Official Trying to Conceive - Thread 13

Options

Comments

• A0503
    A0503 Posts: 90 Forumite
    Options
    Welcome snowy! My advice would be too stay relaxed for as long as you possibly possibly can. I am on month 8 and have done various tracking that for me hasn't worked as I'm not preg, and now I'm planning to take the relaxed approach which is really really hard to go back too as much as I want to be relaxed!

Iv started taking royal jelly and l-Argenine, some positive things online. Not doing any tracking this month!

Massive congrats lottie! Youv given me some hope totnigt as I'm on month 8 and can't physically imagine ever seeing a positive pregnancy test so knowing it happens is amazing xx
  • cats2012
    cats2012 Posts: 1,182 Forumite
    Options
    Delurking to say congrats Lottie, tentatively, but everything crossed for you.

Don't forget everyone - I fell on month 14 - it will happen :-)
    Officially Mrs B as of March 2013
    TTC since Apr 2015, baby B born March 2017
  • LittleMissGiggle
    Options
    Morning folks, how are we all today?

I'm wanting to test but know its early still, I'm not hopeful as I think we were slightly out with timings this month but still, you're not out till the witch shows up right?!
  • newthrift
    newthrift Posts: 1,252 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Two Week Wait (BFP Hopefuls)
    CD22 snowscreamer - 6DPO :cool:
    CD24 ButterflyBabe - 8DPO :cool:
    CD23 LittleMissGiggle - 8DPO :cool:
    CD27 firebird082 - 14DPO :cool:
    "If in doubt - BD" Zone
    CD?? twigpig - Awaiting ov :o
    CD9 athensgeorgia - Awaiting ov :o
    CD12 angel11 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD12 midget_1907 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD13 Milliebob - Awaiting ov :o
    CD21 newthrift - Awaiting ov :o
    CD30 kira000 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD43 easilydistracted - Awaiting ov :o
    CD54 Slinky_Selina - Awaiting ov :o
    "Wine and Chocolate" zone

Those we haven't heard from in a while
    CD132 freshstart11 - Awaiting ov :o

Those with * sometimes uses conceive plus/preseed.
    The names in blue has a link to their Fertility Friend chart.
    When posting updates, can you please do them in Magenta so it's easy to spot. This thread is all about support, so remember to click thanks on as many posts as you can! It makes us all feel loved.

For those posting on smartphones or tablets the code for magenta is
    ([ )COLOR="magenta"( ] )your text ( [ )/COLOR ( ] ) (lose the round bracket)

Please let me know if anything needs editing (including the zone you are in) and I will try to keep up.

Thread Graduates
    Penguingirl 24/09/16
    april87 22/09/16
    Keekee BFP 21/08/16
    Clarabell1984 BFP 21/7/16
    Cats2012 BFP 9/7/16
    big5 BFP 15/6/16
    sexymouse BFP 4/6/16

VicVics BFP 16/5/16
    MancMama4 BFP 29/4/16
    pinkpetal BFP 24/4/16
    Apple1985 BFP 19/4/16
    Tinks05 BFP 18/4/16
    Christmas is the most magical time of the year :santa2:
    Mum to two boys :heartpuls
  • easilydistracted
    Options
    Welcome snowy, hope your stay is short.

Thanks for your advice AO503 and Rachylou. Rachylou ironically I think I was rather keen on slimming world a couple of weeks ago and I have done a big fat 0 about it. OH and I are good, I'd had a horrendous week at work. I'm going out quite a bit with a couple of groups at the mo which is fun, unfortunately it has mostly involved eating!

Rachylou how are you doing, you seem a bit cheerier, remember you had a really hard time recently.

Well god knows what's going on with my cycle- two superdrug and one cheapie test negative, although according to cheapy ovulation stick I'm ovulating :D I knew they weren't bothering with given the PCOS! Meanwhile AF appears to be trying to start, then stop. Damn I thought I was regular. Going to try and get some agnes cactus and stop eating!
    Saving for a deposit. £5440 of £11000 saved so far:j
  • angel11
    angel11 Posts: 411 Forumite
    Options
    Easily sorry the witch is messing you around.

Little I know it's hard, but try to hold off testing as long as possible.

Afm, still no sign at all of ov & still feeling quite negative about everything.
  • Rachylou1981
    Options
    Rachylou how are you doing, you seem a bit cheerier, remember you had a really hard time recently.

I am certainly trying my best. I am waiting for my counselling appointment and have been trying to keep myself busy and focussed on other things. Moving house has been a big distraction and certainly more enjoyable than stressful . I have joined Slimming World to manage my weight and so that’s a big focus and hopefully this will help me in my TTC journey too as I am overweight.

I did have a wobble yesterday, someone mentioned 11 weeks until Christmas and I realised that if we fell this cycle, I would be 12 weeks on Christmas Day. This terrified me as my MC started after my scan at 11+3 and I don’t want to go through that again at Christmas (I know someone on here did :(). I know that would be a massive coincidence and I am probably silly for even thinking it (OH thinks I am mad) but it has bothered me. I absolutely love Christmas and so having a dark cloud over me for the first 12 weeks covering that period is going to be really really hard but I don’t want to not try this cycle. I just have to think positive so that is my plan and I guess Christmas is a big distraction if I do fall at that time. Hopefully the counselling will be soon too and will help with my anxiety and fear.
  • Munchkin84
    Munchkin84 Posts: 387 Forumite
    edited 7 October 2016 at 11:52AM
    Options
    How do other people handle baby announcements?
    I've had three expecting announcements and two births this week from people I work with and on Facebook.
    I'm getting fed up, and jealous if I'm honest.
  • Milliebob
    Milliebob Posts: 248 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Put on a brave face and then breakdown when I get home/in the car/on the phone to hubby. It is very, very hard. I've actually started 'unfollowing' people who either announce they are pregnant, or that recently got married just in case they do!
    Happiness can be found in even the darkest of places, if one only remembers to turn on the light - Albus Dumbledore
    Happy Comper since Dec 2013
    Baby #1 Sept 2012
    Wedding 21st May 2015
    TTC Baby #2 since 5/15
  • Rachylou1981
    Options
    Same answer as Milliebob

I am lucky in that most announcements are on Facebook from acquaintances I don't have to face so it's easy to scroll past/ignore/hide.

We have the friends who got married in June this year (I was pregnant at the wedding but no-one knew) who will definitely be trying now as she is older than me and they have made reference to it. I am mentally preparing for it to happen soon but know I will break completely if it does, which makes me feel so selfish :(
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback