Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Options

Comments

• onomatopoeia99
    Options
    You are not being overly sensitive, taking the whole sofa when there is only one other comfy place to sit is not very considerate IMO.
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    Options
    Yep, that's just rude Iz (her, not you!) I can understand both you and IzHe want her to feel comfortable (and she clearly does) but there are limits. If IzHe doesn't think it's an issue, and you don't want to cause any problems, then he should be the one without a seat and you should get first dibs on the comfy chair.
  • Georgiegirl256
    Options
    Yes, she is being rude Iz. Surely she can see that it leaves nowhere for you to sit? I wouldn't be able to help myself, and I'd be like "shift up!" Fair enough, on my own couch I put my feet up and slouch about, but I'd never dream of doing it at anyone else's house as it's rude.
  • Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thank you, I'm glad I'm not just being an unnecessary fusspot.

It's partly my own fault because I've always just sat at the dining table, which is in the living room, rather than ask her to move but I was so tired last night that the thought of not being able to curl up in my chair was more than I could take.
    I wouldn't be able to help myself, and I'd be like "shift up!"

That's pretty much what I asked IzHe to do :D
    I think his main reason for not seeing the issue was that he couldn't understand why I didn't tell her myself to budge up and let me sit down but I would've felt like I was being rude. He was very good and did it for me though so we all managed to spend the evening sitting comfortably :)
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,824 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Do you need one with that big a drum Calley? You could get a 7 or 8kg for a lot cheaper.

GG, I don't need one that big but would like one that size. As there things that do need to be washed that really do not fit in my current machine. Duvets, Bed spreads etc All the cheaper ones in a smaller size were brands I had never heard of or brands that I rightly or wrongly think are rubbish.

And as I said my is a zanussi 6kg and has lasted 10/11 years and I paid about £275 for it. So I have had my moneys worth out of it.

Izadora wrote: »
    Calley, I know it's really not going to help at the moment but please try to remember that it really is him not you and you're still every bit as lovely as he made you feel when it was going well.

Izzy, I know. But as I said it seemed to be going ok until he had dealings with his ex. He made the mistake of telling her he was seeing someone and she has a go at him. And after that he seemed to doubt everything about himself. He admitted he had not been that so well treated in a long time!!!

I played it cool and made no fuss about anything even when working away. Seems his ex took him for everything that she could. Got him to do everything for her and took his money. Basically used him. Don't get it, seems that woman that are b1tches seem to get what they want when they want. And when the blokes finally leave and meet someone who is nice and kind, guess what we get nothing!!! I know that is not really true but just the way it feels at the moment.

Well before I order anything going to try and have another go at fixing the machine I have. Running it through a cycle without anything in it. And going to sit in the kitchen and watch and see what happens. Yay!!!!! what exciting life I lead. Think I should have chosen a shorter cycle :rotfl:

Anyway hugs and squishes and handshakes all around. Just feel the need for some human contact today. So will be in the fort with jaffa cakes so come and see me.

Yours

Calley
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • tea_lover
    Options
    Budge up calley, I will sit and watch your washing machine with you. We can eat Jaffa cakes and put the world to rights.

Having been on the other side as it were (the ex in this sort of situation), I can safely say that what you're being told about her is probably not that accurate. It's always easier to paint the one who isn't part of the conversation as the bad guy. Whether that's her when he's talking to you, or you when he's talking to her. One thing that does seem to follow the same pattern is that it's never the guy's fault in their head!

Bleugh.... ignore me.
  • Georgiegirl256
    Options
    Shift up you two, I bring French Fancies! We were talking about them the other day and remembering when we had them when we were little! The book I bought Great British Tuck Shop set us off reminiscing! Hedgehog flavour crisps anyone? :p

My washing machine is on it's second load of the day. Just put the towels out, and it's not as warm as I thought it would be, where's this heat wave at?
  • calleyw
    Options
    tea_lover wrote: »
    Budge up calley, I will sit and watch your washing machine with you. We can eat Jaffa cakes and put the world to rights.

OK . They are on offer in Tescos at the moment half price Yay!!!!

Having been on the other side as it were (the ex in this sort of situation), I can safely say that what you're being told about her is probably not that accurate. It's always easier to paint the one who isn't part of the conversation as the bad guy. Whether that's her when he's talking to you, or you when he's talking to her. One thing that does seem to follow the same pattern is that it's never the guy's fault in their head!

Bleugh.... ignore me.

I know there are two side to every story. But after he had seen her and she had a go at him. I went to his place to see him and I thought someone had died. He looked that bad. I know everyone makes it sound that much worse when they split up to make them feel better about themselves and they made the right decision.

I personally never did with my husband as I know he was hard work. But I was the one who had turned in to a horrible person. And did not like the person I had become. I was and am very happy to admit that to anyone.

Well machine is still going with nothing in after 45 mins!!!! Maybe its allergic to the clothes I am putting in it:rotfl:

Yours

Calley

• tea_lover
    Options
    It does sound like he rushed into things a bit and just wasn't ready to move on. For him to be that upset by her reaction there must be feelings involved still. Which is horrible for you and very unfair :(.

Sweeping generalisation alert (you may wish to avert your eyes ono :o).... why can't men just work out what they want before they mess up lots of other people in the process?! Would make life so much more simple.
  • calleyw
    Options
    It does sound like he rushed into things a bit and just wasn't ready to move on. For him to be that upset by her reaction there must be feelings involved still. Which is horrible for you and very unfair :(.

Sweeping generalisation alert (you may wish to avert your eyes ono :o).... why can't men just work out what they want before they mess up lots of other people in the process?! Would make life so much more simple.

Funny how some can move on before they even leave someone or virtually straight after. I know it was unfair on me and exactly what my previous ex did to me. Thought he was ready so rather than say look lets take it really slow because I am not sure. Nope.

And now with lego man. If had a been a few weeks and he gone off on a wobbly then fine. I know 3 months is not a long time. But he would text me everyday numerous times. He said when I had not seen him when he worked away that he had really missed me. I told him that I did not want to put a name on it so not rush or push it in anyway.

Tea, I don't think its just men. I think everyone needs to do the decent thing and know what they want before they hurt someone else.

I don't hate him or anything. Still think he is a great guy with lots of good qualities. he treated me well when we together. just disappointed and hurt.

I am going to take a hammer to my washing machine its seems to working properly now. Its gone through the wash cycle and now on the rinse cycle!!! I think it must be female and its TOTM :rotfl:

Yours

calley

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport