The end of procrastination and disorganisation.......

Options

Comments

• parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks folks. I knew you would all have some good ideas, and when it comes to food I need all the help can get.:rotfl:

Another work week done :j and a weekend to look forward to. I'm going to spend at least two hours per day decluttering. I'm having another night of " oh my god, how much stuff do I have to sort". I have a large bottle of babysham, a Christmas gift, which I'm going to drink while doing some tonight. Things need to be sorted as I've been thinking about my future and plans I would like to achieve.

But first, the clutter. :eek:
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Enjoy the babycham. Toast the future you and keep decluttering :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • redofromstart
    Options
    I didn't realise they still made babycham! I hope you enjoyed it. I try and do self reward to make myself carry on - finish the shelf I can have a cup of tea and so on.
  • parsniphead
    Options
    It was awful and they shouldn't still make it. Urgh I'll stick to real ale.

Currently in the middle of decluttering hell and failing spectacularly. Also listening to a radio station playing music from when I was young, hopeful and vibrant. A perfect mix to lower the mood. Where did time go, where did that person go, when did the middle aged, frumpy old bag arrive?

A bookshelf looking at me with books of hope and a planned future which never arrived.

Feeling my age today and craving excitement. Or I'm turning I to Rea from Butterflies. Anyone remember that?

Small town blues.

Get a grip girl, eh.

I'll come back when the miserable old s0d b#givers off.

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
  • redofromstart
    Options
    I did have a moment of surprise when I read it - baby cham and real ale such opposite ends of the spectrum.

Just think about the clothes and the haircuts we had back then. I was reading this on the bbc earlier and it made me shudder to think of the way we dressed at school.
  • abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    We all have days where we feel like that Hunni you moan away parsnip xx
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    I'd forgotten about butterflies but know exactly what you mean. At least now though we all have a longer shelf life and more opportunity for change.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • parsniphead
    Options
    I did have a moment of surprise when I read it - baby cham and real ale such opposite ends of the spectrum.

Just think about the clothes and the haircuts we had back then. I was reading this on the bbc earlier and it made me shudder to think of the way we dressed at school.

:rotfl: Some dreadful styles there. I was more of an indie/goth in the 80's so dodged most of the styles of the day.
    abba1772 wrote: »
    We all have days where we feel like that Hunni you moan away parsnip xx

Thanks Abba. I have some strange days.
    I'd forgotten about butterflies but know exactly what you mean. At least now though we all have a longer shelf life and more opportunity for change.

Too true INOD. I definitely relate to her cooking skills.:rotfl:

A day off for me today and I have piles of alterations to do. Not my favorite thing but its all money. I do have to pop to the shop but have a list. I must stick to it. I'm also go to have a mooch through fabric stash and see what I can come up with for me.

Oh and DS's bedroom :eek:.

• doingitanyway
    Options
    Enjoy your fabric mooching Parsniphead :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,056 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Fabric mooching sounds like fun! I am looking at some fleece to copy a jumper I love... Mostly sorted in my head how to do it but copying the collar will take some doing. Won't promise it will keep me out of mischief but I may moan a little. :D However: nothing ventured, nothing gained, and while I prevaricate over it you will have made something nice and actually be wearing it. :) What do you have in mind?
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family