Extending our house without extending ourselves beyond our means

Options

Comments

• Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    PF - i know what you mean about forgetting meals. Funny how easy it can happen.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Sold two more items on fleabay. Two more items have bids. Money moved to savings. Split 3 ways :T both have been posted.

Great news after much too-Ing and fro-ing we have finally got a new mortgage deal. They were just about to change our rate last week when I realised they had published new rates, I cheekily asked if I could have the new one. Overall we've saved £100 a month off repayments and 2 years from term. Additional change in rate saved 9 months of this. I know the BOE reduced the rate yesterday but who really knows whether you've made the right decision until after. With all the info to hand this feels like the best for us now. The savings will go straight to savings too :T

DH got paid today, including overtime. Small Tilly tidy to savings but want to move a chunk to savings too, will think about that amount over the next couple of days. Need to order internal door, were replacing all of them (in time) so going to order two as they're on offer at the moment. Will use cash back site. Have a survey voucher that will towards the handle and I'll load some money to work card for further discount :A

Going to try a broad bean and pork pilaf for tea. Thanks to g00df00d

Right off for a cuppa and a shower and then on with the day. Blimey for a four day week it's taken a long time to get to Friday ;)
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Happy weekend frugal pals.

2 more fleabay sold yesterday, well behaved buyers have paid already so duley wrapped and will be posted today. Money already in savings ;)

Pork and broad bean pilaf nice, although some of the rice was a bit al dente (aka not cooked properly :rotfl:) but it was still edible. Mr PF didn't complain :) One to add to the list as it could be varied so much.

Jamie's macaroni and cauli cheese tonight - a family favourite. Should be even lovelier with my shiny organic cauli :D

£3 also withdrawn from p1nec0ne on its way to me and £8 from £co :T it's all adding up. Hoping my ip0s £10 voucher arrives today so I can put it towards handles I need for new lounge door. If not, not a big issue as I can get it off the next one.

May try and go to fabric warehouse local this weekend and see if I can find some material as seriously swaying back to making the lounge curtains myself. Time to ponder.
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Evening diary :) busy day off work as I had to work the first hour :eek: I *might* wander off for an hour tomorrow to compensate :o

Lovely day with the family:
    Popped to local town to look at bunk beds for DDs, unfortunately they didn't have them on display, but used 2 X hot drink and cake vouchers so DH and I had hot drink and shared a cake, DDs shared other. For nowt :A
    Bought a gift and undies for DD all from respective pots. Money duley moved
    Sold another item in fleabay but they haven't paid yet :mad:
    Got £3 from p1necone in payp8l - moved to savings.

Started saving pot for 2 events we have next summer about a month ago. Already just over 25% saved, this is splitting my money between this and other savings. Am loving it :T can't wait for it to be done so I can be on with the next target.

Builder came tonight. Discussed porch, am happŷ to be moving forward. Getting excited, no planning required so should be able to move quickly. Also confirmed cost for another element of larger extension, we thought he'd omitted it but it was included. Saved about £5k in my head :T

Plummer coming tomorrow about radiators, and door should be delivered too. Still not been to orange diy shop for door hardware, might go tomorrow now voucher here :T hopefully door will be fitted next week and hope they will be able to do radiators before September. Whilst I don't want heating on until November if I can help it, don't want to be without any downstairs radiators for winter if it drags on.

New recipe tonight - spicy root vegetable casserole :T on the list :A lovely, tasty, cheap and leftovers. What more could someone want :) DH asked if I'd accidentally dished myself up all the meat :rotfl:

I used a voucher at mr s on sainsburys, plus didn't realise DH discount was increased and as I walked round with my calculator and list so as not to overspend, I got £66 of shopping for £46 :T going again this week on Thursday before increased discount and last voucher expires. Also got 80'extra points from myc0upons. Must add some more vouchers in for this week.

Must also email waitr0se as they've still not replied to my email about mywaitr0se card that still isn't here after 8 weeks :eek: loosing the will to live with it

Right, off to email while I think about it.
  • Bobarella
    Options
    Some great results today PF.

• PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Thanks bob really feel like I've made progress this week. 2 tradesman have turned up when they said they would, door arrived on schedule and managed to get to orange DIY shop to get door hardware using vouchers :D

Also shifted some stuff, about 10 fleabay items gone in the last week or so, nearly messed up today. Took item to PO, weight 400g but due to length cost was £11:eek: had put £3.00 due to weight. Some g00gling and found myh3rm3s for £2.75. Will see how it goes, process seemed straightforward enough. Also used a massive Jiffy bag to wrap it in that was recycled :D

Submitted meter readings, electric was bit high this month, must keep an eye on that. Gas was a low as ever.

After shaking off a cold last week after a day, it's come back to bite me getting off lightly by rearing its head with avengance today and I've just unashamedly eaten two teaspoons of peanut butter straight out if the tub as I dint have anything to put it on :o hoping the concentrated protein will help me feel better :rotfl:

Made jam tarts with ys pastry today with DDs. Also used end of basics lemon curd jar :T 3 varieties across the 18 I got out of the pack. Hasten to mention there still isn't 18 left :rotfl:

DH car insurance due next month so did a tentative search (with CB for search) - looks like I should get it for under £200, budget is £221 (well that's what I paid last year). If I could get it for £180 I'd be really happy. Normally I'd go for CB, but when I did it last year and our house insurance earlier the year I noticed that if you got a good price on comparison site and then went direct to get CB, the price tended to go up. Not sure if that's a new tactic.

Right off to watch the girls in the olympics :T
  • Bobarella
    Options
    Good one on the ebaying and the My H tip is a good one. I had a bad one the other day selling a hockey goalies helmet. Cost me to send it...

• hugglemonster
    hugglemonster Posts: 1,244 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Wow you are amazing PF, the amount you get done puts me to shame! Brilliant progress on your home renovations, it's always a lottery finding a decent and reliable tradesman.

My plan for the future is to get the shed (brick built) rebuilt to become a storage area with tiled floor, a pitched roof so we can put kayak up across the beams and move the bikes out to another wooden shed so more space for garden and diy stuff plus my mountains of sports equipment! Many other things to do before then and will have to save for the cost as not in the position to add to mortgage.

I had to laugh at you tidying the freezers when you were locked out!

Hope you are feeling a bit better today, keep up the good work.

H X
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Bobarella wrote: »
    Good one on the ebaying and the My H tip is a good one. I had a bad one the other day selling a hockey goalies helmet. Cost me to send it...

Boo, that's rubbish. It seems anything upto small parcel is ok for rm, but anything bigger your best elsewhere. Just tracked my parcel and it's only going from shop I dropped it at to local sorting depot and estimated deliver is sat. I've messaged seller so hopefully it'll be ok.
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Wow you are amazing PF, the amount you get done puts me to shame! Brilliant progress on your home renovations, it's always a lottery finding a decent and reliable tradesman.

My plan for the future is to get the shed (brick built) rebuilt to become a storage area with tiled floor, a pitched roof so we can put kayak up across the beams and move the bikes out to another wooden shed so more space for garden and diy stuff plus my mountains of sports equipment! Many other things to do before then and will have to save for the cost as not in the position to add to mortgage.

I had to laugh at you tidying the freezers when you were locked out!

Hope you are feeling a bit better today, keep up the good work.

H X

Thanks hughlemonster yes feeling much better thanks, just a little sleep deprived :eek:

Your new garage sounds fab. We've just had our loft finished being floored, so loads has gone up there from garage so we can actually move in there now ;) came home yesterday and contents were on patio as DH was moving things round. Looks lovely, plus may now be able to get a couple more things to sell :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback