Getting a mortgage and then becoming mortgage-free!

Options

Comments

• Kittenkirst
    Kittenkirst Posts: 2,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yes definitely fusion food- we are the height of of food fashion over here :D

Gf is away tonight with work so helped the parents with cashing up, now haggis, potatoes and swede are on for supper tonight, with parsnip & apple soup bubbling on the stove. Washing is also on and have sorted through a few pairs of shoes for charity shop/eBay and the bin so I'm feeling rather productive!

Off for visit with supplier tomorrow and lunch should be provided however not sure what this will be like...emergency wotsits & coco pops bar are already in the car and will take a coffee in travel mug for journey. Will potentially have a Starbucks dependent on traffic and he quality of lunch provided ;P

Off out for dinner tomorrow with friends that's been booked in for two months...really looking forward to it and have budgeted £25 but hoping to come in under that! :D
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • Kittenkirst
    Options
    Today I also took two items of clothes bought yesterday back (£12 refund) and spent a little from the weekly grocery budget £4.18. We should only need to buy some turkey mince and sweet potatoes this week as have friends over on Saturday for dinner who are on a very strict gym/diet regime...will make a turkey shepards pie with sweet potato topping.

Picked up a celeriac ys today too so will see if can add some of that to the topping :)

Need to wash the pots up and put the washing on the dryer....will just watch one episode of Penny Dreadful and get back to it.
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • Kittenkirst
    Options
    Updated signature to reflect the cashback and Tilly Tidies over the past week and now at £38.85 for this month

Not quite where we need to be for the year target (£180/month to hit £2150) but it is all helping.
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,899 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    You sound really organised Kittenkirst!
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• Kittenkirst
    Options
    Evening all, I was certainly on a mission last night!

Today's meeting went well, lunch that was provided was lovely- lovely sandwiches & cakes with lots of coffee. I ate some shredded wheat (dry) on the drive to Stratford, rather than stopping for a pastry.
    Ordered a Starbucks drive thri on the way there and the coffee was really awful (I'm a creature of habit so know it was not made right), may email them to complain as they aren't a cheap beverage!

Other than that no spends today :) just home so put the bins out for the mortgage, put washing away and some dishes that dried from doing pots last night.

Off out tonight for dinner with two lovely couples to a fabulous burger place in town...quite excited, just waiting for gf to get back from Scotland before we head out.

Moved 0.64 across to mortgage just now as more funds have moved today in the joint account.
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,899 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    . I ate some shredded wheat (dry)

:eek::eek: Wasn't it like eating splinters?!

Sounds like a good night ahead planned - I wish I had your social life :) (not that I have the energy for it!)

Definitely complain to Starbucks - as you say, it's not cheap, and you've got nothing to lose (and maybe a freebie to gain!) :D
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• Kittenkirst
    edited 27 January 2017 at 2:26PM
    Options
    The shredded wheat was a bit like eating splinters Themadvix but I was hungry so it had to do!
    Meal out last night was great, food was fab and company great- they were half hour late having our table ready so we had a free round of drinks too which is pretty nice (white hot chic with marshmallows yum!!)

Managed to spend £18 in the end so not too bad on the wallet and under the budget that I set for the evening. We parked a fair distance away to get free parking and it was so very cold- a very brisk march there & back in the freezing weather!

Today is a much simpler and less costly day as we're both working from home, lunch for me was a part bake roll with the parsnip soup made the other evening (2 portions in the freezer for lunches at work), gf finished some chicken sausages with her part baked roll and we both had crisps :) yum!

Tonight is new potatoes roasted with some veggies and cod in butter sauce (freezer ones). Will be going to the gym this evening gf will get her eyebrows threaded (costs £2!).

Sad news I've just had is that my best friends old dog has been put to sleep this morning, she was such a lovely little dog we used to take on hikes with us but she's gotten older so not walking as far. Sad day for bestie :(
  • misscousinitt
    Options
    Awww...animals are such a part of families; it's always sad...

The rest of your news is very positive and up beat. I hope that mine will be a bit more like that i the furture.

MCI
    Mortgage Free x 1 03.11.2012 - House rented out Feb 2016
    Mortgage No 2: £82, 595.61 (31.08.2019)
    OP's to Date £8500

Renovation Fund:£511.39;
    Nectar Points Balance: approx £30 (31.08.2019)
  • Kittenkirst
    edited 27 January 2017 at 10:53PM
    Options
    Fingers crossed for you MCI, onwards and upwards is how I like to think of life.

If I'm honest work is pretty pants at the moment, my job is safe but changing and it's all very up in the air, but I do have my job which is paying the mortgage so I'm choosing to be thankful for that and just keep my head down and work through the rough patch.

Went to Lidl after the gym and gf fancied prawns for dinner so we made a spicy tomato prawn spaghetti dish- delicious and the king prawns were on offer so very cheap! Felt like a real treat dinner :D

We have been socializing (eithe going out or having people round for dinner) a lot at the minute: we have a kitchen diary to organize us and have filled it out with work travel & social engagements- nice to be busy but sometimes I guiltily want it to be less busy! :s

54p transferred tonight to mortgage and a few onepoll surveys completed. Unlocked my pinecone today and completed a survey too so will get another £3 shortly to snaffle over as an OP :D
  • Kittenkirst
    Options
    Oh £11.89 spent at Lidl, so groceries this week has been £16.07/£30 and we have enough food for the next ten days :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback