Large single Parent Family getting Debt free

Options

Comments

• juliejim
    juliejim Posts: 7,943 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm not surprised you're shattered!

Put your feet up once the kids are in bed before you wear yourself out!

Jue
    NST #10 Steps 7K 2/30 10K 2/12 5 a day 3/30 NSD 0/20
    MBNA £5500
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 26 July 2016 at 12:16PM
    Options
    (Text removed by MSE Forum Team)

Anyway, how are you, Kim and what's the what?
  • Smodlet
    Options
    Hey, Smallholdingsister. Thank you for the reassurance as well. Really.
  • kimplus8
    kimplus8 Posts: 968 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    :pbetter do something money related-ahem!:p:p
    Today my mum was visiting so me and eldest DD walked to the local shops, we have a sainsbos, mrT and cooperate all next to each other so we raided the OOPs isle in each shop:D:D
    For£22 we got several tins, 2 loaves of in date bread as none on oops isle, a packet of backn, 2 packs of chicken kievs, a bag of crisp, 2 boxes of cereal, a pack of porridge, 6pts of milk, a block of cheese, hotdog frankfurters, ham slices, bag of apples, bag of pears, bunch of 7 bananas, bag of pasta, a bar of chocolate (sainsbo basics) 2 muller lights and some washing up liquid!
    I saved around £20- bargain:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T
    feeling smug now as I tuck into my lush kiev for dinner.:)
    Saving for a house in 2025 LISA £7726/£15000 Emergency Fund £1000/£6000 No spend Year 2023
  • Smodlet
    Options
    Ilona, take a back seat and gasp in awe.

P.S. Please, what is OOPS? (Ducks)
  • milasavesmoney
    milasavesmoney Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 24 July 2016 at 7:14PM
    Options
    Smodlet wrote: »
    Well, just don't put any in your red velvet cake... sorry, Mila, I lurked.

And it was such a gorgeous cake! Kim, I put bleach instead of vinegar in my cake. :eek: Totally inedible!! And it was a birthday cake!

I don't think the poster was trying to be as rude as it sounded. She is usually very nice in all her posts and perhaps she was trying to get things back on the debt busting diary tract. Unfortunately for her we are having too much fun talking baby, gators, exes, children etc. Most long time diarists talk about what ever is going on in their lives just like on here. Just take a look at Bizzle, Caz, Pippy, Cheery etc. I'm not sure why she took exception to this diary. Makes no sense to me.

Fantastic shopping very :money: Hurray for Mom who looked after the brood while you shopped. Are you going to do some batch cooking for when you first have baby? Or is Mom going to help with meals?
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • Smodlet
    edited 24 July 2016 at 8:28PM
    Options
    I have this dim (operative word) recollection of putting vinegar in cakes, and even pastry??? Why? It must be some acid thing, right? Believe it or not, I have actually made both of these things, and bread, in my time... the only one I can really see the sense of is bread, even though it is much cheaper to buy. Why was I baking? Must have been an alternative universe. Unless it is stews/casseroles, cooking and Smodlet? Unmixy things. OH loves my "casseroled" pork chops - strange but yummy. One day, I will tell you the tale of when I spat the dummy over rhubarb crumble; it was funny.

If, Kim, you give permission, overtly or tacitly, to discuss stuff on your thread, then I see no reason for anyone to object. They can read the whole thread (I do it all the time) and decide whether it is somewhere they want to be. We all can make mistakes: Smodlet guilty of sticking oar where irrelevant, sometimes with hilarious results, so it was worth it; also been spanked, so it was not... innit?
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    KxMx wrote: »
    You're fine smodelt I saw it too :)

Yes and it was thanked too, by contributors to this thread

Couldn't have been that bad

In fact I said, whilst I'm enjoying reading the love fest happening here, is it really a debt free diary?

Was that really so rude?
  • kimplus8
    Options
    Smodlet wrote: »
    Ilona, take a back seat and gasp in awe.

P.S. Please, what is OOPS? (Ducks)
    OOPS is that section of the supermarket where they reduces everything that is not perfect,
    eg
    -almost out of date
    -packaging damaged
    -new packaging so selling off all the old ones
    -no longer stocking that line so selling off cheap

its the first place I go when I go shopping, I often get meat heavily reduced and just stick it in the freezer and then meal plan around it. :-)
    Saving for a house in 2025 LISA £7726/£15000 Emergency Fund £1000/£6000 No spend Year 2023
  • kimplus8
    Options
    WOW- well suki- I am in-fact paying off my debt, as several of my posts state I'm still tentatively considering a DRO or Bankruptcy but I am not ruling out just grafting it off, thanks for your helpful insight though.
    My posts have lots of cost cutting info, such as
    1.meal planning,
    2. reducing household bills,
    3. how I am juggling paying for things the children NEED (they need school uniform and I will not leave them without something on their birthdays and Christmas) and how I am shopping around and finding cheaper options now that I have had a LBM.
    4. selling on ebay/facebook and using the kon mari method
    5. How I have applied via CMS for child support (you say you have read my threads but clearly you haven't or you would have seen this)
    6. I am on maternity leave as I am weeks from my due date but I will be sure to let you know personally and on here when I return to work and how I will be increasing my hours to earn more and claim less.

Sometimes if you don't agree with something, its better to just move on rather than cause conflict and upset those inviolved, if you don't like my diary then why bother to read it and comment, you obviously cant help but read it and trawl through my other threads else you wouldn't have such an informed opinion.
    YOU don't know me at all, you are a faceless name behind a keyboard, as am I.
    maybe you should think about the fact that I am a person with feelings when you post, as are the other people that you shoot down on this forum with your acid tongue comments.
    So my whole Diary is not about being Debt free, so what?? if it offends you that much then don't even look.
    Good day. :0
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure