Options

Comments

• anajames
    anajames Posts: 23 Forumite
    Options
    Around 20 pounds a week or so.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I budget £80 a month, which is for myself & sometimes my daughter, though she tends to sort her n her boyfriend their own stuff, though I buy the cleaning stuff, etc. Tend to come in something under that though, £60 sometimes and this month I am at £32(ish) - its on my signature. I am part of the grocery challenge most months, its here for anyone interested in taking part, you just say your amount and report back spends (if you want to). They have a massive recipe list also at beginning of challenge. http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5630670
  • Blibble
    Blibble Posts: 503 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Anywhere between £20 & £30 in total per week for 22 & 23 y/o adults, depending on how many top-up shops we fall prey to and how much wine we fancy ...
  • harebellsinenfield
    Options
    I budget £200-300 a month for 1-2 adults (I live by myself, but my sister usually stays 2 days a week, OH stays 5 days). £200 out in cash on pay day, £100 in my current account.

I don't really break it down per person, I just roughly try to keep my spend to £30 with the freedom to go higher if someone in the house fancies an indulgent treat.

Anything left over from cash goes into the Christmas tin, anything left over in the current account is siphoned off into savings as a nice little extra payment to the regular savings I make.
  • anamenottaken
    anamenottaken Posts: 4,198 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 29 May 2017 at 7:49PM
    Options
    I live on my own.

So far in 2017 it has worked out that, for food (not other household items), I've spent an average of £1.79/day which has covered a couple of decent restaurant meals in the early part of the year and 11 main courses from my work's kitchen.
    I don't buy much meat these days and almost all by bread is YS reductions. However I am using up stock (like dried pasta and tinned soups) from when there were 2 of us living in the house last year but that would only account for about £1 a week as it's not much.
  • tinyrunner
    Options
    I live on my own, and I spend somewhere between £12 - £18 per week on food (including lunches for work). I normally buy a few varieties of fresh fruit/veg and one type of meat each week - I freeze a lot of meat so meals remain varied.
  • Jb_1982
    Jb_1982 Posts: 68 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Me, the wife and 11mth old = £90/wk
  • I'm_not_going_into
    Options
    Myself and my husband budget £100 per week. That doesn't necessarily always cover toiletries though.
    We do our shopping online with Ocado (I have a severe anxiety anxiety disorder) so going into a supermarket can sometimes be hell.
    We are actually saving money with Ocado than we were with Asda and Tesco (substitutes)!

I have in the last couple of weeks began a 'toilet roll week' or 'butter/coffee' week as these tend to be a little expensive sometimes.

Our cat food is bought from https://www.zooplus.co.uk which is £57.99 for 10kg every 2 months (or so)
  • atrixa
    atrixa Posts: 549 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    When I was shopping predominantly with Sainsburys a few months ago (for one single person) it was between £150-180 per month (who knows where that much was going?!). I switched to the budget supermarkets and now it's around £110 per month.

Probably worth mentioning that this includes lunches and snacks for work and I'm veggie :)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    July was a pretty good month and I spent a touch over £48.00 for the full month's shopping, and still have a good bit of fresh food in the fridge for this month, so plenty of NSD's for me this month ,plus in two weeks time I am away on holiday for a fortnight, so I am using up as much of the stuff indoors as I can anyway :):):)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure