Options

Comments

• Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    TamsinC wrote: »
    Yes she is, and in therapy

How are you getting on with her at the moment. Is she compliant?

I think one of the worst aspects of this illness is how it affects the people around the sufferer. It really strains relationships, doesn't it?

Unlike a physical illness, it's very hard to live with for any length of time. :A Let alone if the personalities concern clash at the best of times. :A

Does she respond to being cuddled?
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• jobbingmusician
    jobbingmusician Posts: 20,343 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    OMG loads of cuddles for WaSP. Sending good dispersal thoughts his way! xxxxxx

Also good thoughts for you as I know it can be difficult living with someone in a lot of pain :(
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,839 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    WaS Hope he soon gets better. It's not easy.
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • Pyxis
    Options
    OMG loads of cuddles for WaSP. Sending good dispersal thoughts his way! xxxxxx

Also good thoughts for you as I know it can be difficult living with someone in a lot of pain :(

That's a good idea!

Collectively we could all imagine the clot gradually melting away and dispersing as a harmless solution.

Stranger things have happened! The power of collective thought is supposed to be huge.

I won't call it prayer, though some people would see it as that. You could call it collective willing.

Hi, Torry.....have a hug. ((((((((((Torry))))))))))))
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox

• Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,839 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    My head hurts and I feel sick.

Stressful day yesterday and got the form in for voting. Awful with just my name.

My dad is waiting for an operation and is worrying about me.
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • jobbingmusician
    jobbingmusician Posts: 20,343 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Hugs, Torry. And lots of positive thoughts beaming towards your dad. xxx
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • TamsinC
    TamsinC Posts: 625 Forumite
    edited 5 July 2018 at 12:32PM
    Options
    Could I ask for some good thoughts for WaSp please? (that is my partner for those not familiar with that name). He has a deep vein thrombosis in his thigh between the femoral artery and the vein below it. They do not want to risk surgery so he is on strong blood thinners and we are hoping it will disperse. He is in an awful lot of pain. Thank you all.

Many thoughts for WaSp - I had two DVTs - not nice - hope the thinner s work. Once it's gone see if you can get physio on it. I never did and my arm (I had the clots in my armpit) has never regained the strength I once had.
    Pyxis wrote: »
    How are you getting on with her at the moment. Is she compliant? She is slowly compliant - I have to drip feed info and suggestions and let her think about them etc. She often goes off line the moment I message her and then comes back 1/2 an hour later when she has calmed down - she won't talk on the phone as she ends up crying

I think one of the worst aspects of this illness is how it affects the people around the sufferer. It really strains relationships, doesn't it? It does indeed

Unlike a physical illness, it's very hard to live with for any length of time. :A Let alone if the personalities concern clash at the best of times. :A

Does she respond to being cuddled? I am only just now, after 8 years, allowed to touch her. (teenage years were hell) Sometimes I can cuddle her, sometimes not - she never responds back but I stop if she stiffens. I still do it if allowed.

Many hugs for Torry too - I cannot imagine how hard it is for you at the moment ((((()))))
    “Isn't this enough? Just this world? Just this beautiful, complex
    Wonderfully unfathomable, natural world” Tim Minchin
  • Pyxis
    Options
    Tamsin, you are doing what you can.
    You are sensitive to her mood and her body language, and not just steaming in with the big guns, which is great.

It may sound trite, but ensuring she gets good food, and drinks enough water etc., will help too, as that will help the brain too.

Have you read about the effects of gut probiotics on brain function? It's very interesting. I believe it can help with mood and some mental illness too, believe it or not.
    Obviously, it's not a short-term thing, but might be worth looking into.

I have been taking good probiotics for a couple of years, and more recently have started drinking kefir water (not the milk-based one, which I didn't like).

I'm sure you've looked into it, but it is worth noting the side effects associated with the medications she is taking. Sometimes they are surprising.
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    So....i lasted 4 hours at work.Got to the point where i felt unsteady on my feet, spaced out and couldnt understand what customers were saying so got sent home early. Have taken the decision to call in sick tomorrow and saturday whilst my body and brain adjust to the medication and side effects.Feel like such a failure but i just couldn't cope with feeling so bad. :( probably going to get a disciplnery when i get back. Bu i'll just have to deal with it. Going to Swains tomorrow for some love and much needed TLC.
  • Pyxis
    edited 6 July 2018 at 6:55AM
    Options
    You'll be ok, MessedUp. You've had blips before and come through them, and your work are very understanding and supportive, I believe. :A

Just one thing that does concern me a bit, though. Am I right in thinking that these blips seem to occur when you run out of your meds, or decide not to take some for some reason?

Correct me if I'm wrong.....I think you mentioned running out in your post. That worries me bit. I am wondering why you might run out?

Is there any way that that could be remedied? I know from experience that it is easy to forget these things, especially when busy, and when you are very 'up' it's so easy to think that the meds might not be important or needed, and so it lapses.

And then the 'downs' come. :(

I don't know what your current system of repeat prescription is like, but it might be worth discussing with your pharmacist if there is a better system for you, so that you don't begin skipping doses?

Whatt do you currently do about repeats?

Hugs to Torry and Tamsin.

bj11.gifbj11.gif
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure