My Mega Light Bulb Moment

Options

Comments

• LightBulbMoment
    Options
    Good Morning Everybody

Ramblehan - Thank you so much for dropping by. I am made up with the insurance and I paid for it using my debit card as well not the credit card as I usually would have done.

Paying £750 a month off the c/c bill is hard and I am having to cut every corner in the book to be honest. But, I keep thinking I am on a twelve month 0% deal and really do want to pay as much as I can to get it down in that time. So it is extra jobs, ebay and car boot sales at the moment. Doing all of this means I dont have very much time to go out and party, shop and eat out which is great as I really dont spend that much any more.

Well, yesterday I had to find some paperwork which was in the draw in the house were everybody puts paper that they do not know what to do with. When I was going through it I found two cheques that I must have put in the draw and forgotten about. They were dated March 2016 and added up to £29.89. My mum called and she was going into the town were we lived so I quickly filled in a paying in slip and gave them to her and she has deposited them into my bank account.

I cannot believe how silly I used to be. Why did I just put them in the draw and forget about them because I could of paid the £29.89 off the credit card four months ago and paid a little less interest. I really cannot believe how I used to be with money it is crazy and really annoying.

Any way as soon as the funds clear I am going to pay it off the c/c bill which was a nice little bonus yesterday.

Last night I also joined COS as I am going to try and use this shopping cash back tool. I have never used it before so any tips would be much appreciated.

Any way have a great day everybody.

LBM
  • LightBulbMoment
    Options
    Good morning everybody,

What a horrible day it is today, I am so fed up of rain!

I have been so busy with work which is great, but I got up this morning and I think it has caught up with me as I feel so tired today. But I am not letting that stop me at the moment, as I am going to carry on but think I need to go to bed early tonight to catch up.

Going to do another meal plan for this week and go shopping later. I think I will be able to spend a little less this week as there seems to be an awful lot of stuff in the freezer. I would really like to clear some space so I could fit some bread and milk in it so I dont have to go near shops in the week.

Petrol on budget again this week which is also a good thing another fiver saved.

Paid a little extra off the C/C balance and have now paid £609.46 up to now this month, so should reach the target of £750 by the end of the month.

Over the weekend going to concentrate on listing a lot more stuff on ebay as I have fell behind with that but that is because I have been busy with work.

Any way I hope everybody has a really nice weekend. I hope the weather is ok on Sunday as I would really love to do another car boot sale, so I am praying for nice weather.

Take care

LBM
  • LightBulbMoment
    Options
    Good morning everybody

I hope everybody had a great weekend. Well the car boot sale did not happen. Because of all the rain the field was just one big puddle and as I result it was cancelled. Luckily my mum went pass on Saturday and saw the sign so I did not get all the stuff sorted and in the car.

Sold another two things on ebay over the weekend, so will have to take them to the post office today. I have paid the ebay fees and paid the balance off my c/c.

After I have caught up with work this week I am going to try and have a full day of listing all the rest of the junk on ebay to see if I can get shot of it all.

I done my food shopping and came in under budget which is great and the freezer is still really full so must work on using some of that stuff rather than buying too much stuff.

I did not put any petrol in the car last week at all so saved another £20 but I will have to put some in either today / tomorrow.

so all is good at the moment. I made a massive batch of Spag bol yesterday whilst cooking the Sunday lunch and have divided it up into four individual meals. This will be great if I am pushed for time one night a week for the next four weeks.

I am going to try and do the same when I make chicken curry as this would save me cooking a meal from scratch two nights a week for a month. Now that does sound good.

I have now got another £140 to find and pay off the c/c before the end of this month to keep to my goal, so I really do need to step up and get listing on ebay.

Take care everybody

LBM
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Well done on all the sales :T been following your diary. Can I just ask, do you think it makes a difference what say a fleaby sale ends on for optimum price?

TIA
  • LightBulbMoment
    Options
    Hi everybody

What a fantastic day it is today. My washing has all been done and is out on the line.

Well another two things sold over night so I have wrapped them and took them to the post office. After fees/postage I made £20 so I have paid it off the c/c.

Hi PurpleFairy26 that you for dropping by. Lately I have been putting all my items on a BIN for 30 days as I have found that to be easier as I have listed them for 30 days. However, I do usually list them in the evening rather than during the day. But with ebay I really do not think there is a set pattern that you can follow to make it more successful. I have priced things well compared to other listings and put some really good photographs on the listings which I really do think helps so much to get the sales.

How are you doing with ebay? I do think with the summer months it does slow down and starts to increase in September until December.

I have another £130 to find before the end of the month to stay on target of paying £750 a month so I will have to get sorting more stuff out and listing it. Work is just really busy at the moment so I have not had as much time.

Take care everybody and hope today brings you all want you dream off.

LBM
  • LightBulbMoment
    Options
    Hi Everybody

It is a little cooler today, but I am just loving the warm weather.

Another sale overnight so I have paid another £10 off the C/C which is great. So £120 to find before the end of July.

I really hope the weather holds out and it is nice a t weekend so I can empty the garage and go to the car boot sale, I really want all the stuff gone now, but I need to be patient.

Not alot happening at the moment as I am so busy with work it has gone crazy which is great as that means I can earn alot more. When the money comes in I will be able to pay more from the credit card bill.

Any way take care and have a lovely day.

LBM
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Waving hello. Definitely organise the weather for me as I have a much deserved week off next week...sunshine all round is my request! Otherwise i am stuck in a tiny caravan with a toddler and a 13 year old!!!!
    Hope you have a good weekend. Ramble x
  • LightBulbMoment
    Options
    Hi Everybody

I have not posted for a week now as I have been so busy with work as I wanted to get as much done as possible before the end of the month.

I have made a few more extra payments off my c/c bills and have made my target of £750 paid this month, which is great.

I have kept to my food and petrol budget again this week and the kitchen cupboards and freezer is still very full which is great.

My budget for paying in August is £836, so going to give it my best shot again. I dont think I am going to be as busy in work next month so I am going to kick up the gear with ebay again.

I hope everybody is ok and well.

Ramblehan thank you so much for dropping by. I really do hope you are having a great time and hope the weather is ok. I used to love caravan holidays as a kid as my mum and dad had a touring caravan and we used to go on holiday in it all the time.

Any way must dash and hope everybody has a great weekend.

LBM
  • LightBulbMoment
    Options
    Hi Everybody

I really hope everybody has had a great weekend.

I have been really good this weekend. I went shopping on Friday and once again stuck to the budget. after the summer holidays and everything is back to normal and everybody is back in work and college I am going to reduce the food budget as I know I could manage with less money.

I went to the car boot sale this morning with all of my really nice stuff and made after the fee £168 which is amazing. I have brought some stuff back so that can go back in the car boot pile for next time. I am hoping to do another one in the next few weeks, but will have to see about the weather.

Next weeks goals are:

Keep to shopping budget
    Keep to petrol budget
    List five items a day on ebay
    I have a draw full of cosmetic samples - use one of those a day to declutter the draw.

Take care everybody

LBM
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi LBM. Great car boot result! making me wish we had anything left to sell, but we're pretty empty these days. Did have an ebay success last week with a text book I found in a box - got £100 for it!
    Hope you are good. Are you aiming for another £750 pay off this month?
    Ramble x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport