My endless dental grief

Options

Comments

• JasonBat
    JasonBat Posts: 1,761 Forumite
    Options
    justme111 wrote: »
    Doesn't it fit scenario though ? ;)

Hey, if I didn't question most things I would not have found out the tooth had a crack. ;)
  • JasonBat
    Options
    But that's the point, whichever method was used , broken rod would be irrelevant !

I see - okay. :A
  • justme111
    justme111 Posts: 3,508 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Questioning is good. Jumping to conclusions thinking bad of people ( "endodontist fobbing you off again", we here being biased , consultant negligent , dentist fitted not the crown needed but onlay ) is not.
    The word "dilemma" comes from Greek where "di" means two and "lemma" means premise. Refers usually to difficult choice between two undesirable options.
    Often people seem to use this word mistakenly where "quandary" would fit better.
  • JasonBat
    Options
    Questioning is good. Jumping to conclusions thinking bad of people ( "endodontist fobbing you off again", we here being biased , consultant negligent , dentist fitted not the crown needed but onlay ) is not.

Agreed. That said, we don't live in a perfect world and there does seem to be some negligence here.

I took the word of my consultant as fact (as you would have expected) and look where that got me. ;)
  • justme111
    Options
    I have commented on you questioning onlay already. You still list it amongst your grievances. Similar explanation may be possible re consultant. Ah well at least endodontist seems to be under no suspicion any more.
    The word "dilemma" comes from Greek where "di" means two and "lemma" means premise. Refers usually to difficult choice between two undesirable options.
    Often people seem to use this word mistakenly where "quandary" would fit better.
  • JasonBat
    edited 21 March 2016 at 9:20PM
    Options
    I have commented on you questioning onlay already. You still list it amongst your grievances. Similar explanation may be possible re consultant. Ah well at least endodontist seems to be under no suspicion any more.

Hey, the Endodontist is the one who made it clear that the tooth should have been fitted with a crown and not an onlay (hence the reason he will not revisit the tooth). You can't have it both ways. ;)
  • justme111
    Options
    You see , here we go again. Dental professionals when they say "crown" mean "inderect resroration wirh full cuspal coverage". They just simplify it for public saying "crown". Exact shape and coverage of that restoration is chosen by whoever does it (order it from the lab)with input of lab technician often. You not having this information are quick to apportion blame.
  • JasonBat
    Options
    You see , here we go again. Dental professionals when they say "crown" mean "inderect resroration wirh full cuspal coverage". They just simplify it for public saying "crown". Exact shape and coverage of that restoration is chosen by whoever does it (order it from the lab)with input of lab technician often. You not having this information are quick to apportion blame.

He, the Endodontist, has seen the onlay and made it clear that it was not the correct restoration. Is he joining the blame game? ;)
  • justme111
    Options
    a) endodontist does not have any more authority than normal dentist in saying what restoration is appropriate
    b) I doubt he explicitly said "onlay is not appropriate". Likely misinterpretation of suspicious mind.
  • JasonBat
    Options
    a) endodontist does not have any more authority than normal dentist in saying what restoration is appropriate
    b) I doubt he explicitly said "onlay is not appropriate". Likely misinterpretation of suspicious mind.

*Cough* A bit rich. ;)

His exact words:

"The x-rays show that the tooth has not been restored with a crown or overlay as it should have been after completion of the root canal treatment. Your general dentist should have advised you of this once it was ruled out that the symptoms were not related to this tooth."
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure