Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Options

Comments

• markipad
    markipad Posts: 64 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    MCGONIS wrote: »
    See I don't have (or want) fb or twitter. I have sent them a message through my account 3 weeks ago asking them to UP my Direct debit payment. NOTHING! They want to lay off social media and deal with traditional methods first. If they have time then to hang about and post on that skank then fine.

NOT HAPPY WITH IRESA

I tend to agree; not everyone uses - nor even wants to use - Twitter or Facebook; having said that, I did get a very quick response to my query via Twitter, and it suited me at the time.:cool:
  • markipad
    markipad Posts: 64 Forumite
    Options
    After much deliberation I just switched today, the indecision was driving me round the bend,
    I’ve went for it, Switched from Scottish Power
    No Exit fees
    No Drama so far, Will keep posting.
    What’s the worst that will happen! Ha

Good for you! I'm determined to give Iresa a chance and run with them for a while; we need the small suppliers to survive to keep the big boys on their toes!

I have not needed to phone their customer service - I don't intend to - I'm content to use online methods. Electricity transferred over as expected; Gas seems to be taking a little longer, and I chased Iresa - via Twitter - and they have assured me that it is due to go over to them on Monday 13th March. No meter point for Gas yet, but that seems about par for the course! :)
  • grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Signed up at the beginning of Feb; first meter reads 3rd March; Gas (EON) readings recorded (on Web) immediately (2 rows of the same readings!?); Electricity (EON) readings recorded yesterday (10th); Final bill from EON received today (11th).
    No dramas then but I did provide meter serial numbers at signup. May have made a difference? We've had no meter reader (could take up to 42 days this bit!) and so I guess the meter-checking-3rd-party was happy that my readings were good enough.
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • A.Penny.Saved
    A.Penny.Saved Posts: 1,832 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    See I don't have (or want) fb or twitter. I have sent them a message through my account 3 weeks ago asking them to UP my Direct debit payment. NOTHING! They want to lay off social media and deal with traditional methods first. If they have time then to hang about and post on that skank then fine.

NOT HAPPY WITH IRESA
    I wholeheartedly agree with you. I hate social media and avoid it. It is not the place to conduct customer support IMO. Why would anyone want to share what should be confidential information in public? Never never never I want nothing to do with that crap.
  • poppellerant
    poppellerant Posts: 1,936 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options

NOT HAPPY WITH IRESA
    I'm of similar stance - I neither want nor have a Twitter or Facebook account. I don't see why I should have to sign up to either just because Iresa aren't able to respond to customer's queries via their own means of internal communication - ie: email or using the website.

I sent them a message, only to not receive any form of reply or acknowledgement. I had to send a complaint using their help and support before both the complaint and message were resolved. This just isn't on, but if it means I have to raise a complaint each time I message them, I'll do just that.
  • luckwudaveit
    Options
    Finally got my email confirmation that the gas switches over on the 16th March. This was confirmed on Twitter a week ago and good to get it in an email.

I agree with the comments above. If you want information regularly from Iresa, avoid them. If you're happy to let them get on with it and be patient, then switch to them.
  • Gambler
    Gambler Posts: 3,213 Forumite
    edited 12 March 2017 at 11:10AM
    Options
    brewerdave wrote: »
    Haven't had any replies to my query as in post# 361. Can still access my EON account which suggests they think I'm with them for leccy,so have messaged EON this morning.

Just had my final bill off Eon. All sorted? Nope. Gas is fine.

Eon have used an estimated reading for elec so iresa have obviously not bothered to pass on the reading I sent to them on 08 Feb.

Still no direct debit taken for March.

Absolute joke of a company. They should be stopped from taking on any new customers as they obviously can't cope with the demand and their systems are pretty poor.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,515 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Gambler wrote: »
    Just had my final bill off Eon. All sorted? Nope. Gas is fine.

Eon have used an estimated reading for elec so iresa have obviously not bothered to pass on the reading I sent to them on 08 Feb.

Still no direct debit taken for March.

Absolute joke of a company. They should be stopped from taking on any new customers as they obviously can't cope with the demand and their systems are pretty poor.

My EON final bill has now appeared and they used both my readings for final balance, so obviously IRESA have sent the leccy reading thru the validation process -did take a few days after I would have expected for EON to acknowledge the loss.
    In your case, what have EON said about the use of the estimate?
    As I understand the process, the estimate may actually be the reading validated by the third party rather than a true estimate.
    Also is this "estimate" showing as the opening reading on your IRESA account??
    Bit more worrying is the lack of DD for March -presume you have paid DDs in Jan. and Feb ??
  • martyp
    martyp Posts: 1,047 Forumite
    Options
    Well I went to Iresa from the BG Collective Switch tariff that ended on 28th Feb. I initially started the switch early February with the hope on the website I could specify a supply start date (as this was an option with Zog).
    I only went with Electric as it was cheaper to get gas elsewhere especially with reports of issues with the calorific values on here.
    I called them to enquire about a start date of 1st March (make the most of the lower rates on my BG tariff) and they postponed it for me.
    The direct debit came out early as expected and for the amount expected. On the 1st March everything got going without me having to do anything. The online account had all the correct information in there including the direct debit.
    I entered meter readings (didn't get an e-mail to prompt but wanted to get the ball rolling). I kept checking (they do advise the readings will be checked) and about 8 days later the readings appeared all present and correct.
    I haven't received any bills as yet so can't comment that much but considering the mess British Gas made of my switch I'm impressed so far!
  • DonnySaver
    DonnySaver Posts: 565 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've submitted 2 sets of meter readings so far and they are both showing up on my online account. Just waiting for final bill and refund from British Gas now. I'm happy with Iresa (so far).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure