Economy Energy reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• trinidadone
    trinidadone Posts: 3,337 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have finally left this dreadful company. I called them today to enquire of my final bill. It took them 35 minutes to answer the call, I am told it will take six weeks to have my final bill. I provided the company the same readings i gave my new company.

Great service Economy Energy, keep the good work up!!
    Trinidad - The hottest place to go
  • System
    System Posts: 178,095 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have finally left this dreadful company. I called them today to enquire of my final bill. It took them 35 minutes to answer the call, I am told it will take six weeks to have my final bill. I provided the company the same readings i gave my new company.

Great service Economy Energy, keep the good work up!!

It doesn’t work like that I am afraid. The gaining supplier has the responsibility for managing a transfer of supply. Part of the transfer process is that the meter readings that you provided have to be verified for accuracy by the Data Collectors. Once verified, the readings are passed back to the two suppliers to open and close your accounts. Under EU Law, and Supply Licence obligations, the losing supplier has to use its reasonable efforts to issue you with a Final Bill no later than 6 weeks after the transfer of supply. That said, most suppliers will issue a Final Bill once that have received verified meter readings. Any readings that you provide to the losing supplier on transfer will just be ignored.
  • trinidadone
    Options
    Hengus wrote: »
    It doesn!!!8217;t work like that I am afraid. The gaining supplier has the responsibility for managing a transfer of supply. Part of the transfer process is that the meter readings that you provided have to be verified for accuracy by the Data Collectors. Once verified, the readings are passed back to the two suppliers to open and close your accounts. Under EU Law, and Supply Licence obligations, the losing supplier has to use its reasonable efforts to issue you with a Final Bill no later than 6 weeks after the transfer of supply. That said, most suppliers will issue a Final Bill once that have received verified meter readings. Any readings that you provide to the losing supplier on transfer will just be ignored.

I was asked to supply the meter readings to my old supplier, which i provided using the meter readings i gave to my new supplier my new supplier, so if they are ignored, there is no meter readings for the old company to refer to
  • sylviaszeliga
    sylviaszeliga Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    That is strange Hengus as previously upon switching supplier the process has been done and dusted in 4 weeks. I give monthly readings to Economy E and these have been verified by a 'meter reading person' on two occasions in last 1.5 years. So there should be no problem in issuing an updated account. For me, they have refused to do this and just stated they are going to take a large sum of money from my direct debit arrangement. This is after a year of error after error after error and Ombudsmen fining them £75 to get the statement of account correct.
    As Trinidadone describes the usual practice is for new supplier to get a reading which the old uses if it is in line with previous units used....
  • trinidadone
    Options
    I have received my final bill from economy energy, it looks like i am in credit. I have been waiting for 31 minutes to get the refund back, and i am still on hold on the phone. MMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • System
    System Posts: 178,095 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I was asked to supply the meter readings to my old supplier, which i provided using the meter readings i gave to my new supplier my new supplier, so if they are ignored, there is no meter readings for the old company to refer to

This blog describes how the opening/closing readings verification works:

https://octopus.energy/blog/secret-life-opening-meter-reading/
  • trinidadone
    Options
    Hengus wrote: »
    This blog describes how the opening/closing readings verification works:

https://octopus.energy/blog/secret-life-opening-meter-reading/

thanks,i received a electricity bill today, my last bill i assume. i waited 56 minutes for my call to be answered today, it clipped off, so i will have to ring this dreadful company again
  • sylviaszeliga
    sylviaszeliga Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 3 June 2018 at 1:12PM
    Options
    Hi
    I am trying to depart from this awful company at moment so know what you have to endure. I have to take them back to the Ombudsman as despite they having been fined in January they are still trying to make me pay bills that have the same errors/problems that were suppose to have been solved 4 months ago.
  • trinidadone
    Options
    Hi
    I am trying to depart from this awful company at moment so know what you have to endure. I have to take them back to Ombudsman as despite
    they having been fined in January they are still trying to make me pay bills that have the same errors/problems that were suppose to have been solved 4months ago.

Morning, keep us updated with this please?

Yes, i dont think they care much about their customers at all. I waited just under an hour for them to pick up the phone yesterday, no one did and the line was cut off. It means i have to attempt to call them back again tomorrow :(
  • Sterlingtimes
    Sterlingtimes Posts: 2,403 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 3 June 2018 at 1:00PM
    Options
    I may live to regret my switch via MSE, but the saving in moving is Economy is huge.

My calculation:

180603_economy.gif

I shall just need to be careful with the paperwork and ensure that meter readings are communicated.
    I have osteoarthritis in my hands so I speak my messages into a microphone using Dragon. Some people make "typos" but I often make "speakos".
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure