Official Trying to Conceive - Thread 13

Options

Comments

• angel11
    angel11 Posts: 411 Forumite
    edited 8 October 2016 at 10:22AM
    Options
    Like others, I try to hide my real emotions when the baby bomb is dropped - smile & offer congratulations to the couple & then crumble when I'm away from prying eyes. Some affect me more than others, but the hardest I've had was sil baby bomb 2 days after we'd been told there's a very real chance we'll need ivf. Then she proceeded to ask me when we were going to have kids in front of the whole family :mad::mad: I told her in no uncertain terms that we weren't - looking back now I was prob rather rude, but it was taking every ounce of strength I had not to break down in front of everyone, & I just wanted to shut her up & move the conversation away from babies. We've been getting the whole "when are you going to have kids" for about 10 years. We're mid-thirties now & not getting it just so much - I'm guessing most people by now just assume we're never going to.

Still no sign of ov & I'm feeling really under the weather. I think the ups & downs of the past few weeks are taking their toll on me. Really need to focus on relaxing as much as possible.

Snow def wait until you're late before testing.

New enjoy the break!

Millie how are things with you?
  • cats2012
    cats2012 Posts: 1,182 Forumite
    Options
    Snow just delurking to say definitely wait if you can. I had a chemical pregnancy on my first positive test in over a year and it broke our hearts. Worked out afterwards but even so I will never test early again!! I'd also strangely recommend cheapies as well as expensive tests - expensive tests give you just yes/no whereas on cheapies you see the strength of the line. Again if, god forbid, it's chemical, it will come up faint and maybe curb the excitement. Another mistake I made!!

However of course I hope you just get a lovely strong positive :-) fingers crossed for all waiting and massive hugs to those struggling. I still feel it now at those announcements where people go "oh it just happened". Ergh. But then at my appointment last week I chatted to a colleague who had 6 years trying and 5 IVF cycles but is now expecting her miracle - put my experience into perspective a little! And also shows how much hope there is :-)
    Officially Mrs B as of March 2013
    TTC since Apr 2015, baby B born March 2017
  • ThinkPink
    ThinkPink Posts: 893 Forumite
    Options
    Rachylou- that may have been me, I had my 12 week scan on Christmas eve in 2014 to find I had had a mmc at about 10 weeks. if I'm being honest the thing that made it even harder was the fact I couldn't have surgery for about 5 days. I usually love Christmas and am the annoying person in the office wanting to decorate as early as possible and am usually so excited so the build up to last Christmas was very hard for me and we just had a quiet one, but it wouldn't put me off trying around this time again. Actually, if I'm being honest, I made the most of not being pregnant and had a great social life in December what with work meals etc and think that being relaxed really helped!! (Although I do completely understand how annoying it is when people say 'just relax and it will happen!!')

This Christmas I am back to my usual excited self as our little boy will be about 3 months old- so yes I fell pregnant around Christmas last year!!

It took us about 27 months to finally get our sticky bfp (so when he was born it was three years since we started ttc) and by last December I had resigned myself to the fact we weren't going to get one without a little bit of medical assistance (hence one of the reasons I had relaxed about ttc so was most surprised to get a bfp without any help)so I fully understand the difficult times some of you are going through but I keep my fingers crossed for all of you that you will get your bfp (and that you don't have to wait as long as we did!).

I will go back to lurking now!!x
  • firebird082
    Options
    Well, I caved in and tested when I got home today, 2 days late according to ptracker, and due today according to ovia. Got a faint line, which I'm going to call a tiny little positive :) Along with the sore boobs, metallic mouth taste and dizzy spell the other morning I'm cautiously calling that good news. Would like to stick around here until I've got a BFP though if that's OK with you all...

Very happy at the moment!

P.s. somewhat ironically, I was asked by my tennis partner on the way home whether we wanted any children!
  • april87
    april87 Posts: 353 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Delurking to say Congrats firebird. My test lines were also quite faint but a few weeks down the line no AF and I tested again the other day and the line was much much darker, still struggle to believe that i actually am pregnant.
  • newthrift
    newthrift Posts: 1,252 Forumite
    Options
    Two Week Wait (BFP Hopefuls)
    CD24 snowscreamer - 8DPO :cool:
    CD26 ButterflyBabe - 10DPO :cool:
    CD25 LittleMissGiggle - 10DPO :cool:
    CD29 firebird082 - 16DPO :cool:
    "If in doubt - BD" Zone
    CD?? twigpig - Awaiting ov :o
    CD11 athensgeorgia - Awaiting ov :o
    CD14 angel11 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD14 midget_1907 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD15 Milliebob - Awaiting ov :o
    CD23 newthrift - Awaiting ov :o
    CD32 kira000 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD45 easilydistracted - Awaiting ov :o
    CD56 Slinky_Selina - Awaiting ov :o
    "Wine and Chocolate" zone

Those we haven't heard from in a while
    CD134 freshstart11 - Awaiting ov :o

Those with * sometimes uses conceive plus/preseed.
    The names in blue has a link to their Fertility Friend chart.
    When posting updates, can you please do them in Magenta so it's easy to spot. This thread is all about support, so remember to click thanks on as many posts as you can! It makes us all feel loved.

For those posting on smartphones or tablets the code for magenta is
    ([ )COLOR="magenta"( ] )your text ( [ )/COLOR ( ] ) (lose the round bracket)

Please let me know if anything needs editing (including the zone you are in) and I will try to keep up.

Thread Graduates
    Penguingirl 24/09/16
    april87 22/09/16
    Keekee BFP 21/08/16
    Clarabell1984 BFP 21/7/16
    Cats2012 BFP 9/7/16
    big5 BFP 15/6/16
    sexymouse BFP 4/6/16

VicVics BFP 16/5/16
    MancMama4 BFP 29/4/16
    pinkpetal BFP 24/4/16
    Apple1985 BFP 19/4/16
    Tinks05 BFP 18/4/16
    Christmas is the most magical time of the year :santa2:
    Mum to two boys :heartpuls
  • A0503
    A0503 Posts: 90 Forumite
    Options
    Congrats firebird!

Rachy I think those worries are normal and if also crossed my mind when I was thinking out when a 12 week scan might fall.

I am feeling much more positive than I was last week, even tho sil does keep texting me baby related stuff that only a pregnant person or someone who's had kids could answer...getting on my nerves.

Really trying to take a more relaxed approach, I think il always think about a baby but I'm just trying to not get stressed. We've had loads done in the house this weekend which has been a distraction, I also love the build up to autumn and Christmas so I'm generally happier at the moment which is good xx
  • angel11
    angel11 Posts: 411 Forumite
    Options
    Congratulations firebird fx for a healthy & happy 9 months
  • easilydistracted
    easilydistracted Posts: 465 Forumite
    edited 9 October 2016 at 2:39PM
    Options
    Can I be put on CD4 please New. AF came in with a vengeance just after I posted. I just had some agnus castus arrive and it says not for when TTC. After much checking online it looks like it should be ok up to ov, so I will take up to CD14 given I don't actually know when ov is! Still not booked the GP! I'm hoping they give me clomid and I have some success on that.

Sorry to hear everyone has to keep up with pregnancy announcements. Most of my friends aren't in that phase of life thankfully.

Hope everyone is doing ok

PS Congrats firebird!

Gem of the week from OH: so and so at work's sister had IVF then went on to have another one naturally soon after.
    Me: So you're saying it'll be fine if we have to go down the IVF route because although we'll have all the stress of that. we'll then we'll have two, although we'll be broke from the IVF and don't have space or money for two alongside step-daughter?
    OH: Hmm well now you say it like that it doesn't sound so positive.
    Bless :D
    Saving for a deposit. £5440 of £11000 saved so far:j
  • easilydistracted
    Options
    I am certainly trying my best. I am waiting for my counselling appointment and have been trying to keep myself busy and focussed on other things. Moving house has been a big distraction and certainly more enjoyable than stressful . I have joined Slimming World to manage my weight and so that’s a big focus and hopefully this will help me in my TTC journey too as I am overweight.

I did have a wobble yesterday, someone mentioned 11 weeks until Christmas and I realised that if we fell this cycle, I would be 12 weeks on Christmas Day. This terrified me as my MC started after my scan at 11+3 and I don’t want to go through that again at Christmas (I know someone on here did :(). I know that would be a massive coincidence and I am probably silly for even thinking it (OH thinks I am mad) but it has bothered me. I absolutely love Christmas and so having a dark cloud over me for the first 12 weeks covering that period is going to be really really hard but I don’t want to not try this cycle. I just have to think positive so that is my plan and I guess Christmas is a big distraction if I do fall at that time. Hopefully the counselling will be soon too and will help with my anxiety and fear.

Sending hugs over your loss, I think the counselling is a really good idea and trying to stay positive. My local slimming world clashes with a trampolining group which is my only exercise, unfortunately I keep missing it from exhaustion so might as well have signed up to SW. I might try online
    Saving for a deposit. £5440 of £11000 saved so far:j
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure