IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Aldi NPE parking fine

Options
ulkac1986
ulkac1986 Posts: 5 Forumite
edited 16 February 2016 at 2:45PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Hello,

I parked my car at Aldi supermarket in the blue bay (The Heartsease Pub parking) for 10 min back in August 2015. I received ticket and ignored it ( I read old threads which advised to don't bother to appeal). I've now got a letters from Debt Recovery companies posted to me on average once a month.

After reading newbies info I know I shouldn't ignore this parking ticket in the first place. I would like to take care of this case. What should I do now? I guess just because I haven't appealed I need to pay the fee.

Thank you.

Comments

• pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Post Four of the Newbies Sticky deals with DRP in detail. :)
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,389 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 16 February 2016 at 10:04PM
    Options
    ulkac1986 wrote: »
    Hello,

I parked my car at Aldi supermarket in the blue bay (The Heartsease Pub parking) for 10 min back in August 2015. I received ticket and ignored it ( I read old threads which advised to don't bother to appeal). I've now got a letters from Debt Recovery companies posted to me on average once a month.

After reading newbies info I know I shouldn't ignore this parking ticket in the first place. I would like to take care of this case. What should I do now? I guess just because I haven't appealed I need to pay the fee.

Thank you.

Most definitely not. NPE were BPA members in August 2015. Whilst you have missed the appeal deadline, EU legislation came in last year stating that alternative dispute resolution should be made available to consumers up to a year after the event.

So, I suggest you send the BPA template in blue from the NEWBIES anyway.

Post 4 of the NEWBIES thread tells you why it is OK to ignore debt collectors.

Please also read this and sign the e-petition. Tell all your friends and family to come here if they get a ticket, and encourage them to sign the petition as well.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5365003
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • ulkac1986
    Options
    Thank you for quick reply, I am new to this website. How can I locate this post?
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,568 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    the newbie thread is here ...

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

good luck

Ralph:cool:
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,389 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ulkac1986 wrote: »
    Thank you for quick reply, I am new to this website. How can I locate this post?

Use the Forum Jump button just down from the top right of this screen.

You should have seen the NEWBIES thread when you started this topic as it is just underneath where you clicked on New Thread.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,228 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    NPE were members of the BPA up to 30th November 2015.
  • ulkac1986
    ulkac1986 Posts: 5 Forumite
    edited 16 February 2016 at 3:40PM
    Options
    Once again thank you for all your comments and instructions. I will read newbies posts as advised and appeal, good to know it's not too late :)
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,037 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 16 February 2016 at 7:53PM
    Options
    It is too late to appeal. You must just ignore the Debt Recovery letters because you missed the chance to appeal and win at POPLA.

We are telling you NOT to pay these scumbags. We are telling you to ignore the debt collector letter chain:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

Read the Sticky thread post #4 about 'ignore the debt collectors' stage which gives you information and links showing the letters:

**NEWBIES!! PRIVATE PARKING TICKET? OLD OR NEW? **READ THESE FAQS FIRST!** Thankyou!

and also:

READ THIS BEFORE YOU START A NEW THREAD ABOUT ROSSENDALES or DEBT RECOVERY PLUS!

Search the forum for 'NPE Norwich' to find other recent threads about them; there is a Heartsease pub one on here already so you could send a pm to that poster to compare notes and ignore the letters together (unless you both get a court claim - rare!). Read the advice on other NPE threads as if it was for you, except that in your case you could have won at POPLA but missed the deadline by reading very old threads, which is always astonishing for us to read about.

But that doesn't mean you pay these scumbags because that would be funding the next PCN and perpetuating this scam against the next vulnerable victim who will have no appeal open to them either because NPE hopped to the IPC now (so all new PCNs from them since the date Castle mentioned, can't be realisitically appealed anyway).

Basically you are arguably in a better position than someone who gets one now because NPE in the specific name on your PCN doesn't exist now and would be easier to defend in some ways if it went to court...very rare...NPE are ex-clampers of little brain.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,037 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 17 February 2016 at 5:45PM
    Options
    It's irrelevant and would shoot you in the foot, as the whole point of the restriction is that Aldi customers are NOT ALLOWED in those Heartsease pub bays (they are badly marked of course and a scamera is trained directly at them).

Have you found all the other NPE threads by searching the forum for 'NPE Norwich' like I suggested? Loads here!

This one wouldn't come up because this person hasn't used the word 'Norwich' but as it's only on page two I assume you have read the first few pages of the forum already, as you would when looking for similar stuff on any forum:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5413124

Anyway tons more when you search. No point telling us about the tedious letters you'll get (please spare us, it is THAT bad, THAT common!). Please read all the links already provided, we don't need to discuss debt collector letters ever again on this forum as it's all here already.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • ulkac1986
    Options
    I haven't given away the driver name. In my case it's too late to appeal, so it's a waiting game now to see if I will be taken to Court withing 6 years of the event. Do you know anyone taken to Court? What is the fine?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure