From Debit to Credit

Options

Comments

• MuffinTops
    MuffinTops Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    I can hear the momentum building up in your posts tori.k. All sounding very inspirational.

A big cheer for the car issue being minimal too.

I agree with Doris that some people put on a good front about having their lives together. When I was seriously in debt I just couldn't fathom how others breezed through, but I've since found out that most of them were living in arrears. However, they all pushed me to want the comfortable lives I thought they had so they did me a huge service!

I will subscribe and follow your journey.

Oh, and now I want banana cake. Your comment "knock up a banana cake" makes it all sound so much easier than I find baking to be :D
  • tori.k
    tori.k Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    Options
    Many thanks Muffin Tops

Don't know about inspirational, I think it safe to say Dods & I are about as average a family can get, we've always been blessed with quite a simple life we've travelled a fair bit over the years where a lot of our income disappeared too,
    Like yourself I follow a fairly minimalistic lifestyle mostly due to my dislike of housework and lack of storage space. :D

So physical stuff wasn't hard to remove from the budget, travel will be back on the cards but now we are no longer self_employed the spontaneity isn't possible so that will keep that curbed.

It didn't take a lot to bring our house of cards down, we ran a very small business for 15 years nothing huge but enough to keep us and the tax man happy, business took a downside these things happen and sometimes you can ride it out this time we couldn't. Maybe foolishly business debts became personal.

As for baking that pure necessity due finding ways to replace sugar in Doddys diet, his bloods don't seem to mind whole fruit sugar do have to limit bananas.

Pensaver done

Last naff shift of the week 12 to 8 then followed by a naffer nightshift Sun til Tues.
    Tax rebated already in and off Dods HSBC. trucking along nicely :)
  • tori.k
    Options
    Pennysaver done

Early start with a 10hr night shift tonight, so hoping that I can get an afternoon snooze in. Sunday is a decadent start with French pressed coffee and a croissant for breakfast, proper coffee was one thing I wasn't willing cross off the weekly shop there is limits :D

Shopping tallied up for the week
    6th/12th £35.52 was hoping for a lot less this week, can see where I've gone wrong there is £11.61 just in cheese :o guess it will be a savoury cream tea for lunch
  • MuffinTops
    MuffinTops Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    What a perfect start to your Sunday. Do you get your proper coffee delivered? I used to use an online company and loved their offers and tastes.

Hopefully your spate of rubbish shifts will go by quickly.

Happy Sunday.
  • tori.k
    Options
    Im lucky enough to be able to pinch out of a order to Square Mile from a local independant coffee shop so brings the cost down a little. it's my personal weekend treat it was either that or Gin :rotfl:
  • tori.k
    Options
    Pennysaver done
    First night shift over 2 to go, starting to feel it now as i've done 52hrs this week so looking forward to a day off on Wednesday. Also looks like I might be trading stores I will if I can get an earlier shift pattern as it will be easier for me to pick up overtime and we are early risers anyway, I don't have a huge commute but trading stores would also see me save 40 miles a week in fuel.

Should see some movement on the debts in the next few days as the minimum payment is due to go out for the barclays and the loan I still have 11 days until pay day and im becoming a bit of an impatient harry to see some progress.

Was also hoping for a spend free day but the car was running on fumes so had to fill her up on the way home also been a bit sneaky as I haven't changed the bedding this weekend as usual, I love a cool freshly made bed so will change it in bit as I get it all to myself :happyhear
  • tori.k
    Options
    Pennysaver done

Minimum payment and a little extra gone out on the Barclay card with luck I should be able to bring that down to 1K by the end of the month.

Dods and I had our first ever argument about money, we have argued about pretty much everything else over our years together but oddly never money. worse it all my fault :o I say we argued but it was pretty much one sided and nonsensical on my part which makes it a 100 times worse as I have to eat all the humble pie. No excuse I was just tired and frustrated.

I now have 2 days off as tonight's overtime has been revoked as I've gone over the company's maximum hours, head office monitors our hours for breaching working time directive, my next overtime shift is in the next working week so im fine with that one.
  • tori.k
    Options
    Pennysaver done.

Today will see me running round like a headless chicken as im out of everything from toilet rolls to apples and can't put off shopping any longer.

Peace offering to Dods was pizza, not unexpectedly his reply we can schedule a barny every week if junk food is on offer, daft old sod.

Another house guest on the cards with one of my sisters for an overnighter, she only lives in Somerset but shamefully it's been a year since I last saw her I need to keep in better contact with my siblings. I have an awful work/life balance at the moment and determined to correct this.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Haha a barny for a pizza :-o

Love it!

It will be nice to spend time with your sister, I am the same sometimes. Really bad at keeping in regular contact with friends/family.

Dxxx
  • tori.k
    Options
    Think like most I could do with a 72hr day Dolly. This year seems to be racing by.

Pennysaver done the bank must think I've gone off my trolley with all these small amounts of money being transferred between accounts each day.

Loan payment gone out other than making sure the payment is ready each month it's a hill to climb another day.

Broke the budget shopping yesterday £73.13 but some of that can be clawed back over the weeks as it is regular stuff we use that was on offer.

Back on shift from today least the spending is curbed :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure