IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

New unexpected ticket

Options

Comments

• old_dinosaur
    Options
    So they rejected my appeal, no surprise, though in virtually every paragraph of one and a half pages came the same words you entered into a contract and so have to pay, despite writing and telling them having seen the notice about 8-9ft up, after I alighted, I told the driver to leave which is what happened, in fact there is a photo of me doing just that!!as it was decided not to enter into their contract. I only saw and had time to read the largest print saying who there were and conditions apply and that enforcement in operation 24 hours. All this in about 16 seconds. Will follow the path of IAS, which will no doubt will also reject appeal. Are they seriously going to take the registered vehicle owner to court over a 16 second stay to allow a partially disabled person to alight from a vehicle.Well maybe!
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Even the IPC/IAS give a driver time to read a sign and then decide. Get on to the IPC web site, copy the paragraphs that say just that and use that in your IAS appeal.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Register intent to appeal to the IAS and come back when you have their response in the form of their supposed 'prima facie case', so we can discuss if there are grounds to continue the IAS appeal. Often there is NO POINT but I am now saying that, on balance, I think registering intent is a good thing, to see their 'evidence' first even if you then ignore.

Do not rush to actually submit an appeal as soon as you see their 'case' from the IAS. Come back here first, when you get that 'prima facie case' drivel from the IAS.

Do not register intent to use the £15 paid-for IAS service! Only the non-binding free version.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • old_dinosaur
    Options
    Thanks Guys Dad and Coupon mad will let you know outcome
  • hoohoo
    hoohoo Posts: 1,717 Forumite
    Options
    Guys_Dad wrote: »
    Even the IPC/IAS give a driver time to read a sign and then decide. Get on to the IPC web site, copy the paragraphs that say just that and use that in your IAS appeal.

Er...not they don't (see umpteen liverpool airport decisions)
    Dedicated to driving up standards in parking
  • old_dinosaur
    Options
    Hi. Have registered intent to appeal yesterday but the IAS have today come back with you now have 10 days to submit your appeal else we'll go on evidence from Parking Company, who have 5 days to submit their evidence so very small window of time to see their evidence and appeal. Have copied relevant paragraphs from IPC site in readiness.
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The operator then has 5 working days to upload their evidence

as of yesterday , so you should have clear site of their reply for at least 24 hrs , then bang your in , just in time

if you are not linked to their reply correctly and quickly , kick off !!
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • old_dinosaur
    Options
    Thanks that's fine but coupon mad suggested I placed their evidence on this site, which doesn't give much time for all you wonderful people to help with the response.
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    sorry I am misunderstanding you

the IPC have now caught on to people wanting to register intent , and see the PPCs case ,

I cannot see the clause that makes them require you to reply within 5 days ,

they are playing poker and hoping you will not formally appeal as you have not seen the PPCs case

I expect them to change the rules shortly , giving the PPC 10 days to show their hand , but you only 5 days

CM , can you comment on my previous post?
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I was only suggesting it so you get to see their evidence. It is most likely you would then not be encouraged by most posters here to actually proceed to appeal. Most IAS appeals are not worth trying as it is such a kangaroo court. This is just likely to be an exercise for you to see the basis of their 'case' which you can then take a screenshot of and keep as part of your records along with all letters and photos.

You will not have access to the IAS sysetm for long but it's unliekly you will be appealing, IMHO. It just makes them show their cards, makes you more informed as to what they might argue later, should they try a claim. UKCPM are not particularly known for being madly litigious and you are more likely to just find yourself in 'ignore the debt collector' mode as covered fully already on this forum.

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure