The end of procrastination and disorganisation.......

Options

Comments

• in_need_of_direction
    Options
    It'd take a lottery win for me to achieve that so well done.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Me too probably except I don't do it.;)
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • parsniphead
    Options
    I maxe some headway yesterday in my work room. I have some stuff to do and its needs sorting.

DS has this "thing" at the moment where he has to be first and has to do ALL thr jobs. He had a meltdown because i got to the bathroom before him when i needed the loo. Also every job i do, even down to taking my purse from my bag can start him off. It makes life very difficult when you have to stop and think about every action you take. Its a new thing and i hope it passes very quickly. Its driving me mad.

Im not sure what to do today. I think I will have to go with the flow. Perhaps i will think straighter at a more reasonable hour.

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
  • ShatelBurkinson
    Options
    Taking control means so much.

I finally started working on my official budget and have been committing to this every month since January.

Cheers to everyone else that is pulling through for 2017!
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Thanks Shatel.

Being in control of your budget is the best start. Good luck with your journey.:T

• parsniphead
    Options
    A funny old day today. I've not really done anything apart from feeling quite irritated.

Its been sunny here today but also cold, and tonight its raining. Its feeling almost autumnal. It did get me thinking about last winter as i had built up gas and electric credit which saw me through the winter with my normal top ups. I think its the first winter the house has been warm...ish. Although i will be short moneywise through the summer im going to to it again as it took a weight off my shoulders.

I have also spotted a job i would like to apply for. It would be a 10 minute walk from home, £5-6 k more per year and term time. If I dont try I'll never know. Also if i got it and continued on my current budget I would be consumer debt free by christmas. That would be amazing to thinl i could achieve that.

I'm going to remotivate myself tomorrow and paint the hall so i can get the floorboards done. It would be one area completed and i would be happier with people coming to my house. I really enjoy decorating and have asked DS tk help me. :eek::)

Off the look at job description now. Fingers crossed. :)

• Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Fingers crossed for the job.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Have fun decorating and good luck with the application of the job sounds ideal xx
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Thanks Bob and Abba. Fingers crossed. I do believe the right thing will turn up when needed.

I had a bit of a broken night. I was late going to bed as I was feeling sick. I must have eaten something dodgy. Then when I was fast asleep some pillock rang me twice....at midnight....I have to get up at 5am. I should have rang the swine back then.:doh: It took ages for my heart to stop racing. Then 3am the sickness returned. I'm feeling better this morning but a bit tired.

Never mind its shopping this morning, the some decorating. I'm determined to get this house sorted but not by spending a fortune ( not mentioning new windows and kitchen needed).

My second current account should be up and running today so later I want to spend some time working out my exact CD's so other spending can be transfered into the new account. I'm a very visual learner so hope that this will help with budgetting.

Right time to get small person dressed and get work done. I'm very distracted by MSE at the moment.

Have a good day all.

• parsniphead
    edited 14 April 2017 at 7:05AM
    Options
    Morning diary

I forgot to reset my alarm and it went off at 5am. My first chance of a lie in an I mess it up. Never mind bins are out and washing is in so far.

One of my aims when I'm consumer debt free is to attack the mortgage. Its not a debt I worry about too much because if I didn't have a mortgage I would have rent, so payments whatever. It would be nice though to have it gone.

Whether people think its right or not, and I know posters on the site fall into one camp or another quite strongly, the consumer debt is mine. This is from long before I met DH so nothing to do with him. I pay it all.

The mortgage was all mine until he moved in. That's split in two.:) we currently have a balance of £37500 ( not including interest) on the mortgage, which in the grand scheme of things is not a huge amount. When I first joined MSE under another name I had £30000 plus of consumer debt and a £66000 mortgage.:eek::eek::eek: and I was single.

£18750 (plus interest) is my half of the mortgage.:j. Not a massive amount and looking back at where I was years back its nothing really.

But before I can hit this the consumer debt needs to be gone. Also by the time it is gone the above figure will be lower.:T

I haven't had an overdraught for about 4 years but the past few months have been difficult so I had to apply for £150 which has been used. Yesterday I looked at my account and if I can completely reign in spending for the remainder of the month it will be gone again.:T I want this gone, I don't like it being there as it makes me feel like I'm sliding backwards. I've been a little obsessed with this site for the past month and I think its helped focus my mind more. I have money on my mind constantly.

I also got more info about my new second current account yesterday. I'm so excited at the prospect of using my money differently. I think its really going to help. If only it wasn't a bank holiday weekend. It will take forever for the card and bits to come.

One naughty thing I did was buy a lovely new purse. Mum gave me some money the other day to spend on me and I had spent it on debt. I felt bad later so have changed my mind and decided to treat myself for once. So I may get some new foundation too. I also still have a voucher for a local beautician from mothers day before last. I'm going to see her for a manicure.

One last win was I got a nice, nearly new duvet cover and pillow cases from mum, and it matches my room. She said it keeps sliding off her bed and its driving her mad so gave it to me. I think she wriggles too much.

Today the debt free quest continues. More gardening, some sewing and more pondering. Oh and I will probably return later waffling.

Have a good day.

P x

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure