My Mega Light Bulb Moment

Options

Comments

• LightBulbMoment
    Options
    Hi Everybody,

Well it is Friday again, I cannot believe were the weeks are going. I am going to go shopping again today as I am finding shopping on a Friday is great. I think today before I go I am going to go and have a really good look in the cupboards and try and start to use some of the stuff that has been hanging around for a while. I have an extra hour free this afternoon so I am going to go into Asda, Tesco and the poundshop and split my shopping up so that I get the best prices. All the shops are really close together so it is not a problem.

Also going to put my £20 in petrol in the car. I have managed again on this as I have planned my journeys out again this week. So another fiver saved. It all adds up!

Over the weekend I am going to try and list on ebay the rest of the stuff in the garage so at least one area of the house is sorted. I would love to go to the car boot sale this weekend but it says it is going to rain again on Sunday:( so will have to just wait and see what happens with the weather.

Anyway must dash as lots of bargains to go and buy!

LBM
  • try_harder
    try_harder Posts: 1,527 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning lbm,glad to see all is going to plan ,i enjoy strtching my food budget too ,at the moment i am trying a different tactic and dividing my weekly food bill by 7 days then i go to several shops all on my route to either post office or my hermes shop and buy all the reductions.I normally find with what ever i buy and what i already have in my fridge and freezer that it works very well and i only take what i am going to spend. Ihave cut my food bill from £150 a week to £45 so £6.50 a day.Aldis have jersey royals at 39 pence and melons and grapes i think they were 39 pence too .
  • LightBulbMoment
    LightBulbMoment Posts: 103 Forumite
    edited 27 June 2016 at 9:43PM
    Options
    Hi Try Harder

That is amazing getting your food bill down like you have done. I must say I have reduced ours from about £130 to about £70 a week. It all comes down to being organised. I am sticking to our food plan which I have found to be really helpful.

I have not listed anything on ebay for about five days now:(. So I have got behind on my goal. However, I was asked to do an extra job that I need to complete by Thursday so I have been busy as it is an extra job than my usual ones, so have had to fit it in around my usual work. But it will pay an extra £500 so it is really worth doing. So as soon as it is finished I will pick up listing more items on ebay and catch up.

I hope everybody is ok and working away at reducing those credit card debits.

I have worked out tonight that I have paid 8.41% off my credit cards since I started this diary so it is really working.

Take care everybody

LBM
  • try_harder
    Options
    You have done really well too ,i do have times when i go over my budget i must confess mostly it happens when i have my grandchildren here and buy extras including cakes and ice-cream .I have had one of those weeks this week unfortunately and now need to get back on track.
  • Doobop
    Doobop Posts: 212 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi LBM - you are doing great! Really ploughing on. That extra job sounds great - maybe something for life after ebay!
  • LightBulbMoment
    LightBulbMoment Posts: 103 Forumite
    edited 2 July 2016 at 10:52AM
    Options
    HI everybody

I know I have not posted this week but I have been really busy fitting in that extra job. But it really was worth while as I earned an extra £500 last week. :j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j

I have finished it now so all is back to normal. Doobop, thank you for dropping by and that really is a good idea. I think I have decided to concentrate on ebay and do a few car boot sales as all the stuff is taking up so much space. Plus if I am going to do car boot sales now is the time to do it with it being british summer time!!!!!!! When once I have finished getting shot of everything I am then going to try and generate some extra work.

This week I have stuck to the food budget again which is great. Also I have not used the car as my dads car had to go into the garage and he took mine to use. So I did not have to put fuel into the car as I did not have it. I really did not miss it at all which is strange but I guess that was because it was only for a week.

Also this week I got a balance transfer at 0% for twelve months so I have moved some of the debt. When I updated my snowball it will save me £1000 and reduce my snowball payments for 31 months to 30 which is great given it was so easy to do. So I was a happy lady.

Hi Tryharder, thank you so much for dropping by and reading. I do know what you mean when you have extra people especially kids around it is so hard to not get the treats and make them happy. I am a little the same at the moment as my dd has finished school for summer and she is raiding the kitchen cupboards and the stuff is disappearing so fast.

We will both just have to keep an eye on that one.

Any way must go as I have checked the weather and it says it is going to be ok tomorrow so may load up the car to do that car boot sale tomorrow.

Take care

LBM
  • LightBulbMoment
    Options
    Good morning everybody,

What a amazing day it is today, it is about time!

Done my first boot sale yesterday and made £168 which is great. I am hoping to do another one next week if the weather holds out.

Over the weekend I have sold five items on ebay so I am happy with that. This week I am going to start listing new stuff on there to try and move some more items.

This week my goals are:

1 List five items on ebay a day
    2. Keep to my food budget
    3. Keep to my petrol budget.
    4. Do another car boot sale if the weather is ok.

Over the weekend I have also moved all the money on my credit cards onto 0% which is fantastic.

Any way must go and just hope everybody has a great day.

LBM
  • try_harder
    Options
    Wow what a great result ,i have never made that much ever at a car boot ,you must have some pretty good stuff lbm.And well done on getting all your cards transferred to interest free ,you are doing so well and keeping to your targets ,i will try to do the same this week and will keep watching you for my motivation starting with 5 listings today on ebay .
  • LightBulbMoment
    Options
    Hi Try Harder,

Thanks for dropping by. I did sell a lot of stuff at the car boot sale which was great. However, there is still a lot of stuff to take, so I am hoping that the weather is ok again next week so I can go and hopefully get rid of the last of the junk.

I have listed five things today, so I am on target what about you? I think we need to keep each other motivated because I think sometimes it is easy to say you know what today I am not going to bother.

I felt bad last week when I did not list anything but I did have that extra job to do, but I still felt quite bad.

Anyway, I am off as I have some work to finish and I just stopped for a quick cup of tea.

Oh also I am so mad up to get all the c/c debt on 0% it did cost a little to move it but it is going to be so worth it as it is on 12 months interest free. So I have an extra incentive to pay off as much as possible in the next twelve months before the interest kicks in again and I have to start moving money around again.

Take care and I am going to go and have a look at your diary now.

LBM
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Wow - you've been busy and what a great car boot result. Sounds like great progress to me!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure