My Mega Light Bulb Moment

Options

Comments

• LightBulbMoment
    Options
    Good morning everybody,

Well I feel really motivated this morning, I dont know if it is because it is the first of the month or not.

I have already started to list some new stuff on ebay as I noticed they are doing free listing all through August which will come in handy.

I have also removed all my bottles of perfume so that I am forced into using all those samples that I have collected and put in a draw, as it is my aim to declutter that draw this month by using them all. It makes me laugh really the way I dont have enough storage space for keeping stuff like that in the cupboards and draws. Is anybody else the same.

Ramblehan - Hi my darling, did you have a good time in the caravan? I used to love caravan holidays when I was a kid, My mum and dad had a touring caravan and we used to go all over in it each year.

OMG - The text book you found that is amazing. What was it? It would be great if you had a few of them just about in the loft. The car boot sale went really well I was made up when I got home and realised how much I had taken. I have decided to use half of it to start buying some Christmas presents as I really do not want to leave it and start to use my credit card again in December. If I am organised and start getting some each month now I wont do that. My aim for this month is £826 to be paid off. It sounds sill but it just rounds up all the numbers, so will see how it goes.

It is now three full months since I last used a credit card, which I am so happy about. As the old LBM would have paid some off and spent it again. So I am learning to hold my own each month, pay minimum payments and also make extra payments. It makes me ask the question WHAT DID I DO WITH ALL MY MONEY? before this. The answer is I really do not know.

Any way must dash, I am going to go and do the meter readings so will see how I have faired with that goal of trying to reduce them both.

Take care and have a nice day.

LBM
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hey LBM, we had a great time thank you. Lots of messing around outdoors, walking and evenings by the fire.
    The book was Practical Greenkeeping"!!!!! (A thrilling read, I'm sure ) know idea where it came from it was just in a box in the loft.. I was basically checking a box of books on money magpie, and most of the books I checked came up as being worth 1p or 2p (haven't bothered to do anything with them as not worth the time - going to give to charity!) Anything that came up more than £1 I checked on ebay and amazon, and this one came up as being for sale on amazon for £250!! There was another one on ebay selling for £150....but seeing as i got it for "free" I didn't feel I could list it for that much so i thought I would chance putting it up for a £100...got someone who offered me £30, I responded with £50, and he said £40, but I said no. Then work up the next day and someone in Germany had bought it for the full price!

Has made me think about looking for things in charity shops which you could sell on for more money, with the magic of an internet phone to check what things are worth....if I can be bothered - but it does feel like a bit of a challenge!!

And in answer to your question WHAT DID YOU DO WITH ALL YOUR MONEY? It was gobbled up by thieving pixies. They were round my house too!

TTFN Ramble x
  • debtaghh
    debtaghh Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just read your whole diary, you are doing so well and have given me some ideas!
  • LightBulbMoment
    LightBulbMoment Posts: 103 Forumite
    edited 2 August 2016 at 12:54PM
    Options
    Hi Everybody,

I hope everybody is well and in good spirit on this sunny summers day! I think not.

Well I had another two sales on ebay over night so they are wrapped and have been sent to the post office. Ebay fees paid and the remainder which was £24.50 has been paid of the c/c bill.

I managed to list six things yesterday so I am staying on target with that one, so hoping for some more sales, but will see.

I have updated my figures this morning and I am now under the 30K mark which is great and I have paid off 9.29% of the debt since starting this diary in May which I am more than happy with. I think the total will start to fall faster now as I have moved all the balances around which did add fees to my balance. However, all the transfers were for twelve months interest free so it really was worth it.

So I am hoping over the next twelve months to hit them big time and get it down as much as possible.

I done the gas and electricity readings and updated my account yesterday and we have used less again this month so that is good. And, I dont think I am having to sound like a long playing record as much with please turn off the lights and tv which is an added bonus.

I made a stew in the Slow Cooker last week with all the veggies that needed to be used up and so chicken that was in the freezer. It was so good. I did go a little over board and the slow cooker was full to the brim. However, everybody in the house had some for dinner and everybody loved it that much they all had it the following evening as well. So, the stew was a hit, it lasted two nights and I used up all the odd bits of veg that in months gone by I would have put in the dustbin. WIN WIN situation.

Hi Ramble, - I am so glade you had a nice weeks holiday, it really does make a difference when you can get away. I think you come home more positive and ready for the next chapter what ever that may be. I am still amazed at that book, I think it is great well done.

A few years ago I purchased this little toy at a toy boot sale for 20p as it reminded me of my Nan. It was in a cupboard for years just sat there. When I had a sort out I had a look if it was worth anything and yes it was. I listed it on ebay and a lady in Australia purchased it for a toy museum. It sold for £150. It would be great if things like that came around quite often we would both be debt free in no time at all.

Yesterday I was doing my accounts and each time I got fed up I started reading your diary. I got to page 4, so today I am going to catch up on it. It is so amazing that you had your little baby, you are so lucky. I know how it feels as I had a really bad time but in the end had two children which I am so thankful for even when they both are being total pains in the neck!

Debtaghh- Thank you so much for stopping by and reading my total waffle. I am going to go and have a look if you have started a diary as I love reading what other people are up too. It seems to motivate me to up what I am doing, which is great. I think I am at the point now were I am getting quite a buzz at that figure going down and knowing that I am in control of it and not the shopping and spending money that I did not have being in control of me.

Any way I feel like I have wrote War and Peace today and need to go and do some work. Oh, also I have made £500 more than usual in July for extra jobs that I have done, which is also fantastic news.

Take care everybody

LBM
  • LightBulbMoment
    Options
    Hi Everybody

I cannot believe it is Friday again.

Well, I have had a really busy week were work is concerned which is good but have not had any time to do anything else.

I have decided that I am only going to do a very small shop this week for the basics such as bread, milk, fruit and veg as the freezer is full to the brim. So I am going to plan all meals around that and just do a very small top up shop. This should save me about £50 this week I think.

I have started to use all the samples, small bottles of shampoo, conditioner, shower gels, perfumes and lotions and potions in my draw. Think I have used about ten up to now, as I really need the space and they have been there a good while now and I never think of using them. So I have decided during August I am not opening anything new just using all the little sample sized items so that I can have my draw back.

Any way must dash as I have a lot to do today from a work point of view, which means I will be earning a lot of money :T

Take care and have a good weekend

LBM
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Wow lbm look at your new signature, it's come down so well in a relative short time :T

Thanks for the fleabay tips, I finally got round to listing 15 and did a mixture of 7 day auction, 30 day auction and fixed price. So far half have sold and I'm thrilled with the once I got for all of them so thanks for your advice. PF.
  • LightBulbMoment
    Options
    Hi Everybody

I hope everybody has had a nice weekend. Mine was really busy catching up with lots of jobs at home.

I have been really busy with work today and done a twelve hour day, which will pay really well so it will come in handy.

PurpleFairy26 - Thanks for stopping by. I am made up with my total figures coming down I just hope I can keep it up. It is great news about your ebay sales. It really is worth doing if you can find the time. I have been so busy with work this last few weeks I have not really had time to list very much new items. But I am not stressing over it as the jobs I am doing are paying really well at the moment so that really does have to be my priority.

I put £20 worth of petrol into the car on Friday so I am going to make that last all week again. I also went and done a really fast food shop and bought some fresh bits and bobs which came to £12.50. So we are going to have a use up what is in the freezer and cupboards week this week.

Any way take care everybody

LBM
  • louby40
    louby40 Posts: 1,520 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    LBM

wow, you are doing so well! I did a lot of eBay sales at the beginning of July but because of my holiday it's slowed down.

I don't think I have much else to see tbh, I may have some winter boots and clothes that I could put on in the autumn. I have got a box of books and DVDs that went to music magpie yesterday, it wasn't much but has gone straight to my cc.

Maybe I need to go up the loft and see what's up there!
  • LightBulbMoment
    Options
    Hi Everybody

I cannot believe the weather we are having it is like October not August:(.

Any way I am still working my little socks off at the moment as I have took another couple of extra jobs on this month, so I need to put in alot of hours. However, I will benefit in the next few weeks when I get paid.

As a result of working so much I have not been able to list anything on ebay, but I really am not fretting over it as the work I am doing is all good paying projects so I will be rewarded come the end of the day. As soon as work slows down I will start listing items again on ebay and try and get shot of more stuff that is not wanted any more.

I am also hoping to do another car boot sale during August but will have to see on the weather.

Hi louby40 - Thank you so much for dropping by. Go and get in that loft and see what you can find I am sure there will be some treasures hanging about. I have not finished with our garage yet and cannot think about the loft at the moment as it is full to the brim with stuff. What the stuff is I really do not know. I was thinking of having a look at Music Mag because we have alot of books, CD's and DVD's about that nobody touches any more and they need to go as they are taking up space that we could use. When I get a minute I am going to go and have a look at that.

I am also still using all the samples and not opening anything new in August to release the space in a very large draw. It is going really well. However, some of the stuff is really nice and old LBM would have ordered it on line by now but I am resisting doing that which is good.

AND, I STILL HAVE NOT USED MY CREDIT CARD:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Any way must dash as a lot of work to do today.

Take care

LBM
  • louby40
    louby40 Posts: 1,520 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Music Magpie is ok, most of my DVds were only worth 50p but nobody watches them anymore and it doesn't cost anything to scan them, box them up and use their free collection service so it's a no brainier. It goes straight into your bank account too!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure