened another savings account which currently has £1 in it. Would ideally like to put £500 in that in the next 12 months as the car account fund, to cover the mot service and any breakdown repairs.

I need to go now and help little miss rp (she is having a Barbie picnic and has been down twice now to let me know I'm late to attend!!!)

I will come back later with some more updates as I got a few questions about DH and the budget SOA etc that I haven't answered
    Staring debt - June 2013 - £21,000
    Current debt - February 2018 - £11,378.60

Emergency fund £500 / 100%

Debt free one day at a time
  • Huskyrunner
    Huskyrunner Posts: 542 Forumite
    Options
    your diary will help rexelpink its good too look back on
    debts 16550
    Mortgage 69500
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors