The end of procrastination and disorganisation.......

Options

Comments

• doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,783 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Ditto Parsniphead. I am doing the organising/ sorting/ prepping until I drop tonight. Good luck with yours. Off to do mine. :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    How did you get on last night with your decluttering xx
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Not as good as planned Abba. I have been burning the candle at both ends and it finally caught up with me and for the first time in weeks I was in bed before midnight. I did get a load of fabric sorted to get rid of and some very small scraps binned. I also half filled a bin bag.

Today so far I have been shopping with mum to get a new washing machine as her has packed up. :mad: then another lifetime on the phone to HMRC re tax credits. My DH should do it as he works for them but he refuses as he said its utter chaos. We are slightly under the limits and get sent credits which we save every year, then send them back the following year when they say it's been overpaid. So today I have withdrawn the claim. It's not worth the hassle and I get very stressed over them. if they send more I'm going to send them an admin bill. I'm sick of storing money for them which then I have to spend time sending back.

Right kick up the bum time. An hour and a half before picking up DS time. I can get loads done by then.

Back later.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,783 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I used to get tax credits when freelancing until they claimed to have overpaid me. It was over £1,000! I repaid them and never applied again. I couldn't bear the stress either.

Have a good weekend. Do something nice for yourself :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • parsniphead
    Options
    We just used to save them up to pay them back DIA. DH works for HMRC and just doesn't trust them. Even if we were eligible to keep them I would feel uncomfortable and worry about repayment demands years later.

I had quite a good day yesterday. I did some major work in my sewing room as it's the place where I can earn some extra money. I want to continue that this morning then start elsewhere in the house.

I have a bag of clothes and a bag of fabric for the charity shop so that will be a bit more gone. :j Before visiting the charity shop I would like to sort out the cupboard with he glasses as I have loads I don't use. It's pointless to keep them when someone else could get pleasure from them and it will raise money for a local hospice. I also threw out a couple of bags of junk. I'm thinking by next Friday I will need to pop down to the tip. I already have a small pile to go.

The books from the bookcase in the hall have been moved to the spare bedroom. I like the look of the hall without the bookcase. I would like to get a nice little console table for in there though.

I have some washing to do today and need to strip the beds and get that washed and dried. I'll get that done first thing.

I also have some me time planned to with some catching up with the diaries. I love a good nose and they keep me going.

Have a good day in the sunshine all.

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Goodness it was hot yesterday. I got some jobs done but took it easy to be honest.

Today I have the last of the washing to do and just get it put away. Also I need to get some flowers for dads grave. Happy Father's Day dad.

I'm going to carry on with the work today but again take it easy. I need to finish the sewing room. It's more toys than a workroom.:eek:

The garden needs a bit of a tidy too but I will need to see. My house is overlooked by a tower block. When it's hot the sun bounces off the windows and back into my garden. It was 110 yesterday. My old garden thermometer went up to 126 a number of years ago then the thermometer gave up working. They are mostly empty now and are due to come down in a couple of years so my garden should be more usable in the summer when they do.

Right time to get going. I'm going to stash charity shop bin bags in my car until I can take them the get some more to fill.:j

Have a good day all.

• parsniphead
    Options
    Once again we wake up to bad news. There is so much hate in this world and it makes you wonder if it will ever come to an end.

Its my last week with students and next week is training then im free for some weeks. This means the pressure is on to get things sorted as much as possibke in the next 14 days. Thats ok, I work better under pressure anyway.

This morning I will put away dry washing and do another load and get it out to dry. I could do with getting my curtains down too this week. Perhaps tomorrow.

Money is very tight at the moment due to paying out for sons party at the beginning of the month. I have some coming in from jobs but next month i need to totally cut back and go all Dave Ramsey. Im thi king a car boot or two may be needed.

Right ho, housework then work. Have a good day.

• Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,118 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Life would be so much easier if I could steel myself to do a car boot, so I wish you well with yours, if you do one. :)

It's obviously about to be a busy time so the pressure will be on to cut corners by food shopping... at least that's how it works in my house. Hopefully your money will come through soon and take that pressure down a bit.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Thanks cherry fudge.

I have been very stressed about money today. I haven't been keeping my eye on the ball and have been spending willy nily with no set budget. I now find myself with £30 of DD's to come out and a food shop to do with £25 in my account. I'm going to check the cupboards and freezers to do some batch cooking for the next week until payday and hopefully I should get through with a little top up shop. Food comes before bills.

My cards are not reducing either at the moment. I read so many diaries and so many posters have such detailed plans down to the last penny. I need to get back into this mode. I coped during mat leave and I can do it again. I just need to find my mojo.

I will be back with plans. I can't keep going on like this.

Fed up and cross with myself today... Sorry.

• Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,118 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Sending mojo dust and a hug x
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family