The end of procrastination and disorganisation.......

Options

Comments

• parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I typed the bit in bold last night and fell asleep before pressing send.

Thank you fortune smiles. Unfortunately I had a letter this morning saying I hadn't been shortlisted for interview. The last 18 months has been one rejection after another and it's really starting to affect my confidence to be honest.

Then later DS went into full meltdown in the local town. This was not helped by some stupid idiot of a woman making nasty comments. She got a full on Black Country b0ll0cking (excuse the language). Some people...........mind you I suppose it's so selfish of DS to have a disability, he really should think of others. I am being sarcastic there.

On a positive note I have £70 towards my £500 baby emergency fund. I'm going for this amount as my salary is very low and its following D@ve R@mseys guidelines. I shouldn't really be excited at 46yo about £70 savings but it just means I have started my journey properly. I'm focussing on this step fully until it's done before moving onto baby step 2. Oh and I also have £50 coming in shortly so that will bump up to £120.:jI need to focus now on selling some stuff to get the rest needed.

This bit is from this morning.:)

I'm feeling slightly more positive this morning. I have decided once my change of Doctor goes through I'm going to go to see him about my moods. They are getting a little out of control. I'm not sure if it's depression or I'm going through menopause. Whatever I can't go on as I am at the moment.

I'm being proactive this morning and have rescued three very sad looking leeks from the bottom of the fridge and currently have a pan of leek, potato and chicken soup on the hob. There was loads of chicken left and I'm not prepared to waste anything again.

I have a load of washing on the line and the last of the washing in the machine. If we have the promised nice day I should be able to get it line dried and put away.

I would like a little time in the garden to get some bits planted up so I can feed us a little more cheaply this year. I have had some smashing crops in the past and know the soil produces some good stuff.

Finally I'm feeling pleased that DS struggled to get off last night because it stopped me from heading up the Chinese. I won't go after a certain time as it's by a quite rowdy pub and I don't feel particularly safe there. The bonus is that the lovely £70 is intact in my draw ready to go to the credit union tomorrow. :j

Today I will have a nicer day, especially if it's sunny and warmer.

Have a nice day everyone.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Hey you,while the context of your post may not apply, a lot of it could have been written by me. Another difference is that I have just turned 49 so in reality, you have more time than I to turn things around. Like you I woke up a bit more positive this morning and the laundry is now on the line drying. We def can do this. Hang in there and, to quote someone incredibly wise, keep plodding.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Thanks INOD. Hurray to line dried laundry :j:T. I have such an exciting life.;)

I have realised today that I will be finishing work for the academic year on 23rd of June which is a month before DS breaks up. Many, many opportunities there. Not only time alone to do some self employed work but time to do work on my house without the "help" of a six year old.:eek: which means I HAVE to get the decluttering sorted out so I can focus on decorating, etc. How much can I do between now and Thursday when I finish for Easter. Then two weeks over Easter to do as much as possible while entertaining DS.

I may resurrect my old abandoned blog to document what I have been up to. Nobody ever looked but it was interesting to look back on

I will have a nice house by christmas.......well apart from new windows which need to be saved for.:eek::eek::eek:

Talking of money it's been a NSD :j:j:j.

Off to fill one bag of clutter/junk at least before bed.

Night all.

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Woke up to a very spotty child this morning. Arrrgh chickenpox, why couldn't you have waited three days. So an unexpected day off. At this rate I can't see my contract being renewed in September.

Anyway I plan to use the time wisely when not entertaining the small person. This means decluttering, cleaning, decluttering, cleaning.....and on and on.

And so to it.:)

• parsniphead
    Options
    Well i have been decluttering this morning and what a load of carp cluttering up thos house, and i have barely scratched the surface. Some more focus needed this afternoon after i have put away the washing.

I also need to complete some paperwork for work and update my budget on Everydollar. This month i will stick to it.

Time to finish lunch then another round of the house with bin bags in hand. The local charity shop and tip are going to do well i think.

Im going to leave spottys room until i break up though.:eek::eek::eek:. That said i may attempt his draws and wardrobe again.

• parsniphead
    Options
    It felt really calming this morning walking into the kitchen and seeing the bits of clutter gone. Much more relaxing. I can't imagine how it will feel when the whole house is done. I did throw out a few more bits yesterday afternoon which helped but there is so much more to do.

When it's finally complete I can seriously start thinking about decorating.

One issue I do have is DS thinks every job belongs to him at the moment so I have to do things sneakily. It sounds silly and it's lovely for him to help but I can't stand around with my hands in my pocket waiting for him to do stuff. He gets upset if I do stuff though, hence the sneaking around.

Moneywise has been ok. I have had two NSD's now which is unlike me. Plus I have saved £2 parking from yesterday as I wasnt at work and 45p in the tuck shop for sons drink.

I'm going to try to pop to the credit union today to deposit the money I have been saving in my draw. I don't want it to be frittered away on stupidity. It will be nice to start seeing this account become a baby emergency fund.

Anyway DS is waking up. Cue the tears because he is missing the school trip to the zoo. Bad chickenpox.

• parsniphead
    Options
    Day one of the easter holidays. I have plans which should make a difference in the house and garden. I need to keep motivated and this must be done. First get dressed and sort the bedroom.

I think there will be many updates to keep me going.

Get dressed
    Tidy bedroom and make bed
    Collect any washing and put on first load
    Take Dh to work, come back and carry on.

No slacking

• Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Your plans for the Easter holidays sound fab but then I am sad and like tidying and decluttering!!

I am on the Ninja Saving Turtle thread and this month I am the challenge leader, one of my rules this month is to declutter 1 item a day or more if you want. It's really spurred me on again as I had not got rid of much recently.

There was a jumble sale in the next village so had a clear out of some kitchen stuff - plates, cups, bowls etc and donated loads so that has freed up space plus actually taken some bags of stuff to charity so gradually things are reducing but the house still feels cluttered.

I need to tidy the bedroom as well but am on strike as DH has his clothes all over the floor instead of in the linen basket for washing which is a metre away - :mad:
    We have the boiler being serviced next week and they check all radiators as well so DH needs to get his butt into gear and get his clothes in the washing basket (if it's not in the basket it doesn't get washed, yesterday he was on his last pair of pants but then I did a wash load and he had actually put a few pairs in so at least he is not going commando!!)

Hope you manage to get loads done today - remember to keep hydrated while you are busy working.
  • parsniphead
    Options
    I love the on strike thing Eager Elephant. My DH hangs his clothes on the end of the bed rather than putting anything away. It drives me mad.

I'm the same with decluttering. No matter how much I get rid of it still looks cluttered. Its so frustrating.

I rarely see any old fashioned jumble sales around now, actually I don't think I've seen one in years. Its sad really, it reminds me of my childhood.

I love the NST thread but lurk. I tried it once or twice a long time ago but failed miserably. I'm always in awe of what folks achieve.

I have stopped decluttering for 10 minutes to eat breakfast and have a cup of tea.:)

• parsniphead
    Options
    Its been a good start to the easter holidays. I have continued with the decluttering, planted some stuff in the garden and have applied for a second bank account. I have decided that I need to leave bill money in the main account and other money in the new account. Also I will be able to pay in change collected via a machine.

I have also been gorging on diary's. I need to limit this or I will spend two weeks reading.

Today I'm going to spend a few hours in the garden and clear out the greenhouse, do some weeding and plant some more veg. I definitely need to take advantage of the weather.

Oh and some more house stuff.

Have a good day all.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure