stray? kitten

Options

Comments

• mellymoo74
    mellymoo74 Posts: 6,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Stripey has no bottom
    What I mean by this is he has complete muscle wastage and it's just bones.

That's why I think he was dying rather than felv.

He is affectionate as in he rolls round puring and has a good chew on the hand and arm when being stroked. My other 2 do genuinely like to be picked up, it is only by me though so whether they know that's a me love and so allow it or actually like it I don't know.

Pickle seeks it out, tomcat let's me do it and nips nose he doesn't demand it like a king like someone I could mention.
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Very good point, Helcat. There are no guarantees, particularly with the FeLV vaccine, I believe but you can lengthen the odds and, the younger and healthier the tigger, the better the odds, I would imagine.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,714 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Smodlet wrote: »
    I am a firm believer in what Jack London calls "race memory" in The Call of the Wild. No, it is not about cats but one can extrapolate. How else does Dude know to be afraid of the hiss a bottle of fizzy drink makes, if not because he associates it with snakes? All tiggers are descended from the African wild cat, after all. Some have other ancestry as well, for instance, Oriental breeds but most, if not all have African wild tigger among their roots. Dude has never been to Africa and I am fairly certain he has never met a snake, yet he flinches when I open a new bottle of soda water. This is my theory and I'm sticking to it.
    When I took one of my early kittens to the vets she'd never, ever seen a dog before.
    She hissed at every single dog in the waiting room and set them all off barking and howling.
    I had to take her outside until it was her turn.

My first cat had an aversion to the aerosol spray I used to (I think - it was about 40 years ago) de-flea him.

Ever after, if I picked up anything that was remotely shaped like an aerosol can and pointed it in his direction and made a hissing noise (I know, I'm bad :o) he used to choke and gasp as though I'd really sprayed him.

Been enjoying the tales of all the cats and hope Stripey is OK.
  • mellymoo74
    edited 4 July 2016 at 8:50PM
    Options
    Stripey watched me take the dogs out and came in 5 mins after I got them away lol.

He's had chicken and plaque off.
    He no longer chokes due to not being able to breathe when he purrs.
    Gums aren't red any more there a nice pink
    He's eating biscuits as well as wet which he wasn't before
    Breath not stinking.

He's had a big love and has gone to snooze

Madam has had chicken
    2 bowls of food
    A.hiss at tiger
    Stuck her nose in the washing up bowl whilst I was washing up
    Stole a strawberry
    Stiole cream
    Cleaned my leg?
    And now gone out lol
  • Smodlet
    Options
    Not entirely sure she should be eating fruit, Mellymoo. Lisa (Dude's sister) was the same, to an extent; had to try anything and everything that could be considered food! Please remind Princess she is a carnivore, not an omnivore/dustbin as Lisa seemed to think she was. We once found spaghetti thrown up all over the stairs... you had better believe she did not get it from us. Dude and Big, Black B*gger had more sense than to indulge in such "skip diving". The gods know where she got it from, the little alley cat... she was the poshest alley cat known to humankind, that one.
  • mellymoo74
    Options
    She wasnt allowed to eat it smodlet
    we had a fantastic game of chase the kitten round the kitchen and a discussion about stealing.

I am up at 4 so sleep for me
  • Smodlet
    Options
    Excellent, Mellymoo, excellent.
  • mellymoo74
    Options
    Someone had the devil in her this morning

She was playing 'attack the feet from under the writing desk'
    During this game you need to hold your nerve as your human tries out new names on you. You get bonus points if you get them to chase you, and then when you let them catch you, bite their nose.
  • Smodlet
    Options
    I don't suppose desk top ping pong is as much fun but it is easier on the feet. This is where you get a screwed up ball of paper, throw it gently at tigger, who then bats it back at you with a well-placed paw. You (I, at any rate) almost always miss it so have to go and fetch it. It involves a lot of bending and stretching and membership is free.:D
  • mellymoo74
    Options
    20160706_053931_zpsz3z6lf6p.jpg

Today's stripey update
    Not only did we nag me this morning (hungry, hungry, hungry, wanna go OUT)
    Bit we allowed me to pick him up. He is all bones poor lad
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport