We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Sky TV 60% Off Con

Options
124»

Comments

• aralph1
    aralph1 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    OK think I can close this thread now.

I re-negotiated with Sky again, and this time they have put the price back to £18.20 per month, and my old minimum term applies (so ends next Feb). They have also promised to add £25 credit to my account if a price hike appears, but they said £18.20 per month should be the fixed price for the min term. The £4.50 price increase in June won't happen either. I have kept a copy of the transcript this time too.

I kicked off because I felt Sky had broken there agreement which enticed me back. Hopefully this is resolved now, I'll just have to keep an eye my bills from Sky for the min term.

Anyone who takes an offer out with them, try and get an agreement to keep the price fixed - and keep a record. I know there T and C's say they can changed the price, but looks like they can keep it the same too.

*btw I didn't haggle 60% off, £100 credit deal.
    My contract ran out in December and was fully cancelled but they kept sending me offers, a bit like a Dutch auction. It was 25% off, then 50% off, then I finally cracked at 60% £100 credit. My only haggle was I wanted the price fixed for the min term which the advisor agreed, which is why I was so angry at the almost immediate price hike.
    If I waited one more week I could have got the full package, Sports, Movies, and everything in HD for £25 per month.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    aralph1 wrote: »
    OK think I can close this thread now.
    It's still not a "con".

You will now be receiving more than 60% off the (increased) subscription price. This is better than the offer you originally accepted.

Well done on your success, but warning of a "con" when there wasn't one is what caused posters here to disagree with you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport