Official Trying to Conceive - Thread 13

Options

Comments

• skimper
    skimper Posts: 372 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi bachsoon, welcome to the thread, hopefully we can give you some support.
    Unfortunately we are rather quiet on here at the moment.
  • Doobop
    Doobop Posts: 212 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi, thanks for all the advice. Temperature done every day apart from this morning, getting into the habit a bit and using fertility friend. Getting the hang of it! Hope everyone else is ok.
  • skimper
    Options
    That's good Doobop, hopefully it will give you some insight. I've never got in to the habit of it.

I'm CD25, so AF due any day now. I had a dream last night that I kept getting positive tests so took one this morning, it was of course Negative. At this point I wouldn't expect anything less.
    I cant believe i'm still trying to conceive after 16 cycles, when you start TTC you never think its going to take this long, and never think you'll be infertile or whatever.
    I've started back at the gym & healthy eating & lost 5lb in my first week, so finger crossed I can keep at it! If it comes to IVF then I would need to be a healthy weight so might as well start now & fingers crossed it helps my journey.
  • Mrsburrows2018
    Options
    Still here ladies, just been so busy with work and end of school/packing them off on holiday with their dad.

So I had my blood test on cd20 as 21 fell on a weekend. Saw the dr about the results on Friday, apparently the shbg level came back slightly abnormal (as they worded it) the dr said it was slightly higher than what they Class as normal range but nothing he would worry about. He also said that the test indicated I was maybe ovulating when the test was done which has me confused as I normally get highs on tests around cd13/14, the last couple months I haven't been able to test through the day to get a peak as I've been at work!

Hubby has to wait for his sperm analysis until end of august! The dr I saw on friday said to make an appointment with the 1st dr we saw as she is into the whole fertility side of things as soon as we have his results to discuss where to go from there.

I am now CD28 so due on tomorrow. I did a cheap one step one on thursday and got a faint line, did 2 more in disbelief and there was a faint line on them too. I did another Friday night when I got home from work and there was a faint line on that, you could see it through the plastic screen and still can now. I was good and made myself wait until this morning, in the Hope's that it would be stronger but now nothing so I guess the lines were evaps. Gutting.

I'm feeling like it's never going to happen atm, I hate my job and am honestly only sticking it out for maternity pay. Yet I'm pretty sure my stress levels arent helping on the getting pregnant front. I have felt like crying all day today and I just want tomorrow to be over so my period starts and puts me out of my misery lol
  • Mrsburrows2018
    Options
    So the drs called me back yesterday, I'm being referred to fertility whatever that means as the receptionist didnt say much over the phone. They have booked me in today for day 2 blood test (they said cd2-5 and this is day 3) and next week I'm going for swabs which I assume is sti checks.

So yes af turned up on time as expected monday. Managed to make it through the day without bursting into tears at work, hubby is gutted too. I keep thinking that if there is a problem and we need to go down the ivf route that's not gonna happen cos we cant afford it so we might never have a baby together. I'm stuck in a loop atm, keep thinking we should have an almost 4 month old now, and everywhere I looked yesterday was pregnant women or newborns!
  • BachSoon
    BachSoon Posts: 172 Forumite
    Options
    MrsBurrows I'm sorry to hear of the problems you're having. It's so disappointing every month when AF rears an unwelcome head. Sending you best wishes.

Please forgive my ignorance, but regarding IVF and affordability, doesn't the NHS fund a round?
  • skimper
    Options
    Sorry to hear AF turned up Mrs burrows. The ttc journey can be a cruel one.

Bachsoon, NHS can fund 3 rounds of ivf, but there is certain criteria to meet, you have to be of a healthy weight, not of any kids already, and be under the age of 43.

AF has just finished for me, onwards and upwards on cycle 17. So over ttc now, just feel like I'm never going to see those 2 little lines on a test.
  • Mrsburrows2018
    Options
    Skimper I know exactly how you feel, it's made out to be the most natural thing in the world getting pregnant and I feel like I spent my younger years constantly trying not to fall pregnant now it's all I think about. I can call later today for my results of the blood test so fingers crossed. Last night I bought pregnacare conception tablets and evening primrose oils capsules as I read they are good for ewcm which I seem to be lacking since the miscarriage and boy they are huge but I forced myself to take them both, and I've ordered the male conception ones for hubby to take. The probably wont help but gotta be worth a try too
  • Rambosmum
    Rambosmum Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm back with you. DD is almost 7 months old. We've decided to go for a third eek! I'm breastfeeding and my periods haven't returned and I'm pretty sure I'm not yet fertile, so this one is likely to be long in the making!
  • SingleSue
    SingleSue Posts: 11,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I was breastfeeding, my periods had not returned and for good measure I had had the contraceptive injection (things had gone a little pear shaped during the pregnancy and delivery of 2nd son and we had been advised it wasn't a good idea medically for me to get pregnant for at least two years)…..somehow, youngest happened.

This was after trying for 3 years to have middle son, fertility treatment, countless operations and drug treatment etc (I had endometriosis), we were flabbergasted and in complete shock for weeks.
    We made it! All three boys have graduated, it's been hard work but it shows there is a possibility of a chance of normal (ish) life after a diagnosis (or two) of ASD. It's not been the easiest route but I am so glad I ignored everything and everyone and did my own therapies with them.
    Eldests' EDS diagnosis 4.5.10, mine 13.1.11 eekk - now having fun and games as a wheelchair user.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback