Options

Comments

• 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Dandytf wrote: »
    Card arrived today.

Didn't mange activation via iPhone,though 1 phone call to 0345 number and activated no probs.

Since added my very lovely strawberry logo via iPhone. (in addition to rbs debit card)

DD setup online.

Feel like I'm following you somehow; I recognise your post from MacRumors
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • browneyone
    browneyone Posts: 73 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Got my card today, it's not contact less.
  • tomxlisa
    tomxlisa Posts: 426 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    browneyone wrote: »
    Got my card today, it's not contact less.
    They don't do contactless yet, they are bringing this out in august, where when it's available you can request it via the online banking portal so I read.
  • Dandytf
    Dandytf Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    tomxlisa wrote: »
    They don't do contactless yet, they are bringing this out in august, where when it's available you can request it via the online banking portal so I read.

Tesco card is contactless, i've used iPhone apple pay with tesco card past few days.

8.03-spar
    3.59-subway
    7.44 -spar

Slowly beginning to utilise 0% for a few weeks ;)

Trying to be careful for a few weeks then pay in full.
    Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • 20aday
    Options
    Tesco card is contactless, i've used iPhone apple pay with tesco card past few days.

8.03-spar
    3.59-subway
    7.44 -spar

Just wish a few more Tesco stores (i.e. Superstores/Extra) had contactless terminals rather than the Express/Metro formats.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • tomxlisa
    tomxlisa Posts: 426 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options

8.03-spar
    3.59-subway
    7.44 -spar

I think they meant it's not contactless as in you can't tap your card on the reader and pay that way.
  • Dandytf
    Options
    tomxlisa wrote: »
    I think they meant it's not contactless as in you can't tap your card on the reader and pay that way.

I've never tried Tesco card via card/contactless terminal.

I presumed the card had to be contactless to be added to Apple pay wallet.

Only used rbs debit card once, found my iPhone much simpler.

Though i'm not sure how using a card works, I've read from tap card onto terminal,swipe card, not really sure what the official way is, Care to advise, is it swipe or tap a contactless card, I've even read some reports, that the card doesn't have to be removed from pocket at all? maybe that's in u.s.a. or something.
    Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • 20aday
    Options
    I've never tried Tesco card via card/contactless terminal.

I presumed the card had to be contactless to be added to Apple pay wallet.

Only used rbs debit card once, found my iPhone much simpler.

Though i'm not sure how using a card works, I've read from tap card onto terminal,swipe card, not really sure what the official way is, Care to advise, is it swipe or tap a contactless card, I've even read some reports, that the card doesn't have to be removed from pocket at all? maybe that's in u.s.a. or something.

Tomxlisa is right in saying the physical card itself isn't contactless but it works fine for Apple Pay.

I think (for the exception of some basic bank accounts) most cards can be added to the Wallet app for iOS if supported by the issuing bank/building society even if it isn't contactless yet.

You can hold the card within an inch or so of a contactless reader. Some people prefer to hold it against the PIN pad but I've usually had no trouble in not doing that.
  • Dandytf
    Options
    20aday wrote: »
    Tomxlisa is right in saying the physical card itself isn't contactless but it works fine for Apple Pay.

I think (for the exception of some basic bank accounts) most cards can be added to the Wallet app for iOS if supported by the issuing bank/building society even if it isn't contactless yet.

You can hold the card within an inch or so of a contactless reader. Some people prefer to hold it against the PIN pad but I've usually had no trouble in not doing that.

I don't disagree though I know the 1st card I added via iPhone was rbs debit which at the time I had to replace with a contactless card from r.b.s.
    As I mentioned I haven't tried Tesco via the card, though thanks for the tip for using a card if required, recently I've been advised to hold my iPhone sideways across the contactless terminal in 1 local groceries store which hasn't been a problem t.b.h. just the terminal don't always beep if I point iPhone from directly above terminal.
  • 20aday
    Options
    I don't disagree though I know the 1st card I added via iPhone was rbs debit which at the time I had to replace with a contactless card from r.b.s.
    As I mentioned I haven't tried Tesco via the card, though thanks for the tip for using a card if required, recently I've been advised to hold my iPhone sideways across the contactless terminal in 1 local groceries store which hasn't been a problem t.b.h. just the terminal don't always beep if I point iPhone from directly above terminal.

Whenever I've used BP they ask me to present my phone to the side of the card reader.

Anywhere else it's usually a couple of cms above the device. Guess it varies, really.

You wouldn't be able to use your Tesco credit card for physical contactless payments yet because the card doesn't have the RFID details inside (like your RBS Visa Debit card does).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure