PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

July 2016 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• t14cy_t
    t14cy_t Posts: 1,320 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    nsd yesterday, yipee!!x
  • daydreamsofaunicorn
    Options
    Hope no-one minds if I join in so late in the month. I don't really know how much I spent on food every month but know that it is too much! I (try to) follow Slimming World and have found this to be really expensive. Aiming for £150 between now and 1st of August with at least 5 NSDs.

Lx
    January Make £20 a day - £0/£620
  • pamsdish
    pamsdish Posts: 2,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I had a small spend yesterday wanted caulis from Aldi 39p, as I low carb I use quite a lot, and some walnuts.total spend of £6-22, which included 2 items for my neighbour, we get small stuff like that for each other.
    Do I need it or just want it.
  • pamsdish
    pamsdish Posts: 2,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Did another shop for mostly none grocery items, the grocery came to £21-55, got 9 bars of my 85% choc, some beef for Sunday roast, and T. rolls as on special,
    Do I need it or just want it.
  • Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Did a small shop at Tescos (eggs, milk, bread, yoghurt) which came to £4.60 but I had £4 in vouchers so just 60p was spent.

Total left = £8.29

Days remaining = 10

About 83p a day remaining.

I can just about do it if I am really, really careful.

I will have to use all my food shopping super powers to make it through but I'm convinced I can do it.

I may make a menu plan and do another inventory of the cupboards.

Good luck to all.
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • t14cy_t
    t14cy_t Posts: 1,320 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    ive decided in advance to let you know that next month im doing a humans only spend!! setting my target at £80 for august when it comes round. thats for two adults full time and 1 extra adult 7 days a week for lunch and breakfast. xx
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,566 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Been away for a week, have done a top up shop on our return £69.82, but that did include 2 bottles of wine, 2 big bottles of posh lager (a misnomer if ever there was one lol) and 10 pigmy bottles of cheapy lager, 2 weeks worth of cat food too.

Will round it up to £70 for siggy.
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • Geldsparerin
    Options
    I did my 'weekly' Aldi shop today which came to £27.86 including a chicken which I will get three meals out of. This price is a miracle for me. Bought quite a bit of fruit, but used MySupermarket to choose the cheapest available. Aiming to increase the NSDs this week including avoiding the coffee at a kids party at softplay tomorrow. The last week of the month I should have plenty of freezer meals to draw on but also got a couple of nights away so that should be interesting.
    October 2016 Grocery Challenge £76.11/250/
    September 2016 Grocery Challenge £252,10/250/
    August 2016 Grocery Challenge £241.89/250/
    NSD September: 12
  • Peggybabcot
    Peggybabcot Posts: 290 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    A top up shop at Lidl this afternoon totalling £26.19 (signature has been updated) Our local Aldi is impossible to park at at the weekend hence my trip to Lidl but I wasn't impressed. We had a brand new shiny shop open in January and it's gone down hill rapidly. Some of the fresh stuff was very short dated and some of the freezers hardly had anything in them! Note to self not to scrimp on the weekly shop at Aldi if it involves having to do a top up shop at Lidl. I know every store is different so I'm not tarring all Lidls with the same brush but ours needs to up it's game somewhat.
    Grocery challenge June 2016
    £500/£516.04
    Grocery challenge July 2016
    £500/£503.73
  • just_trying
    just_trying Posts: 1,010 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    A top up shop at Lidl this afternoon totalling £26.19 (signature has been updated) Our local Aldi is impossible to park at at the weekend hence my trip to Lidl but I wasn't impressed. We had a brand new shiny shop open in January and it's gone down hill rapidly. Some of the fresh stuff was very short dated and some of the freezers hardly had anything in them! Note to self not to scrimp on the weekly shop at Aldi if it involves having to do a top up shop at Lidl. I know every store is different so I'm not tarring all Lidls with the same brush but ours needs to up it's game somewhat.

It may be due to them growing in popularity, think I'll be brave and join this thread from next month, I need to reduce my shopping to £80 a week for really 5 adults it is 4 classed as adults and a 12 year old. From the 26th so I'll start at the end of that week as that's when I shop, gulp. Xx. If that's okay.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport