IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Aldi NPE parking fine

Options
2»

Comments

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,462 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 17 February 2016 at 10:42AM
    Options
    ulkac1986 wrote: »
    I haven't given away the driver name. In my case it's too late to appeal, so it's a waiting game now to see if I will be taken to Court withing 6 years of the event. Do you know anyone taken to Court? What is the fine?

About ninety quid in your favour (expenses) if you challenge it properly with help from here and win.
    I still think you should appeal even though it is out of (their) time as it makes you look reasonable and them not so if they ever did take you to court. It's a simple cut and paste and send, so you have nothing to lose.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,959 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 19 February 2016 at 4:23PM
    Options
    ulkac1986 wrote: »
    I haven't given away the driver name. In my case it's too late to appeal, so it's a waiting game now to see if I will be taken to Court withing 6 years of the event. Do you know anyone taken to Court? What is the fine?

It's not a fine because it's not a criminal court. It would be like Judge Rinder with a person for the company saying you owe them money and you saying why not. They are now called 'National' not 'Norfolk' but are small fry ex-clampers:

https://bmpa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203660541-Knightshield-Security-Ltd-t-as-National-Parking-Enforcement

I've never known NPE try a small claim, and my memory for parking case claims goes back over five years (I used to maintain a thread of claims that we knew about for years). If anyone here knows differently they'll say so because some posters here get 'parking case' court listings every day - but I doubt this bunch has tried. This is the scumbags you are dealing with:

http://www.norwichgreenparty.org/assets/files/localparties/norwich/private-parking.pdf

Some Local Councillors are not enamoured with them!

You could complain to your MP and ask them to add weight to the proposed cracking down on this 'industry':

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5395333

I wouldn't be concerned, in your shoes. You'll get letters. Keep them/ignore them unless they try a small claim in which case, come back here.

HTH.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • ulkac1986
    Options
    Thank for shading a light on my situation. I hope I won't have to refer back here with a small claim case :)
  • Grimble
    Grimble Posts: 455 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Since he moved to IPC I have seen on another site that Gladstones had written to them, not sure if it was debt collecting or LBC.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Everyone is politely asked to read up on this in the Newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum before starting a new thread

After reading up on this if you need more advice then you need to start your own thread and not hijack someone else's like this
  • AllNancy
    AllNancy Posts: 284 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Apologies. I assume the smack on the wrist was for me. My intention was not to hijack but to seek help for a friend and not having posted for a while and being 79 I couldn't find the new thread. Silly really but there you go. A kinder reminder might have been more appropriate.I have removed the post and now I will remove myself. Thank you.
    Nancy 16 Membership No 147
    BR 21st.May 2008.......Discharged November 2008
    :j...so what?....... It's Life!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business