IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Premier Inn Letter

Options
Hi,
I park every day on a business park for work.
The carpark I park at has no pay and display or anything like that.

There is a small section which is next to a Premier Inn. The rest appears public and shared with the nearby TGI Fridays.

I got a letter put on my windshield today saying that it is all premier inn's car park and if I continue to park here action will be taken. Others in my place have got these letters too. The letter says it is the second one issued to myself (however it is the first).

What are the implications of this? It is a public car park. Not clearly marked with any signs (the Premier Inn section only says "free parking. wifi").

I can provide a screenshot of the letter soon, if necessary.

Thank you

Comments

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,251 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ITGuy90 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I park every day on a business park for work.
    The carpark I park at has no pay and display or anything like that.

There is a small section which is next to a Premier Inn. The rest appears public and shared with the nearby TGI Fridays.

I got a letter put on my windshield today saying that it is all premier inn's car park and if I continue to park here action will be taken. Others in my place have got these letters too. The letter says it is the second one issued to myself (however it is the first).

What are the implications of this? It is a public car park. Not clearly marked with any signs (the Premier Inn section only says "free parking. wifi").

I can provide a screenshot of the letter soon, if necessary.

Thank you

Was the note on the windscreen from Premier Inn (an unenforceable snotogramme) or from a private parking company (a notice to driver?)

If the former I would wait to see if anything arrives through the post. If the latter, appeal as per the NEWBIES thread which you should always read first before you take any action.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • ITGuy90
    ITGuy90 Posts: 113 Forumite
    Options
    Fruitcake wrote: »
    Was the note on the windscreen from Premier Inn (an unenforceable snotogramme) or from a private parking company (a notice to driver?)

If the former I would wait to see if anything arrives through the post. If the latter, appeal as per the NEWBIES thread which you should always read first before you take any action.

Yes it was from Premier inn. I thought this I just wanted to confirm. Thanks!
  • ITGuy90
    edited 4 February 2016 at 7:17PM
    Options
    Apparently they are putting signs up at the weekend. I'll see what they say. I doubt it will be pay and display though. The irritating thing is this has been like this for years without anything said.
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,827 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I bet it will be pay and display . Just think how much money you have saved over all the time you have bee using it .
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    private land , they do not want you to park , move on

or wait till they hire a PPC and then start with the aggro involved.

at least they were not sneaky and got a PPC in at 09.30am and ticketed the lot of you
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sorry OP but I do have some sympathy for Premier Inn if they own the car park as they need their customers to be able to park.

They probably have no problem with people coming and going but to take up a space all day and most days possibly preventing a customer from being able to park is detrimental to their business.
  • ITGuy90
    Options
    There's nowhere else to park unfortunately.
    This could affect a lot of people's ability to get into work.
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    There's nowhere else to park unfortunately.
    This could affect a lot of people's ability to get into work.

That is a problem a lot of people face.

Surely there are buses that go past or near?
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Apparently they are putting signs up at the weekend. I'll see what they say. I doubt it will be pay and display though. The irritating thing is this has been like this for years without anything said.

Sounds like they are bringing in a PPC scammer.

If thats the case, like many hotels have found out, the scammer will ticket Premier Inn customers as well ..... that is where the problem will start for the hotel.
  • ITGuy90
    Options
    It's also never full the car park....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business