Comments

• brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Blimey..what are neighbours for eh?
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Secret_Saving_Squirrel
    Options
    Plants in the ground really don't need watering unless they have just been planted. Only pots need watering! And then only with water from the water butt, not out of the tap. Hardcore moneysaving gardening!
    Paid off mortgage nine years early in 2013. Now picking and choosing our work to fit in with the rest of our lives!
    Still thrifty though, after all these years:D
  • There_Is_a_Light
    Options
    To be fair they are paid do other gardening jobs too such as mowing lawn and pruning etc but the watering is mainly of the hanging basket/tub variety. I find it quite a nice task watering my plants in the summer.

I think I need to get a water butt.

I have seen a distance learning tutor job in the field that I work in for 5-10 hours a week working from home. I am torn as to whether to do extra work or use my free time to get the house in order which is still saving money but of course not earning it. I imagine it will be around £10 per hour after tax as most of these roles are. That could be my extra £200 a month, or more to make our 4 year date.

Maybe it's a sign
    Maybe It will be too much on top of my job

Think I will stick my CV in anyway and see what happens.
    "These things take time but I know that I'm the most inept that ever stepped"
    Save £12K in 2016 #150 £12858.59/£14200.00
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    You only need to decide if you are offered it.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    gallygirl wrote: »
    :j:T:j. It's amazing what can be achieved when you put your mind to it. I reckon you could easily knock a few months off that :beer:.

I have seen a distance learning tutor job in the field that I work in for 5-10 hours a week working from home. I am torn as to whether to do extra work or use my free time to get the house in order which is still saving money but of course not earning it. I imagine it will be around £10 per hour after tax as most of these roles are. That could be my extra £200 a month, or more to make our 4 year date.

Maybe it's a sign
    Maybe It will be too much on top of my job

Think I will stick my CV in anyway and see what happens.
    Ahem. I sent you that job :rotfl:. Oh ok, it was the universe working in its 'woo' way :D.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,627 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Yes, agree put your CV in :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Congratulations, Mrs Light, I will be following this thread. I'm new around here, so I haven't seen your earlier posts.

I'm 58 and escaped the job/career nonsense at age 53.5. Financially independent. The feeling of freedom is indescribably wonderful. Go for it!
  • There_Is_a_Light
    Options
    You only need to decide if you are offered it.

Good point, thanks INOD:A

No harm in throwing my hat in the ring and finding out about it.
  • There_Is_a_Light
    Options
    Congratulations, Mrs Light, I will be following this thread. I'm new around here, so I haven't seen your earlier posts.

I'm 58 and escaped the job/career nonsense at age 53.5. Financially independent. The feeling of freedom is indescribably wonderful. Go for it!

Welcome Hattie :)

How fantastic for you to reach FI early. I hope you can share some of your wisdom with me and the rest of the MFW tribe.
  • There_Is_a_Light
    Options
    gallygirl wrote: »
    Ahem. I sent you that job :rotfl:. Oh ok, it was the universe working in its 'woo' way :D.

Cheers for sending that my way gallygirl:beer: I guess it would be kind of a dumb thing to do to ignore the universe:rotfl:

Friday has been earmarked for CV polishing.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport