My Mega Light Bulb Moment

Options

Comments

• try_harder
    try_harder Posts: 1,527 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you for all your wise words of advice ,i am definitely motivated by everybody on this forum there is so much supportit is great .You are doing amazingly well ,keep up the good work ,i have had a week today with absolutely no sales on ebax,i normally aim for around £10 a day but sadly not this week fingers crossed it will get better.Have a good weekend.
  • LightBulbMoment
    Options
    Hi Try Harder

Thanks once again for reading and for your encouragement. I think Ebay can be like that I really do not think there is a set pattern to sales at all. Keep going as it will change.

I have had another five sales on ebay which is great. As soon as I have posted them on Monday I will pay the remaining amount onto my credit card.

Going to list another few items on ebay today, so am hoping for some more sales today.

I also had a NSD yesterday :j. I am not doing very well with these so need to get this sorted as I would love to have about ten this moth.

Any way have a nice Sunday everybody.

Take care

LBM
  • try_harder
    try_harder Posts: 1,527 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you lbm i am so pleased you are doing so well,i am motivated now to carry on listing ,i am aiming to list 5 items a day at least that is the plan.I havent tried the nsd yet i never seem to have a day like that unfortunately for some reason i always seem to be in a shop everyday as i have run out of milk bread etc so might try that ,see how it goes .Its a full time job this money saving business thats for sure .have a good weekend and fingers crossed for more sales today.
  • LightBulbMoment
    LightBulbMoment Posts: 103 Forumite
    edited 13 June 2016 at 5:11PM
    Options
    Hi Try Harder, I just love your name!

Thanks for reading, I really do hope I have motivated you to get listing on ebay, as every little helps and it does declutter your house as well.

I have sold another four things today:T. So they have been wrapped and posted. I have paid my ebay fees again and then paid off the remaining amount of my credit card.

I had a look and I have paid £1234 off the credit cards this month, I am amazed at that. That is from ebay sales and paying some from my bank account. It just shows you when you are careful with the money you earn and do not waste it on junk you really do not need or really want. I have worked out that I have paid 7.09% off since I started this diary.

I am sticking to my goals:
    Listed five items on ebay,
    Shopping is going great,
    Meal plan is also working well and no takeaways over the weekend, and
    Stayed within my £20 petrol budget last week again.

I do need a few hours to do some batch cooking as I think this will make me more organised again.

Any way must go as I have got to start food for tonight and sort out another ebay box from the garage. I dont know about your house but the football is on morning, afternoon and evening and that is driving me into the conservatory to my ebay box.

Have a nice evening everybody

LBM
  • LightBulbMoment
    Options
    Hi Everybody

Well another two sales on ebay yesterday so I have posted the items and paid off the credit card with the money left after paying fees and postage. I have listed another five items this morning so keeping to my goal.

I am still sorting things out in the garage but when I have finished in there I am going to sort out each of the rooms in the house. It is quite therapeutic to be honest to be sorting out the house, it is something I have wanted to do for a long time but just did not get around to it. I think I have time now as I am not out shopping all the time. Sorting out the house and listing and posting ebay items is very time consuming but it is something to take my mind of what I used to do and it fills that time.

PLUS I am loving the debt figure coming down as well!!!

I am also sticking to my meal plan which is making me so much more organised and as a result my food shopping bill is so much cheaper than it used to be.

Take care everybody

LBM
  • LightBulbMoment
    Options
    Hi Everybody

I hope everybody, I hope everybody is ok.

I have had another two sales on ebay. One sale was for £70 so I am really happy as I have posted the two items and paid the rest after fees and postage to my credit card.

I cannot believe another week is nearly over, they seem to be going so fast at the moment.

I have had a look at the weather for Sunday and it says it is not going to be raining so if it stays the same I have decided to get up and go to the car boot sale to see if I can get rid of all the stuff in the garage that I really do not think is worth putting on ebay.

I feel like I am doing a detox on the house, it is great. I just wish I had done it months / years ago.

Any way have a nice day and dont spend too much cash today.

LBM
  • LightBulbMoment
    Options
    Hi Everybody

I hope everybody, I hope everybody is ok.

I have had another two sales on ebay. One sale was for £70 so I am really happy as I have posted the two items and paid the rest after fees and postage to my credit card.

I cannot believe another week is nearly over, they seem to be going so fast at the moment.

I have had a look at the weather for Sunday and it says it is not going to be raining so if it stays the same I have decided to get up and go to the car boot sale to see if I can get rid of all the stuff in the garage that I really do not think is worth putting on ebay.

I feel like I am doing a detox on the house, it is great. I just wish I had done it months / years ago.

Any way have a nice day and dont spend too much cash today.

LBM
  • LightBulbMoment
    Options
    Hi Everybody

Another week has gone, they are going so fast at the moment.

I have had another two sales on ebay yesterday so they have been posted and the remain amount has been paid off my credit card.

I have worked out I have paid 7.35% off the debt since I have started this diary. So I am really pleased with that figure.

Going to go shopping again today. I have already made a shopping list and I am going to stick to it.

I am also going to put £20 in petrol in the car again. I must say since I have been really watching the amount of running around I do I am using so much less fuel. I am saving about £20 a month at the moment because of this.

I have two birthdays come up next week. Is it really mean to say that I really do not want to go out and spend about £50 on two presents? I have a case of red wine that a company gave me at christmas. I am thinking of giving the wine to the two people as gifts as I know they both like red wine and I dont like it. Is that bad doing that? But it will save me £50 / Keep £50 in my bank account.

I am going to have a think on that one.

Any way have a nice weekend

LBM
  • ChicaBonita
    ChicaBonita Posts: 673 Forumite
    Options
    Hi LBM, if you're not going to drink the wine and they like it, don't feel bad about regifting it! It makes much more sense going to them than you keeping it for the sake of it :)
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Hi LBM,

I don't think there's anything wrong with re-gifting - if you won't get any use or joy out of something that someone else would, I think that's thoughtful - better than letting it go to waste!

Well done on your debt repaid so far - you are making huge inroads into your figures, brilliant going!

K x
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport