stray? kitten

Options

Comments

• Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I know this is probably a really daft question but, cat flap? The furry, feline populace seem already to know it is open house... "Vacancies" :)

Please try to convince OH there is no point in worrying. It will not be long now. Is there no point in trying to chase up the vet's? If a place like this can get results back the same day, on a Saturday, yet, I cannot think it needs to take a week but obviously, I do not know your vet's situation.

You are both wonderful people who have made a huge difference to some wonderful, furry people's lives. This is not going to stop. Please, hold this thought, if you think it will, in any way, help.

Best of luck and good night for now.

S x
  • mellymoo74
    mellymoo74 Posts: 6,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Would love a catflap

We are a ground floor maisonette and only have one door, it's a fire door so can't alter it.

Currently trying to train (ha) them to use the window
    They will but the doors more fun
  • Smodlet
    Options
    Didn't think you would have missed such an obvious solution, sorry for daft question.
  • mellymoo74
    Options
    Don't be silly
    No such thing as a daft question.

I'm boil washing stripeys blanket at the moment have swept and mopped
    Had a kitten cuddle (she is silly loving)
    Had a tomcat grump (got a cob on again today)

Washing up doing kitchen floor than work.

OH is bad again at the mo so I am trying g to do everything and when it was gone 8 when you get in from work will be rethinking not certain it's doable.
  • his_missus
    his_missus Posts: 3,363 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Mellymoo, perhaps Stripey just needs a bit more time to feel fully comfortable in his new environment.

I took in a cat from a friend years ago. He was a very nervous cat who spent his first 6 months with us hiding out under the spare bed, only venturing out after much coaxing from me or for food/to use the litter tray. He never took to Hubby no matter how much he tried. We had him for almost 10 years and in all that time he was very jumpy whenever Hubby so much as moved a muscle. He would leave the house and hide outside if ever we had visitors, often not venturing in until long after the guests had gone. The only time he would approach Hubby is if I was out of the house, then he would curl up on his lap and be fussed for hours! He was an odd cat :)

We did wonder whether one of my friend's many gentlemen callers had mistreated him which led to his fear of men and strangers.
  • mellymoo74
    Options
    All the vet said is his back legs and pelvis had been broken and set badly at some point i think car OH has decided nasty people.

He let OH dry him yesterday and really enjoyed it hes very sweet.

Hes a lovely boy he slept most of yesterday before lumbering off.
  • mellymoo74
    Options
    14510fbd-7a25-448d-a33a-95727f3baa04_zpsczekwlzn.jpg

Have little old man picture
  • Smodlet
    Options
    No such thing as a daft question... thank you.

Thinking of you and Stripey, and OH, how is he? Is it results day? I'll be back to see what is happening with Stripey.

Little Dude likes being dried as well. He comes in and shouts until his thick human twigs he has been rained upon.
  • minimad1970
    minimad1970 Posts: 6,157 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I hope everything is ok as there's been no update for a while. I'm enjoying reading about your animals :)
  • mellymoo74
    Options
    Sorry for the delay everone i know you were all worried.

We are right to be.

The vet wants to retest in 6 weeks as he thinks stripey is felv despite it being a negative test.
    He thinks it as stripey has very inflamed gums and his sneezing.
    apparently early symptom look like this and tbe antibodies? Dont always show for awhile.
    so not out of woods.

This morning madam made it clear that she has no desire for him to stay by hissing like a snake every time he moved and adding the growling.

We are all a bit subdued.

Vet said the precautions we have been taken will be enough as my two arent interested in being friends so no grooming etc.

Still might still be ok.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport