PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Waiting for a buyer... Anyone want to join me?

Options

Comments

• Mickygg
    Mickygg Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    9ja4life wrote: »
    I'm back here! We're putting our house back on the market. It'll go live Monday. I know they say don't sell in the winter. I'm cautiously optimistic, after all you won't know till you try!

We are in a strange market at the moment I wouldn't worry about selling in winter. December is effectively a write off but an EA near me said for the last two years November was the busiest month for offers accepted!

I sold my first house from a viewing in between Xmas and New Years eve!
  • thegirlintheattic
    Options
    sheff6107 wrote: »
    After 12 months and only 9 viewings in that time, we ditched the online agent this week and put it on with a local one.

"If we can't sell it, no one can!"

Fingers crossed.

I would avoid online agents like the plague. We (tried) to view two houses with online agents. First didn't have the keys and after a few e-mails saying they were very keen to let us view it we've heard nothing. 2nd one waited 3 weeks to ask for feedback.
    Save £200 a month : [STRIKE]Oct[/STRIKE] Nov Dec Jan Feb Mar Apr
  • Bonfire_Bride
    Options
    Hi guys...just checking in.

Just a little info....please also check out your sellers if you are in a chain. We were told the house we were purchasing was chain free. 2 months in and them stalling at every turn, we found out infact they have decided to buy and cant find anything and don't think they will find anything until after Christmas.

So...we have pulled out (haven't told them yet as they deserve a little of their own medicine) We have spent hundreds on searches, surveys to be told they aren't even proceedable.

However, a house we offered on in August came back on the market last night and we nabbed it :)

Two years ago today we put our house on the market...and we are close to exchange now (on our sale - moving in with mum to accommodate new purchase) I know NONE of you will be on the market that long...it will really happen.

Good Luck :)
  • Christina_F
    Options
    Our viewing last night went well - they brought their kids with them and they all seemed quite excited about the house.
    Estate rang this morning and said that they were very interested in our house, they have a viewing booked for their house on Monday and if they get an offer they will put an offer on our house. The estate agent said that they had declared and expression of interest in our house - not sure what that means but fingers are crossed,
    Two more viewings booked for tomorrow - 11a.m and 2p.m - the first one have an offer on their house so are ready to move but the 2pm viewer has notgot her house on the market yet

Fingers crossed we get an offer
  • Slinky
    Slinky Posts: 9,992 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 9 October 2016 at 10:26AM
    Options
    Davesnave wrote: »
    Err....sometimes we don't, when it's mobiles.

But it's astonishing how many tradesmen seem to be working in dead spots when they're needed urgently! ;)

She was just being ignorant. Came round on the Sunday to measure up for new carpets, said she'd be taking her cheque into the solicitors the following day for the deposit so we could exchange on Friday, but didn't.

Should have known she was flaky, she didn't have a survey done as she used to live next door.

Anyway, it matters not now, we got a higher offer off another buyer and it was all sorted in the end.
    Make £2024 in 2024
    Prolific to 29/2/24 £184.97, Chase Interest £11.88, Chase roundup interest £0.18, Chase CB £16.96, Roadkill £1.10, Octopus referral reward £50, Octopoints £6.30 to 31/1/24, Topcashback £4.64, Shopmium £3
    Total £279.03/£2024  13.8%

Make £2023 in 2023
    Water sewerage refund: £170.62,Topcashback: £243.47, Prolific: to 31/12/23 £975, Haggling: £45, Wombling(Roadkill): £6.04,  Chase CB £149.34, Chase roundup interest £1.35, WeBuyBooks:£8.37, Misc sales: £406.59, Delay repay £22, Amazon refund £3.41, EDF Smart Meter incentive £100, Santander Edge Cashback-Fees: £25.14, Octopus Reward £50, Bank transfer incentives £400
    Total: £2606.33/£2023  128.8%

• fudge7000
    fudge7000 Posts: 188 Forumite
    Options
    321 - fantastic, well done!

Still no new viewings here, considering going with another agent as well, think the current ones have given up and are just waiting for the chain to right itself...
    First win (October) - Apple Ipod off a radio competition
    November - new nokia mobile phone, £250 electrical voucher (both radio comptitions)
    March - 2 cinema tickets to see 27 dresses (radio again!)

:beer: :beer: :beer:
  • fudge7000
    fudge7000 Posts: 188 Forumite
    Options
    Gone for a price reduction today, we'll see if that generates any interest!

I'm still wondering if the new right move thing of having to be a bungalow or a house is where we're struggling, as we were on as both before, but now you can only be one. The house is a bungalow but with a large dormer upstairs. EA state we can't have two listings so considering going with another EA to get the second listing... Decisions decisions!
    First win (October) - Apple Ipod off a radio competition
    November - new nokia mobile phone, £250 electrical voucher (both radio comptitions)
    March - 2 cinema tickets to see 27 dresses (radio again!)

:beer: :beer: :beer:
  • 3_kids_2_jobs_1_dog
    Options
    Hi All

Had a rollercoaster of a week here. Bit like Chickma we had an 'uncontactable' buyer who avoided EA calls all week and then last thing on Friday retracted her offer and made a significantly lower offer! Luckily we had more viewings lined up for the weekend (which we would have cancelled if she had responded to the EA) and one of those is a ftb who fell in love with the house and has made an offer, lower than we would have liked but we have accepted as they appear a better bet.

BB - love a bit of Karma, sounds like things have worked out better for you in the end.

Fudge, thank you for the congratulations and despite the original buyer messing us about all week we now have a much better buyer, albeit with a lower offer, but we are happy and now able to move onwards. Not sure what to suggest re your bungalow/house quandry, I think around here they tend to go as bungalows but thats cos we have an extremely large retired population. You probably need to consider your 'target market'.

Good luck this week everyone

321 xxx
    REPAYMENT PLAN
    Barclaycard £6700 0% repaying at £300 pm
    LOAN [STRIKE]£14000[/STRIKE] £9352 - DFD September 2022
  • elleJay42
    Options
    Hello, we've now been on the market for a month and not one single viewing :(

The agents say our flat is really nice and it's just the stagnant market in Aberdeen at the moment.

To top it all off we just got hit with a £3500 bill for roof repairs... I never want to sell again, this is horrible!
    Total debt at LBM = £4861.03

DFBXmas2018 #91 - £3342 / £3500 (95.4%)

HTB ISA - £0 withdrawn for house purchase! :D
    Wedding Fund £2550 / £5000
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    We've had 11 viewings but no offers - only been on the market almost 3 weeks but we are in this horrible Barratt movemaker scheme so had a call this morning to say someone is interested in making an offer on Saturday in person at the agents but Barratt have instructed agents to reduce price on Thursday as that will be 3 weeks on market. I'm really frustrated as we may get an offer on Saturday - surely they could wait until monday to reduce?!
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure