Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Options

Comments

• Amberkitten5
    Options
    ((((((Torry))))))

Just earlier today I was thinking of you, I had been visiting my grandchildren who live halfway between you and I and on the way home I was thinking of my own grandmother who shared her birthday with your husband. She died one week before her birthday and hearing Christmas songs from that year on the radio each year remind me of both good and sad times.
    However, as I thought of her I remembered you - you live in my home town and your user name describes my grandmother - she was from a fishing family. I thought when I get home and log on to MSE I must come on this thread and wish Torry well and let her know she is remembered. So it was a lovely surprise to log on and find you had been here just a wee while ago.

Sending kind gentle thoughts and hugs to Torry and everyone else on the thread.
  • Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,838 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Hugs to you, Torry. I know birthdays are especially painful, but it's very sad that you were alone all over Christmas. ((((())))) I am biting my lips because I don't think it's helpful to you at the moment if I make suggestions, but this post does come with very very best wishes for the new decade. xxx
    ((((((Torry))))))

Just earlier today I was thinking of you, I had been visiting my grandchildren who live halfway between you and I and on the way home I was thinking of my own grandmother who shared her birthday with your husband. She died one week before her birthday and hearing Christmas songs from that year on the radio each year remind me of both good and sad times.
    However, as I thought of her I remembered you - you live in my home town and your user name describes my grandmother - she was from a fishing family. I thought when I get home and log on to MSE I must come on this thread and wish Torry well and let her know she is remembered. So it was a lovely surprise to log on and find you had been here just a wee while ago.

Sending kind gentle thoughts and hugs to Torry and everyone else on the thread.

Thanks to both of you. I'm crying now that strangers care.
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • Waves_and_Smiles
    Options
    Torry, it so good to hear from you. I have missed you and you have been in my thoughts over the holidays. You know I am always here for you, we all are. Gentle hugs my dear friend.
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,824 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Evening my lovelies,

Nothing has changed with me still tired all the time. But hey ho.

Just wanted to wish everyone happy new year before I go out.

Everyone take care and get some rest.

Yours

Calley x
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • Waves_and_Smiles
    Waves_and_Smiles Posts: 5,263 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 31 December 2019 at 10:57PM
    Options
    I hope that the new year brings peace and contentment for you all, happiness would also be great but contentment and stability will do. I will think of you all at midnight and send good wishes and love. Remember, you are all enough just the way you are.
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • katsu
    katsu Posts: 4,950 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Glad to hear WaSP is doing mostly well and I wish you all the very best for your health and his WaS.

Great to see how supportive this thread is.

Best wishes to everyone for 2020.
    Debt at highest: £8k. Debt Free 31/12/2009. Original MFD May 2036, MF Dec 2018.
  • Amberkitten5
    Options
    ((((((Torry Quine)))))) - Thinking of you today.
  • Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,838 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    ((((((Torry Quine)))))) - Thinking of you today.

If I could thank you more than once I would.

It's hard to believe it's been two long years but feels like it just happened. I can't accept I won't see him again, hear his voice or feel his touch.

Mostly people forgot the day.

I'm totally fed up of platitudes from people who think I should be over my grief.

I finally had my appointment with the psychologist yesterday which was exhausting.
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If I could thank you more than once I would.

It's hard to believe it's been two long years but feels like it just happened. I can't accept I won't see him again, hear his voice or feel his touch.

Mostly people forgot the day.

I'm totally fed up of platitudes from people who think I should be over my grief.

I finally had my appointment with the psychologist yesterday which was exhausting.

You never 'get over' your grief.

It becomes part of your life.

Hope your appointment helped a little.
  • Waves_and_Smiles
    Options
    Thinking of you Torry, as always. xxx

Just thought I'd leave a little update.

My exploratory surgery was cancelled because I was too anaemic to have the surgery to discover why I am anaemic! However, it is now back on for the 18th February at a bigger, better equppied hospital. Things have changed a little and they are now looking at having a look around my uterus, taking a womb biopsy, generally cleaning me up inside and then fitting a Mirena Coil. I also had a mammogram yesterday to eliminate breast cancer. They are really covering all bases, my Cervical Smear Test came back fine so that's one thing eliminated. if it isn't cancer we may be looking at a bone marrow biopsy because the other possibility is some kind of bone marrow problem. Possibly. No one really knows for sure so my consultant seems to be in a process of elimination of just about everything.

My blood results are still showing severe anaemia, high white blood cells, high red blood cells, liver damage and very high inflammation and my tumour markers are borderline. I still feel absolutely fine with no symptoms from any of this at all. Other than general confusion about what on earth I've got!

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback