The end of procrastination and disorganisation.......

Options

Comments

• doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,764 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Sounds like you are getting organised. I am inclined to get a separate account for my spends. Does yours have a card facility for withdrawing cash? Can you use it online to shop too?

I'm impressed with your gardening activities

Have a good day
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm sure it does doingitanyway but I'm still waiting for the confirmation that they are going to open an account. I have stated that I don't want overdraft so I can't see any problems. Its just one of there current accounts. Nothing exciting.

I have tried every way of getting my finances in order apart from this one. It may help with my disorganisation.;)

I really enjoy gardening and I believe it can really help stress and mental health....oh and the cost to the pocket rather than buying veg.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi Parsniphead

I have been catching up on your posts today. I really felt for you about the lack of understanding you experienced because of your son's condition. People can be really rotten. I heard a case of two old ladies recently telling a young Mum her happy children were too loud and should be seen and not heard. To which the mum replied, so should geriatrics :) loved it. And so wish I'd come up with a cracker like that under pressure :)

Im sorry you didn't get the job you wanted either. It sounds like you are going great guns on the cleaning and decluttering though. And, I don't think it's sad to be excited about putting money into your EF. That is brilliant at any point in a person's life.

Did you go to the doctors in the end result moods?

Bob
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Hi :hello:

Though I would repay the favour of reading you're diary you're doing amazing with the decluttering xx
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Thank you Bob. I wish I was quick enough to come up with smart lines too. Mind you I was too busy shouting at the stupid woman.

I didn't get to the doctors, they had no appointments for weeks. I need to take my registration form to the new doctors today. They are so much more organised and will get you in within 24 hrs.

To be honest I know what's wrong. I'm finding it so hard with DS's autism, but cope well during time off work. I work with autistic young people so I have no break from it at all. I need a job in a different sector so I can give son what he needs rather than being exhausted by the condition before I get home to him. My patience should be going to him.

Thanks for visiting Abba. I'm about 20 pages from the end of your diary. I feel like a right lazy c0w though. You never stop. :eek:

I wish the decluttering was going well. No matter how much I do it still looks full. I'm back on it this morning, as well as entertaining DS. I will beat this but it's going to take some time. Whatever happens I intend to make the next two weeks count.

I spent a lot of time in the garden this weekend. It's turned into a bit of a weedy jungle, but is starting to look better. Plus I got loads of veg in. I do still need to clear out the greenhouse and sheds though. I feel some trips to the tip coming on when DS goes back to school.

Off to steam the bathroom and get rid off any clutter (there is not too much in there). I will need to get bleach later.

Right enough waffle and more work. :)

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    On gardens you have my sympathy. We have lived in our house for 5 years. When we first moved in I was so excited by our large garden and tried to grow veggies like I did at our old house. Unfortunately the soil doesn't seem as good here and everything failed. Over time and often having no time at all at home at weekends the gardens have really gone to pot, front and back. Each year I run through a cycle of getting the weeds down in big epic sessions and then nothing else gets done and some how 6 months have passed. My OH will cut the lawn but he isn't motivated in the garden either.

But i am glad we have so much space. The kids like pottering about out there. In the summer it doubles our space at home.

I am sorry you are finding your job such a drain, I can totally see why. I think we only have so much in us to give in one direction and of course if your patience is being taken up by others you will have less at home. Unless you were a saint!
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • parsniphead
    Options
    I dont like 5am starts.:eek:

Big gardens can be lots of work but i do enjoy it. Im lucky to have soil which produces nice veg. I used to do the garden and allotment but gave up allotment when DS was smaller. I used to spend time just chasing him around and not doing anything. Its nice to have a big space for the kiddies though Bob. I bet they get loads of fun playing in it.

Im going to keep on with the jobs today. More needs to be sorted and all skirtings need a good wipe down. This house gets so dusty. I need rlto vacuum more but. its a job i dislike a lot. Give me ironing any day.

Later a trip to the park.

Time to get dressed.

• parsniphead
    Options
    I can feel I'm in a waffling mood.

I have just returned from dropping DH at the bus station and feel a little more awake now.

I struggled to sleep for some of last night due to restless leg syndrome. What a daft thing that is, but it drives me mad. Anyway it gave me some thinking time. I have been reading lots of diary's lately as I feel like I have come to a stop with debt repayments and need some motivation. Abbas was one I read, never having seen it before. Wow what a journey. If I was Abba my debt would be gone in 8 months at the rate she attacks them.:eek:

I realised that even though I give myself targets, they are a bit wishy washy. I don't focus enough on what needs to be achieved. Also I haven't focussed enough on the reason why. She wanted to buy a house and focussed on what was needed exactly. Sorry to use you as an example Abba but I'm just pondering things.

I have a goal at the moment of an emergency fund asap. Too wishy washy. So I have changed it to having £1000 as a baby emergency fund by the end of May. £500 this month and £500 next. How is this to be achieved? I'm not sure but I will look at that today.

This will give me a May and June pay packet to save to cover my lack of college salary over the summer. My neighbour said the other day about the easy life in education. Mmmm let's see how you would cope on 33 weeks wages per year.its just lounging in the garden drinking line coladas for me. Sorry, small rant, she annoyed me.

The reason why. I'm not sure how DS will be when he grows. He may end up a workforce drone like the rest of us or may need extra support. I don't know as yet, so I want to build some financial security for him IF he needs it. Once I'm debt free then its the mortgage which needs to go, savings for retirement and possibly a pension for DS.

OK I need to stop waffling and see how I can find my £1000.

Have a good day. P x

• abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Everyone has their own way of tackling their debt free plan and you'll find yours don't worry I'm just very impatient and when I want something gone or done I tend to not stop til I've done it lol hubby thinks I'm obsessed :rotfl: I think my issues come from my last marriage where ex hubby spent spent spent and didn't care, in fact yesterday I received a phone call from a debt collection company for him even though we've not been together for 8 years :mad: so he's still doing it and I'm so glad I'm not part of that anymore xx
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
  • parsniphead
    Options
    It was so lovely to read that you found happiness. I'm sad that youre ex's behavior is still coming back to you. I bet you sorted them out.

I have become very impatient with debt. Im goi g to do everything I can turn 50 debt and mortgage free.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure