IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

New unexpected ticket

Options
Hi. Here I am again.
Ticket received yesterday from Parking control management regarding Heath Parade NW9 layby. The driver dropped myself and daughter off on our way to Hendon Police passing out parade as I have some mobility issues. We do not know the area and as the main road had yellow lines this was the first place to drop off. A lorry was parked in the layby, as was a blue car, possibly the attendant's, we stopped between the two and there was no signage on a post, the photo sent shows it about 8 ft up on the wall, which we didnt see from the road let alone could we read unless we had stopped and got out. The letter received shows 2 photos of the car with the time scale missing, it's only when you go on their website that you can see the time, a matter of seconds from 11.11.31 when the vehicle was stopped, not parked, as engine continued to run, before driver pulled away at 11.11.33. totally back on the highway at 11.11.48! Guessing the attendant was within the people at the side of the lorry, as photos taken at ground level. He would have seen the mobility issues I have with my walking, as have a pronounced limp. Too busy clicking away with camera as 5 photos taken of the car and 2 of signage, still can't read small print from their photos. So £100 reduced if pay early to £60 for maximum 17 seconds wow wouldn't I like to earn that amount! Ofcourse we'll appeal but guessing rejection will be swift. Last time we ignored big mistake with Parking Eye, but eventually got off by contacting land owner. So please has anyone had dealing with PCM and especially with this site to offer advice.Who is the land owner as layby appears to be part of the highway. Thanks for any help with this. Not only has this spoil our lovely day at Hendon but also pcn arrived on a special birthday!!

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    unable to read that great wall of text caused by a faulty RETURN key on your keyboard, but all the answers you need except the landowners details are in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread at the top of this forum

(I now press the RETURN key)

UK Car Park Management Ltd

01/10/2015
    www.uk-cpm.com

from the IPC website, so these are "dark-side" members and as they are all scumpanies it doesnt really matter what dealings others have had with them , they are likely to refuse any appeal and the IAS is a kangaroo court so will refuse your appeal if you make one too

cant help on landowner issues, try GOOGLE , try the LAND REGISTRY
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 18 March 2016 at 4:15PM
    Options
    Hi. Here I am again.

Ticket received yesterday from Parking control management regarding Heath Parade NW9 layby.

The driver dropped myself and daughter off on our way to Hendon Police passing out parade as I have some mobility issues.

We do not know the area and as the main road had yellow lines this was the first place to drop off. A lorry was parked in the layby, as was a blue car, possibly the attendant's, we stopped between the two and there was no signage on a post, the photo sent shows it about 8 ft up on the wall, which we didnt see from the road let alone could we read unless we had stopped and got out.

The letter received shows 2 photos of the car with the time scale missing, it's only when you go on their website that you can see the time, a matter of seconds from 11.11.31 when the vehicle was stopped, not parked, as engine continued to run, before driver pulled away at 11.11.33. totally back on the highway at 11.11.48!

Guessing the attendant was within the people at the side of the lorry, as photos taken at ground level. He would have seen the mobility issues I have with my walking, as have a pronounced limp.

Too busy clicking away with camera as 5 photos taken of the car and 2 of signage, still can't read small print from their photos.

So £100 reduced if pay early to £60 for maximum 17 seconds wow wouldn't I like to earn that amount! Ofcourse we'll appeal but guessing rejection will be swift.

Last time we ignored big mistake with Parking Eye, but eventually got off by contacting land owner. So please has anyone had dealing with PCM and especially with this site to offer advice.Who is the land owner as layby appears to be part of the highway.

Thanks for any help with this. Not only has this spoil our lovely day at Hendon but also pcn arrived on a special birthday!!

Happy Birthday from us then!

I've separated out the paragraphs as we could not read a wall of text.

PCM are chancers, ex-clampers and with the IPC so you could send a robust appeal of questions and also show proof of your mobility issues as 'an occupant of the car'. I would not say who was driving but that you were an occupant of the car and are disabled and the car left as soon as the signage could be seen (any terms were completely obscured and blocked by the van anyway). No contract was accepted..blah blah...add the questions shown in the NEWBIES FAQS thread.

Send something even though we KNOW they will reject it. Better than ignoring.

And Google the place to find out who to complain to - the landowner/managing agent of the site - about this scam. PCM, their agents, may have deliberately blocked the signs from view. You need to know this won't just go away but is highly likely not to go to small claims either (and is defendable and very different from the Beavis case). Most llikely you will get begging debt collector drivel for months unless you can get the landowner to quash it due to the unfair business practices of their agent.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • old_dinosaur
    Options
    Thank you to all responders.Have decided before writing to PCM, as nigh on waste of paper and stamp, that I'll go to the CEO's of Sainsburys and Genesis Housing as one of them must be employing PCM to oversee and ticket anyone who so much as places a wheel nut in their layby, as it says for commercial use, so am guessing more likely Sainsburys, though there is a pharmacy in the same parade and maybe others that I can't see from google. Will see what happens then will appeal if negative response from these two.
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 19 March 2016 at 11:08PM
    Options
    Check the appeal time limit though. If this is PCM I think they only give 21 days and you have to post an appeal (I think?) so you'd need to be making your mind up soon to send some response as 'keeper' this month, especially bearing in mind the long Bank Holiday Easter weekend.
  • old_dinosaur
    Options
    Thanks Coupon-mad
    Quote from charge letter dated notice given 18/3/2016 representations must reach us by not later than the last day of the period of 28 days beginning with the day after the date on which this notice is given.
    Calculate 15th April last day.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    OK, thanks for clarifying, you have time then and as you will have read, they will reject the appeal which is only done to show them you are not ignoring it and are not a victim who hasn't a clue.
  • old_dinosaur
    Options
    Hi all
    Have still to determine who "owns" the layby adjacent to the highway as looks like Sainsburys as their plans lodged with Barnet Council show their store side entrance located by the loading bay layby. Have now opened a case with them online and now am writing to PCM. If anyone knows the landowner who employs PCM to hassle anyone who stops even for a few seconds please let me know.
  • old_dinosaur
    Options
    Only response from Sainsburys is to open a case number!! May have to phone CEO!!
    Letter with representations ready for posting thanks to help on this site.
    Somewhere it said to send copy to DVLA who do I send it to as they are such an immense body and is there a point to doing this? As more postage involved.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    You can email the DVLA if you have a valid complaint about a PPC getting your data when the place isn't properly signed or appears to be public highway etc. as you said the layby appears to be.

david.dunford@dvla.gsi.gov.uk

He might tell you to complain to the IPC first, which is always pointless...but if you think this is not private land then you can certainly complain.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure