Official Trying to Conceive - Thread 13

Options

Comments

• angel11
    angel11 Posts: 411 Forumite
    Options
    Oh dear, it sounds like things are tough atm for quite a few people on here - fx you can all find some way to cope with things. Ttc just seem to be a rollercoaster of emotions, and other people's baby bombs & expectation just make it even harder.

Welcome munchkin, it's great to have an outlet & everyone on here is just lovely.

Waiting patiently for ov - normally I'd notice my body gearing up by now, but nothing as yet.
  • snowscreamer
    Options
    Hello ladies, hope I can join?

I am a very long term lurker, having been quite broody for a while :grin: but having married last month (just back from honeymoon!) my husband and I are now trying for real.

So as this is our first month and since everything's been crazy over the past few weeks (planning a wedding at the same time as renovating the downstairs of your house - not recommended) I'm sort of still catching up with myself and not sure how well it has gone so far or what I should really be looking out for.

CD1 was 15 September; then whilst on honeymoon on CD13-15 I had EWCM. As it was honeymoon, DTD was no trouble and we hit CD12, CD14, CD15. On CD16 (and now back home) I experienced some odd twinges (never normally notice any downstairs sensations except around AF time) and when I went to the loo had a couple of drops of blood come out - sorry if TMI. So I think CD16 was maybe ovulation??? Any similar experiences?

I got quite sore (!) from all the honeymoon, ahem, activity so it's been quiet on that front since CD15. If CD16 was ovulation - does that mean I'm in with a chance? Cycle length is normally 31 days, quite regular and I've been tracking with Ovia. Ovia has my fertile period from CD16-CD20 (today) which if true means we'd be a little scuppered this month :o Not sure which is the best method for predicting OV yet. Would be grateful to hear your experiences...

Anyway, please add me to the lists - snowscreamer, 29, TTC#1, CD20, assuming 4DPO.

I'm so nervous for this two week wait. Does anyone do anything different lifestyle wise in the 2WW? Alcohol, caffeine, exercise etc? Or is it too early to be a problem and it's only after you've tested positive that all the restrictions start?
    Cleared my credit card debt of £7123.58 in a year using YNAB! Debt free date 04/12/2015.
    Enjoying sending hundreds of pounds a month to savings rather than debt repayment!
  • firebird082
    firebird082 Posts: 577 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 4 October 2016 at 10:27PM
    Options
    Hi Snowscreamer, and welcome! Congratulations on the wedding, and I hope your stay here is short, in the nicest possible way :)

I don't know about others, but Ovia has been pretty bad at predicting my fertile period, but I think it's probably better if you put in confirmed ovulation days (whether from CM, OPKs or anything else). So you never know!

You will probably find that most folk on here, because we have been trying for some time, tend to avoid alcohol during the TWW, just in case. Every little helps, as they say... I also try to avoid taking ibuprofen for my (very bad and on-going) back pain, as there seems to be divided opinions as to whether it damages the egg. But it's your own choice, of course! I had a (small) glass of wine at the weekend in my TWW this time, because I happened to be out at a celebration, but next time I may avoid everything that *could* do any damage. It's probably not a bad idea to get into some good habits now, exercise and alcohol-wise anyway, as it'll stand you in good stead.

I'm sure the others will be along with plenty of other suggestions and comments soon enough.

P.s. I'm on the verge of dropping Ovia entirely, as it really annoys me that it encourages early testing - not good for mental health. It's telling me to test today, at 12 DPO. I haven't! *feels virtuous*
  • snowscreamer
    Options
    Hi firebird082, thanks for the kind welcome :)

So I added my assumed ovulation on Ovia and hopefully that will make it improve its guesses on fertile period from now.

I am already (well, since honeymoon!) reducing alcohol and caffeine to no more than 2 units a couple of times a week / no more than 3 teas / 2 teas and a coffee per day but I think I will struggle to go lower than that without arousing suspicion! As I'm a great wine lover... ;)

Exercise has been a bit reduced in the last few months as I was tied up with our renovation and the wedding. Normally, I'm used to doing regular gym sessions (cardio and weights) plus swimming and Pilates. I had been intending to go straight back into that this week assuming you can exercise as normal during 2WW.

So much to think about...! :eek:
    Cleared my credit card debt of £7123.58 in a year using YNAB! Debt free date 04/12/2015.
    Enjoying sending hundreds of pounds a month to savings rather than debt repayment!
  • newthrift
    newthrift Posts: 1,252 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 5 October 2016 at 2:29PM
    Options
    Two Week Wait (BFP Hopefuls)
    CD21 snowscreamer - 5DPO :cool:
    CD23 ButterflyBabe - 7DPO :cool:
    CD22 LittleMissGiggle - 7DPO :cool:
    CD26 firebird082 - 13DPO :cool:
    "If in doubt - BD" Zone
    CD?? twigpig - Awaiting ov :o
    CD8 athensgeorgia - Awaiting ov :o
    CD11 angel11 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD11 midget_1907 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD12 Milliebob - Awaiting ov :o
    CD20 newthrift - Awaiting ov :o
    CD29 kira000 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD42 easilydistracted - Awaiting ov :o
    CD53 Slinky_Selina - Awaiting ov :o
    CD131 freshstart11 - Awaiting ov :o
    "Wine and Chocolate" zone

Those we haven't heard from in a while
    CD89 LottieLou - :cool:

Those with * sometimes uses conceive plus/preseed.
    The names in blue has a link to their Fertility Friend chart.
    When posting updates, can you please do them in Magenta so it's easy to spot. This thread is all about support, so remember to click thanks on as many posts as you can! It makes us all feel loved.

For those posting on smartphones or tablets the code for magenta is
    ([ )COLOR="magenta"( ] )your text ( [ )/COLOR ( ] ) (lose the round bracket)

Please let me know if anything needs editing (including the zone you are in) and I will try to keep up.

Thread Graduates
    Penguingirl 24/09/16
    april87 22/09/16
    Keekee BFP 21/08/16
    Clarabell1984 BFP 21/7/16
    Cats2012 BFP 9/7/16
    big5 BFP 15/6/16
    sexymouse BFP 4/6/16

VicVics BFP 16/5/16
    MancMama4 BFP 29/4/16
    pinkpetal BFP 24/4/16
    Apple1985 BFP 19/4/16
    Tinks05 BFP 18/4/16
    Christmas is the most magical time of the year :santa2:
    Mum to two boys :heartpuls
  • Rachylou1981
    Options
    I'm feeling sorry for myself as I have relocated halfway across the country to the midlands knowing only OH and feeling lonely, but don't feel up to making Mummy friends, but don't really get to do loads of independent woman stuff as we have little one a lot. I really want step-daughter to make friends but don't want to be around people with little babies or pregnant so feel she's missing out cos of me.

I have told a couple of new friends were trying but am trying to be nonchalant about it, which is feeling more and more like a lie. Plus I have horrible acne and am putting on weight because my pill usually keeps the PCOS symptoms in check. Wow I am feeling sorry for myself, don't like this side of me. Hope others are doing better!

Hey Easilydistracted. I am joining Slimming World tonight to help with my weight control as I've been comfort eating due to my depressive state over the whole TTC. If you feel that your weight is something you want to manage (feel cheeky here but you did mention it in your post :o) then that may be a good way to meet people in a kid-free zone and for you to have something to focus on? :)
  • Rachylou1981
    Options
    Hi firebird082, thanks for the kind welcome :)

So I added my assumed ovulation on Ovia and hopefully that will make it improve its guesses on fertile period from now.

I am already (well, since honeymoon!) reducing alcohol and caffeine to no more than 2 units a couple of times a week / no more than 3 teas / 2 teas and a coffee per day but I think I will struggle to go lower than that without arousing suspicion! As I'm a great wine lover... ;)

Exercise has been a bit reduced in the last few months as I was tied up with our renovation and the wedding. Normally, I'm used to doing regular gym sessions (cardio and weights) plus swimming and Pilates. I had been intending to go straight back into that this week assuming you can exercise as normal during 2WW.

So much to think about...! :eek:

Welcome Snowscreamer and congrats on your recent wedding.

Everyone on here is different and I would definitely advise being at your fittest/healthiest which it sounds like you already are. There is no issue with continuing your exercises in TWW or when you are pregnant.

In terms of giving up or reducing caffeine/wine then I would say this is a bit pointless and unnecessary unless you drink it in excessive amounts. If you take some time getting pregnant then restrictions just make life all the more harder and the wine comes in very very handy (just remember you'll be giving it up for 9 months at least too if you fall pregnant).

The best advice I can give (even though I don't follow it myself) is to relax and try to find other things to focus on before it takes over your life like it can do.

Hope that wasn't too negative :o
  • snowscreamer
    Options
    Hi Rachylou, thanks for your welcome!

I agree that I don't want to change my lifestyle drastically in case it takes a long time. So my self-imposed restrictions on caffeine and alcohol I intend to apply only within the 2WW and will not apply so tightly pre-ovulation (although I don't intend to go crazy - that's not me - my alcohol tolerance is pretty low anyway!).

I'm not intending to get too bogged down in TTC - having lurked for a while I think people seem to be happier when they are only tracking using the lists and are not using OPKs...

On that note, newthrift can you add me to the lists please?
    CD21 snowscreamer - 5DPO
  • LottieLou
    LottieLou Posts: 189 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I am sorry for going awol after posting a few times. I have been going through a horrible time with my nasty neighbour and it's been completely consuming. I also was starting to feel alittle overwhelmed being back here after previous losses. Seing my name on the thread graduates list was my rock bottom.

Please don't add me to any list, but I wanted to check in and say hello & wish you all lots of 2017 babies. It is early days but I got a positive test on Monday. I can't let myself get excited about it, but after 8 months of ttc I hope further down the line I can be �� fingers crossed. Things with my neighbour are still quite stressful so hopefull I can stay chilled.

AO503 I am sorry about the baby bomb �� it's completely crap. It will be your turn to do the baby bombing soon.

I hope everyone has had a good day today and fingers crossed x10 for lots of BFP!!! Xxx
  • angel11
    angel11 Posts: 411 Forumite
    Options
    Lottie a tentative congratulations, & hope everything goes well for you xx

Welcome snow fx your stay here isn't too long. Some people avoid alcohol (& caffeine to a lesser extent) completely as soon as they decide ttc, others wait until they get their bfp, it's all a matter of personal choice and the info out there is a bit contradictory at times. The placenta doesn't form until about week 6, so anything you eat/drink can't pass into the baby's system until about that stage. However, some people say that having a drink can effect your egg quality, and even possibly implantation. Although how much you would need to drink for this to be an issue is anyone's guess. It takes 3 months for your eggs to mature, so probably a good idea to get start all those healthy habits & get in the best shape you can before ttc.

I'm feeling quite anxious & weepy today, & I don't really know why. I'm not overly stressed at work, I'm not worrying too much about ttc (well, no more than usual), nothing much else going on in my life atm that I'm concerned about, & I don't think it's hormonal. Think I might try to have a relaxing night, fx it'll pass soon enough.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback