🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

BREXIT - Why?

Options

Comments

• doe808
    doe808 Posts: 452 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Anyway continuing on, in my opinion, one side is lying through their teeth.

How do I know, well the choice is so opposite, they can't both be telling the truth.

I would like to see a debate with all participants wired up to lie detectors.

Now THAT would be interesting!

Cheers fj

Cheers-this thread has been great entertainment. :beer:
    Total - £340.00

wins : £7.50 Virgin Vouchers, Nikon Coolpixs S550 x 2, I-Tunes Vouchers, £5 Esprit Voucher, Big Snap 2 (x2), Alaska Seafood book
  • uk1
    uk1 Posts: 1,839 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    doe808 wrote: »

Unless there is a monumental swing, we are staying in.Might as well concentrate on other stuff...

No, whilst it would be nice to have a monumental swing, it doesn't actually need one. It just needs a very low turnout ..... say less than 50% and it then becomes increasingly likely that it will be an exit. That is because exiters are more attatched to exit and tend to feel more strongly about it than many of the remainers and are therefore inclined to vote imho than remainers. Also exiters are tending to be older and they tend to vote much more than younger people who seem more inclined towards the remain side. Those that are current undecideds are also less likely to vote on a low turnout. For some reason I managed to get the Scottish question to 0.1% but that was a lucky guess I reckon. What I am saying is that things aren't as the polls currently point imho. ;)

Exiters must therfore hope for a decent night on TV and a lot of rain and that might decide it in the exit favour.

:)

Jeff
  • veryintrigued
    veryintrigued Posts: 3,843 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The bookmakers in general did very well out of the last general election (despite what some papers reported). The majority called it much better than the pollsters. Certainly I cant recall the election being mentioned in any of the annual reports of the biggest bookmakers, as attributable to any losses.

Can I suggest you use a search engine?
  • melbury
    melbury Posts: 13,251 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Because it makes sense?
    Stopped smoking 27/12/2007, but could start again at any time :eek:

• bigfreddiel
    bigfreddiel Posts: 4,263 Forumite
    Options
    If you want to get on the housing ladder you must vote leave, it was announced today that house prices will fall when we leave the EU.

Cheers fj
  • uk1
    uk1 Posts: 1,839 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If you want to get on the housing ladder you must vote leave, it was announced today that house prices will fall when we leave the EU.

Cheers fj

Except in Cornwall.

;)
  • savings_my_hobby
    Options
    The bookies say you are wrong.

They dont often get this stuff wrong

Leicester 5000/1
    Earn, Save and Achieve
  • savings_my_hobby
    Options
    Thrugelmir wrote: »
    The UK is not competitive and productivity isn't increasing. All too easy and comfortable possibly. Rather than work hard, borrow instead and buy imported goods.

Here lies an inherent problem with society. It really is the age of generation now.

I know very little about national producivity but I hear the way to improve it is for businesses to invest in new technology (at the expense of jobs).

I'm no Luddite, but lost jobs at a time of high immigration is not ideal.
    Earn, Save and Achieve
  • mrginge
    mrginge Posts: 4,843 Forumite
    Options

Cheers fj

No it wasn't
  • veryintrigued
    veryintrigued Posts: 3,843 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 19 May 2016 at 9:13PM
    Options
    So after Paxman any clearer?

Insightful or lightweight?

I certainly didn't know the Strasbourg nonsense.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport