The end of procrastination and disorganisation.......

Options

Comments

• parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    i've got both the book and the dvd of the secret. i'm determined to watch the dvd at least once a week.

Thanks INOD.

I don't have the attention span for watching things on TV but love reading. I may dig my copy out and see if I can be inspired.

I had a good day today. I have the fabric for the customer dress and the fabric for DH's shirt for his birthday. The rag market in Brum is good for basic fabrics but prices have started to go up, it was so much more pricey than last time.

DS has just tidied some DVD's I had dumped in the spare bedroom, bless him but has now moved to jumping on me while I'm typing. Oh well. :rotfl: if I go offline it to deal with broken ribs.;)

One more week at work then a few weeks off. I do work well under pressure so hopefully, no I will gets loads done this week. Next Friday I plan two tip runs and a visit to get a fence panel to secure the garden.

Need to go now. I have a toddler bed mattress on top of me.

Help x
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • lcc86
    lcc86 Posts: 2,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi parsniphead, just caught up on your diary again and must say I felt the same at a lot of times when I was trying to clear my debt. Sometimes I would post too much and got obsessed and had to take a break from this forum - and from debt busting in general. Sometimes it's helpful to take a break from debt busting as it then allows you to focus on other things. Plus if you have a plan (which you seem to) then a week/month off won't be the end of the world. The debt will be clear one day, sometimes quality of life and time to do things that mean a lot to you is more beneficial and motivating in the long run (if that makes sense?).
    Save £3,000 emergency fund #79 - £1,796 as of 04/24
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Thank you Icc86

What you said makes a lot of sense. Quality of life is the most important thing. I did have a break from MSE sometime last year and it did help but at the moment I think it's the place I need to be. I remember you working on debt and saving for your big Australia holiday. I bet that seems a long time ago.

I had a bad nights sleep last night. I couldn't get comfortable as I really need a new mattress. Lost of stuff was whizzing through my head too. I need to get some control with everything and focus more. I have decided I need to stop flitting from one way of dealing with things to another as its doesn't seem to be getting me anywhere.

I'm a big Dave Ramsey fan and always feel motivated after listening to him. I have decided to follow his plan to the letter, so my first thing is to save an emergency fund as quickly as I can while paying minimums. It's scary not having an emergency fund and at some point I will become unstuck. While I'm doing this I will continue with minimum payment. Once this is done I will move onto baby step two.

I have no real set plans for today apart from popping to the shops and paying in some money to the bank through the hole in the wall. I love honk the rest of the day is going to be pottering. I do seem to get lots done when I do this so hopefully it will be a good day. First thing to do is put the dry washing away and hang out the wet, keeping my fingers crossed. It's very dull and overcast here. The kitchen and bathroom then need a quick once over and steam the floors. I was going to buy a new mop but as I own a steamer it seems pointless.

Oh and I'm also aiming for another bin bag of stuff for either rubbish or charity shop, or possibly both. ;)

Have a good day all.

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,764 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I'm a big Dave Ramsey fan and always feel motivated after listening to him. I have decided to follow his plan to the letter, so my first thing is to save an emergency fund as quickly as I can while paying minimums. It's scary not having an emergency fund and at some point I will become unstuck. While I'm doing this I will continue with minimum payment. Once this is done I will move onto baby step two.
    Have a good day all.

I am also doing this Parsniphead. I have no emergency fund and I wonder if I did perhaps I would be less anxious about debt. Rather than pay an additional few hundred to debt I am going to start an emergency fund.

I also listen to Dave Ramsey. Do you like the debt free scream? I love it and when I debt free I will be doing a debt free scream so loud you will be able to open your window and hear me :)

Have a lovely Sunday and don't forget to give yourself a treat :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    I do have an emergency fund but am terrified by the thought of dipping into it. I really need to sort out my head!
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • parsniphead
    Options
    I am also doing this Parsniphead. I have no emergency fund and I wonder if I did perhaps I would be less anxious about debt. Rather than pay an additional few hundred to debt I am going to start an emergency fund.

I also listen to Dave Ramsey. Do you like the debt free scream? I love it and when I debt free I will be doing a debt free scream so loud you will be able to open your window and hear me :)

Have a lovely Sunday and don't forget to give yourself a treat :)
    I do have an emergency fund but am terrified by the thought of dipping into it. I really need to sort out my head!

Exactly my feelings DIA. I have been saying im going to do it for a while and i feel the time is now. I love the screams.I have this silly idea of going to nashville just to do one myself.:rotfl:

I can imagine that is must be worrying INOD but your emergency fund is :T:money::eek:. You are a star.

• parsniphead
    Options
    I've just popped on to make my plans for tomorrow. I have 1 1/2 hours between dropping DH off and going to work myself. I don't want to waste this time so decided to plan ahead.

Before I go off to work i will:

Make chilli wraps for dinner
    Put away any clean and dry washing
    Tidy the kitchen and bathroom
    Do a load of washing and hang to dry
    Vacuum downstairs

I have a strange week at work. The students have now finished and apart form Wednesday and Thursday im not sure what I'm meant to be doing. I may take my planning book and work on that if I find myself at a loose end. Cheeky I know but I cant just sit around.

Any back tomorrow.

P x

• UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Sounds like you have a good plan

Carpe Jugulum ;)
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,764 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Have good day tomorrow Parsniphead :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • mobo1980
    mobo1980 Posts: 368 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Parsniphead :)

I am going to catch up on your diary , really enjoying what I have read !

I am also a big fan of Dave Ramsey , his snowball method was how we originally got out of debt the first time to buy our house , used to love it when the time came to pay the final payment on each debt :o
    I need to get back into that , it just there isn't as much spare money now we have the mortgage .

I have subscribed

Mobo xx
    CC1-£1729.53
    CC2-£4323.00
    LOAN-£14,519.05
    TOTAL DEBT £20,571.58 :eek:
    Then there's the mortgage :o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing