My Mega Light Bulb Moment

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• LightBulbMoment
    Options
    Hi Everybody

I cannot believe it is another lovely day again today.

Well, I am still working so hard but all the jobs I have will all be finished early next week so it will leave me some time to start doing ebay and music magpie.

Kept up to date with my shopping bill. But next week I am going to have a really good go at using stuff in the freezer and cupboards because they really are so full. So that needs to be sorted out.

Petrol still on budget which is great.

Also my DS has paid all the money back that was outstanding which is great. I never thought that I would say that but after he was paid last month he paid the outstanding amount into my bank account. So Happy Days!

louby40 - Thank you so much for dropping by again. Next week I am going to have a look at Music Magpie as we have three cupboards full of DVD's that nobody looks at. I think I am going to start sorting through them as we need the space in the house. So thank you for the help with it.

Any way must dash as I have so much to do today.

Take care

LBM
  • System
    System Posts: 178,096 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hey LBM -just waving hello. Sounds like things are still going great and good on your DS!
    My only recommendation with anything like music magpie is they offer you more than a tiny amount, do some checking on other sites like amazon and ebay as it may be worth even more if sold on those sites. That's how I discovered a book which I sold for £100 - one of those sites offered me £2.50 for it - but that was so different to the 1p that they offered me for something else, that I hunted around and was very glad I did!!
  • LightBulbMoment
    LightBulbMoment Posts: 103 Forumite
    edited 18 August 2016 at 11:12AM
    Options
    Hi Ramblehan,

Thank you for dropping by. I still cannot believe you sold an old book for £100. I always do my research before selling anything, I really think you need to do this before selling anything. But thanks for looking out for me.

This morning I have sorted through a couple of bags in the garage they were full of clothes. I have taken out some stuff for to list on ebay, put some stuff in a bag for the next car boot sale and I have three full black bin bags of clothes. I am going to visit a client this morning so I am going to drive pass one of those cash for clothes places. I am going to brave taking the three bags as the clothes are not worth anything. I am a little scared as I have never been to one of those before. I know I wont get much but anything is better than nothing and the garage is three full bin bags lighter as well!

Any way have a nice day everybody.

LBM

Quick Update: I took the three bags of junk clothes to the cash for clothes place and I got £13.50 for them. I am ok with that as they were mostly junk that I could not sell on ebay or a car boot sale so £13.50 for them was better than nothing.
  • System
    Options
    £13.50 - that's great!
  • louby40
    louby40 Posts: 1,519 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I did it last year and got about £8! I didn't realise there were rules and they didn't accept school uniform. But it was £8! A bottle of wine and some nibbles.
  • LightBulbMoment
    Options
    Hi Everybody

What a difference a day makes the weather is just horrible. But it is not going to put me off getting all my stuff sorted today.

Aims for today:

Finish this job I am two thirds of the way through.
    Take some cheques to the bank.
    Make a meal plan for next week.
    Food shopping which is going to be a small shop as I really need to use some of the stuff out of the freezer.
    Sort out a lot of stuff to list on ebay.
    Tidy my bedroom.

I dont need petrol this week as I have over half a tank as I have not used the car that much over the past week. I have tried to walk or if somebody else has been going in the same direction jump in with them. So that is £20 saved this week. :j

Also, I forgot to say yesterday as I was in a rush when I took the old junk clothes to the cash for clothes place I had to park quite a way down the road. I got out the car and started to unload the three bags from the back seat off the car. When I looked down to pick up the bags on the floor was a bundle of notes by the back door of the car. I picked them up and put them into my pocket. When I got home I had a look and guess what there was £50 :beer:! Back of the net.

So I am not withdrawing any money out of the bank as I do not need petrol and was only going to do a small shop this week so between the £50 and the £13,50 from the clothes that will do me this week as I have not got anything planned apart from the gym which I have paid my membership.

Oh also I decided to cancel my DD gym membership which is £15 a month as she now has a boyfriend and the gym has took a back seat. So another £15 saved each month as I am not paying for it if it is not getting used.

Hi Ramble, thanks for dropping by I am going to go and catch up with your diary on my coffee break to see what you have been getting up to.

Hi Louby thanks for dropping by. What are you like! To be honest I hated going to that cash for clothes place as they looked at each piece of clothing and decided if they would accept it or not. I just thought it was horrible considering the amount of money they give you for the clothes. But, I would have taken them to the charity shop and received nothing so I should not moan.

Take care everybody

LBM
  • louby40
    louby40 Posts: 1,519 Forumite
    Options
    LBM

It made me feel quite uncomfortable to be honest taking my clothes to the clothes place. The woman was Polish I think and she stood talking to another woman (in Polish) with a cigarette in her mouth as she sorted through my clothes. It wasn't a nice experience.

Lucky you finding £50! Spend it wisely
  • System
    Options
    Hey LBM. How are you doing?
    X Ramble
  • try_harder
    try_harder Posts: 1,527 Forumite
    Options
    Hi lbm ,i can see you havent been around for a while ,me neither ,i havent posted since August ,i had forgotten my password and could not get the new passwords to enfer correctly but im back now.I hope alls ok with you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure